Author Topic: 2nd Veritas Qigong Study Group  (Read 17411 times)

May 01, 2013, 09:43:25 PM
Read 17411 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
2nd Veritas Qigong Study Group

This is the signup thread for the 2nd Veritas Qigong Study Group.

Previous participants, this is your chance to try again.

The course has been heavily revised this year to rectify some of the problems with the last course.

You will be moving more quickly this time, and learning things like controlling Qi with the mind and directing it in the body much sooner.

Mission Statement: The goal of this course is to introduce and teach fundamentals of Chinese Qigong, Eastern Meditation, and Daoist philosophy, as well as produce a student capable of developing, refining, and controlling Qi and using it to affect change in the world around them and themselves.

This group moves at a quick pace, and ultimately will 1) Educate you and introduce you to Daoist philosophy and 2) Give you a regimen of energetic cultivation that will lead to good health and a positive life outlook. Additionally, a graduate of this course will be able to continue training using Intermediate Daoyin Qigong and Applications and Advanced Daoyin Qigong and Kundalini Yoga, thereby bypassing Beginning Daoist Qigong. It will also prepare you for taking an internal martial art as you'll have some familiarity with the basic terms and ideas, as well as Chinese philosophy.

This course outline is as follows:

Introductory Qigong and Daoist Meditation Study Group

Week 1: Discussion of Qigong, where it comes from, what Qi is, what Yi is, Qigong breathing methods and the theory of the San Bao (Three Treasures). Exercises will include the Qigong forms Pushing Water, Lifting the Sky and Shaolin Archer, as well as Zen meditation.

Week 2: Discussion of Daoist philosophy as it relates to Qigong. Exercises include  "Void"/Wuwei meditation, and Dantian meditation.

Week 3: Discussion of Daoist philosophy as it relates to Qigong. Exercises include Ki Cho Jaki (Pumping Qi) and bringing Qi to the hands.

Week 4: Discussion of Jing as it relates to the martial arts and Taijiquan, discussion of meridian theory. Exercises include Void meditation and Baduanjin (Eight Pieces of Brocade) Qigong.

Week 5: Introduction to San Bao unification theory, and discussion of how Qi, Jing and Shen interplay. Introduction to the microcosmic orbit. Exercises include Dantian meditation and the microcosmic orbit.

Week 6: Introduction to Qi healing using empathy, emotion and "yi". Exercises include healing exercises. Students will be required to find somebody they trust in and can channel healing Qi into, and report the results.

Week 7: Continuing training lecture, no exercises, course concludes.

Exercises list

Exercise 1: Three Basic Qigong Forms (Pushing Water, Lifting the Sky, Shaolin Archer)
Exercise 2: Zen Meditation
Exercise 3: Wuwei Meditation
Exercise 4: Dantian Meditation
Exercise 5: Pumping Qi
Exercise 6: Bringing Qi to the Hands
Exercise 7: Baduanjin Qigong
Exercise 8: Microcosmic Orbit
Exercise 9: Hands-on-Healing
Exercise 10: Deep Tissue Massage

The course has a time commitment of one (1) hour a day of practice, however I'm lenient and you can do less and get by. It is in your best benefit to dedicate an hour a day to the practices, but you decide what you're willing to do. The more you invest, the better your progression will be.

Quote from: Koujiryuu
No, the course is not held over IRC or any other forms of chat. The course will be held in a separate subforum called "Qigong Study Group" that will show up when the group starts under the "Study Group and Mentoring" heading of the Veritas forum index.

On May 30th, the forums will be created, and all of the participants will be added to a group that's allowed to see and post in it.

Your obligations are simply to check the forums, and post in the appropriate threads. Once a week, every Friday, I will post a new lecture with exercises in it. You discuss and ask questions about the lecture in it's thread, and you post your experiences with doing the exercises at a minimum, once a week, in the numbered exercise experience threads I create. Your participation is basically monitored by how active you are in posting overall, but mainly hinges on you posting your experiences practicing the exercises. So, as long as you practice and post your experiences with both exercises at least once that week, you're good.

The Qigong Study Group is held in separate subforums here on Veritas that you will be added to when they start. It is NOT held in the IRC chatroom, private messages or any other chat medium.

EDIT: Start date changed.
The projected start date for the 2nd Veritas Qigong Study Group is May 28, 2013.

To sign up, simply reply with your name. I will compile a list of people to be added to the subforum on May 25th, 2013, and pass it to kobok so he can add you. If you have even the slightest interest it is in your best interests to sign up immediately.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:03:25 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

May 01, 2013, 10:47:24 PM
Reply #1

Nyktelios

• View Profile
Interested.

Nyktelios.

May 02, 2013, 12:09:37 PM
Reply #2

random_noob

• Settling In

• View Profile
I'd like to participate.

random_noob

May 02, 2013, 12:17:29 PM
Reply #3

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

May 02, 2013, 03:19:07 PM
Reply #4

jimdare

• Settling In

• View Profile
I would like to join as well, if you will have me.

Jimdare

May 02, 2013, 03:48:21 PM
Reply #5

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Glad to see some interest.

I would like to have at least five active participants, but I will start the group with only one person. Thus, it is looking good so far.

Something like this requires an extraordinary attention to detail, and also a heavy time commitment on my part. So, I am going to have to emphasize that with few people, everybody needs to stick with it until the end. I don't want a repeat of last year (where out of 11 people, only one continued his participation until the end). I would strongly encourage that everyone work hard to make time for the exercises, and make time to continue to post your experiences and ask questions, and continue this commitment until the end. Of course, if you are having trouble, myself and the other group members can assist with questions or problems you have. Additionally, if for some reason you can't post your experiences, do the exercises and other things required of you, PLEASE PM me and tell me the reasons why. That way, I can work with you to make exceptions, allow you more time to catch up, and assist with any problems you're having.

Please please please, realize that I'm not some master or Guru and I'm not unapproachable. I'm a normal 28 year old guy with hobbies, a girlfriend, and a life outside of Veritas. I'm as normal as they come, I just happen to have an interest in spirituality. There is no reason for anyone to be intimidated or feel they cannot approach me with their problems. As always, I am only here to help, and EVERYONE on Veritas is welcome to ask for my help any time they need. Keep this in mind as the time for the group to begin approaches. I definitely understand the time commitment this takes, as well as people being preoccupied with other things.

In short: Let's work together to make this a success.

I would like to join as well, if you will have me.

Jimdare

I would be ecstatic to have you, especially considering your martial background. Everyone is welcome without exception.

Good health and training.

Kouji

EDIT: The projected start date has been changed to Thursday, May 30th, 2013. At this time, all participants will be added to the hidden group forums, and we will begin with the introductions and ground rules for the group. June 1st is a Saturday, and last year I posted lectures and exercises for the week every Friday. This allows people with busy schedules to do their reading and try the exercises over the weekend, when not working. So, the target date is the Thursday before the weekend and the first lecture and exercises will be posted Friday.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:00:14 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles

May 02, 2013, 11:59:42 PM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

May 03, 2013, 10:58:32 AM
Reply #7

Aprophis

• A Familiar Feature

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I'm interested too.

Aprophis

May 04, 2013, 02:09:26 PM
Reply #8

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Six people so far, looks good.

I can definitely run this with six people.

If anyone else is considering this but hasn't posted, think of it this way: what do you have to lose? This is totally free and only requires a few hours of your time per week. If you have the free time, there is no good reason *not* to try this out. It is markedly different from Psionics and Magick, and good for the body.

Still almost a month to sign up. Think it over.
My Articles

May 04, 2013, 04:38:27 PM
Reply #9

Eniri

• Settling In

• View Profile
I would like to participate.

May 04, 2013, 05:25:42 PM
Reply #10

Kyuuketsuki

• Settling In

• View Profile
Sounds very interesting, sign me up if there is room. I am busy this month but hope to be around a few times to hopefully see if I am chosen or not.

May 04, 2013, 05:41:15 PM
Reply #11

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Everyone who signs up gets in.

Remember, that it starts May 30th, 2013.
My Articles

May 04, 2013, 07:07:24 PM
Reply #12

Mordekaiser

• View Profile
I'm interested in this

May 04, 2013, 07:26:45 PM
Reply #13

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Excellent, mark your calendars.

Looking forward to this.  :P
My Articles

May 05, 2013, 02:52:48 PM
Reply #14

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Good luck to everyone who participates in this course :)