Author Topic: 2nd Veritas Qigong Study Group  (Read 16468 times)

May 08, 2013, 01:41:12 PM
Reply #15

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Group is three weeks away from tomorrow.   :cool:

Anyone still considering signing up, please do!
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

May 08, 2013, 07:23:54 PM
Reply #16

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
Kouji, I've been following your writings for about 6-7 years, however I'm never able to commit to Qigong no matter how many times I try it, especially on top of my Occult practices. I have since my teenage years fallen prey to religious dogma and as such have taken a narrow world view. I would like to return to the time when I practiced the Martial Arts with hard determination, where I embraced the Eastern philosophies and I had healthier life. I think having an active, distinguished teacher such as yourself would really help me and I will work my hardest in your class. I can't thank you enough for an opportunity like this.

Shadow_Dragon
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

May 08, 2013, 10:07:09 PM
Reply #17

Watchtower

• Posts By Osmosis

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Contemplative Panentheist
    • View Profile
I am interested in participating in this course.  I assume the meetings will be held over IRC, but how many times per week and on what days and times?
"For no matter how holy works may be, they do not make us holy because we do them, but in so far as we within ourselves are as we should be, we make holy all that we do, whether it be eating, or sleeping, or working, or what it may."

-Eckhart von Hochheim

May 09, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
Reply #18

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Quote from: Shadow_Dragon
Kouji, I've been following your writings for about 6-7 years, however I'm never able to commit to Qigong no matter how many times I try it, especially on top of my Occult practices. I have since my teenage years fallen prey to religious dogma and as such have taken a narrow world view. I would like to return to the time when I practiced the Martial Arts with hard determination, where I embraced the Eastern philosophies and I had healthier life. I think having an active, distinguished teacher such as yourself would really help me and I will work my hardest in your class. I can't thank you enough for an opportunity like this.

This course has been designed from the ground up to give you a simple, basic regimen of Qigong exercises and meditations to practice primarily for health. These exercises are among the most basic and easy to grasp exercises that anyone can do them, but also powerful and rewarding enough that they lead to transcendence and embodiment of Dao if you stick with them. After completing the group, you will be able to move on to exercises in my other articles (Intermediate and Advanced), and you will have a solid enough grasp of the terminology and foundation of Qigong that you'll be able to move on to an internal martial art. Additionally, there is supplemental material at the end of the course that covers things like the differences between internal martial arts, Chinese herbology, tea, and supplements. It is through these things that we see the difference between Qigong, Psionics, Magick and even Yoga, where the goal of Qigong is to treat and supplement the whole body, mind, and spirit together as one. It is believed that if any one of these things is functioning improperly, the system as a whole is not aligned with nature. For many thousands of years this has been the basis of traditional Chinese medicine and folk doctors. So, in completing this group you will not only learn exercises but also the basis of Qigong theory, how to use herbology to balance the energy, and how to identify and remedy things such as Yin/Yang imbalance.

I am happy to have you in the group.

I am interested in participating in this course.  I assume the meetings will be held over IRC, but how many times per week and on what days and times?

Hehehe... you're like the 5th person to ask this. ;)

I guess I should have made it more clear in the original post. I'll change that and make sure to have it posted next year.

No, the course is not held over IRC or any other forms of chat. The course will be held in a separate subforum called "Qigong Study Group" that will show up when the group starts under the "Study Group and Mentoring" heading of the Veritas forum index.

On May 30th, the forums will be created, and all of the participants will be added to a group that's allowed to see and post in it.

Your obligations are simply to check the forums, and post in the appropriate threads. Once a week, every Friday, I will post a new lecture with exercises in it. You discuss and ask questions about the lecture in it's thread, and you post your experiences with doing the exercises at a minimum, once a week, in the numbered exercise experience threads I create following the posting of the lecture. Your participation is basically monitored by how active you are in posting overall, but mainly hinges on you posting your experiences practicing the exercises. So, as long as you practice and post your experiences with both exercises at least once that week, you're good.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:51:34 AM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles

May 09, 2013, 02:04:43 PM
Reply #19

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Sorry for double posting.

Qigong Study Group: Changes from 2012

Below is an overview of changes made to the Veritas Qigong Study Group  since 2012. This is provided in an effort to facilitate clarity and  transparency regarding the group.

This is as much information for me as it is for you guys.

- Added a new lengthly group introduction detailing many things, and including mystic's message to the group, to consilidate threads

- Moved some discussion in the lectures from Week 1 to Week 2

- Moved "Guidelines for Practicing Qigong" section from Week 2 to Week 1

- Added more information on Daoist philosophy to Week 2, including a section on "enlightenment" and Daoism as it exists in China today

- Added a few more things to the "What affects Qi" section in Week 2's lecture

- New lecture in Week 2 concerning Qigong Disease and how to prevent it

- Moved lecture on Yi/intention from I believe week 5 to week 3

- Moved Baduanjin from Week 3 to Week 4

- Moved exercises "Ki Cho Jaki" and "Bringing Qi to the hands" from week 4 to week 3

- More information on Jing added to the lecture in week 3 (three more paragraphs)

- Greatly expanded the section on tea in the Week 7 continuing training lecture

- Added a section about healthy use of alcohol as a longevity practice  to Week 7 (one drink a day to prevent heart disease) and accordingly fixed the "no alcohol" section in the "What Affects Qi?" lecture in  week 2

- Added a section about care of the physical body and mental attitude to week 7's lecture

- Other miscellaneous fixes and small things I can't remember
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:11:46 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles

May 09, 2013, 07:07:38 PM
Reply #20

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I'm absolutely excited about this. I can't wait!
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

May 09, 2013, 07:15:16 PM
Reply #21

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Good. We need that kind of enthusiasm. Just make sure you stick with that enthusiasm until the end, even when you have trouble with the practices, or don't want to do them.

On a side note: would anyone here be opposed to the idea of a completely open study group to the point they would retract their participation? In the interest of making the process more transparent, I have considered running this year's group in a publicly viewable forum. However, only people in the group will be able to post in the forum. Also, making threads in BEA about subjects or discussions in the study group will not be allowed, as in that case, you should've just signed up. This will ensure that everything is viewable to the public and discourage criticisms of why we are doing things behind closed doors. Additionally, last year's study group will retroactively be renamed "Qigong Study Group 2012" and made publicly viewable.
My Articles

May 09, 2013, 07:38:03 PM
Reply #22

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Sounds good to me, I don't have any issue with that. I'm all for free public knowledge.

May 09, 2013, 09:31:55 PM
Reply #23

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
That sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Hopefully it will lead to a lot more activity in the BEA forums.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

May 09, 2013, 09:34:45 PM
Reply #24

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
That's what I was thinking. I notice that since the days of radical chi, BEA seems to be a lot less talked about. Perhaps this is exactly what the forums needs.

May 10, 2013, 08:48:46 AM
Reply #25

Fanna

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hi, new here and would love it if you would have the study group in an open forum. Thanks for dedicating your time to this effort!

May 10, 2013, 09:28:23 AM
Reply #26

Nan

• Settling In

• View Profile
Nan.

I'm new and I have an interest in this.

May 10, 2013, 12:19:26 PM
Reply #27

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Fanna did you want to participate? Your message was a little unclear on that note.
My Articles

May 10, 2013, 01:15:12 PM
Reply #28

Fanna

• Settling In

• View Profile
Definitely interested in participating. Sorry for the confusion.

May 10, 2013, 01:28:56 PM
Reply #29

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
My Articles