Author Topic: Dumbbells or Barbells  (Read 11376 times)

May 12, 2013, 03:44:04 AM
Reply #15

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
You weight lifters are crazy! I can barely bench press my weight, can't handle more than fifteen pound dumbbells (last time I tried) and would not even think about doing pull ups with weights.

For chest I do wide push ups, triangle push ups, dips, wide grip pull ups or resistance bands. For shoulders I do diamond push ups, close grip pull ups and military press push ups ('Chinese' push ups). For core I do leg lefts and butterfly/flutter kicks (on the ground) and knee raises (from the bar). Of course, I don't concentrate on a muscle groups that often (hardly ever) but do circuit training, super sets, etc, and work my whole body every routine. I will place emphasis between strong man strength, endurance strength and explosive strength though, because all three are necessary for functionality, at least in experience and opinion.

Plus, calisthenics keeps me lighter on my feet, more flexible and away from injuries (I've injured myself twice from improper lifting and never from calisthenics... I guess it's different for everybody).
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

May 12, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
Reply #16

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

May 12, 2013, 06:06:40 PM
Reply #17

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Thank you. I have always been amazed by gymnasts, but my biggest influences are the YouTube ghetto bar athletes, especially Hannibal for King and Hit Richards (Calisthenics Kingz), although other groups such as Barstarzz are also excellent.

Let's see how long it takes me to get to to the planch and lever- the articles progression is the best I've seen on those progressions. Excellent.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."