Author Topic: Dream or instruction via wife?  (Read 3630 times)

January 29, 2013, 02:57:49 AM
Read 3630 times

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
My wife recalled a dream to me this morning, some parts in detail so I have read it, do you agree with me?

She said she went to our front door but instead of it being our door it was poorly fitted and made of wood. She did not look who it was but went to open it, the door was now opening and she was confronted by two men, one black and the other white, they started to push the door against her which she says she clearly felt in order to get in. She says that I was now at the top of the stairs having a heart attack but that I had made the appropriate emergency phone calls. She says that she now shouted at me saying that she told me to get the door fixed.

This is when she woke up but she did say that they didnít get in, she could not describe the black guy but she said the white guy had a moustache and was rough shaven (not designer) she says he also wore a baseball cap.

To me there are two possibilities:

1.She is angry at two people and is stopping or wanting to stop them having their own way and that I cannot do anything to help other than supporting her.

2.It is majickal in origin; I know some minor irritations have tried to prove things to themselves (and others) and have met with some minor rebuffs, so they are in their disillusion trying against the/my home, unfortunately they came up against my wife who is stronger than me majickally speaking! Maybe she is telling me to sort it out?

Both could be a possibility at this time, couldnít they!

Anyone see anything different?

Searcher
Always with love and peace, it as never been any different, so I why should I change now!
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

January 29, 2013, 07:16:27 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Searcher: Your wife might have suppressed a fear regarding your health condition and this fear is now trying to remind itself. It's a fear that you will be unable to help/protect the home in emergency situation.

January 29, 2013, 10:50:49 AM
Reply #2

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Could be AF, I hadn't looked at it in that way!

I will be looking at my internal bias a bit closer.

Searcher
(same)
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?

January 29, 2013, 11:26:15 AM
Reply #3

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Could just be a dream. Frequently dreams incorporate imagery and emotions that are either very recently experienced or, in the case of emotions, focused upon in the recent past. The way these images manifest in dreams isn't random per se, but they don't inherently carry any meaning either.

People often read way too much into dreams, exacerbating existing worries and stress because they think that somehow the dream is symbolic of a need for them to do something in or with their life. But since they're often waiting for the dreams or some interpretation of the dreams to tell them what to do, acting upon them is made tricky.

And keep in mind that you dream a significant amount more than you remember dreaming. You typically only remember dreams that are interrupted by wakefulness, and even then with difficulty. What about all the dreams you can't remember? What important life-changing prophecies could they have contained? The answer is simple.

tl;dr- worry less about dreams, they're like soap operas (mostly incoherent melodrama).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:29:28 AM by Faijer »
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

January 29, 2013, 12:26:06 PM
Reply #4

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
I partly agree faijer but as we already know we both follow different paths. Yes some dreams are just that, our mind in enjoyment mode! but if you follow a more mystic path then dreams are lessons while we sleep and therefore have meanings. By opening up to such experiances I have been given (just one way of saying it) information that is realivant to a given situation and have proved useful to me. It is all about being willing to leave yourself open and that is the dificult bit is it not. :wink:

Searcher
(same)

January 29, 2013, 01:35:03 PM
Reply #5

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Searcher: You can always just ask your wife about her worries, it doesn't hurt :).
@Faijer: Well, if your dreams are incoherent soap opera like dramas then I really recommend you to find psychiatric help ;-). Dreams are one of ways how subconscious mind tries to present message to the conscious mind. Why? Because it is something that conscious mind suppressed and it has to be solved before it becomes a bigger problem.
Of course there are also association dreams based on what you perceived/experienced during the day or shortly before sleep, but you will always know when that's the case ;-).

January 29, 2013, 01:57:29 PM
Reply #6

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: Searcher
I partly agree faijer but as we already know we both follow different paths. Yes some dreams are just that, our mind in enjoyment mode! but if you follow a more mystic path then dreams are lessons while we sleep and therefore have meanings. By opening up to such experiances I have been given (just one way of saying it) information that is realivant to a given situation and have proved useful to me. It is all about being willing to leave yourself open and that is the dificult bit is it not.
The polar opposite to being open is not being closed, because being closed is the opposite to being gullible. And quite honestly, if you interpret dreams to have meanings then I can't stop you, but please don't hide behind the 'mystic path' denominator because I'm not afraid to "go there". No religion, no mysticism, no tradition, no superstition is sacrosanct simply because it is an 'alternative way'.

And just ask yourself, if you are truly 'open', whether those meanings you find are actually a part of the dream itself, or whether they're just meanings that you're implanting onto the dream that aren't inherently present. And before you admit to the latter and retort with an "aha, it doesn't matter because the meaning is still there!", consider that any revelations you had weren't intrinsically a result of the dream but of your own capacity for self-reflection. If removing the dreams removes said capacity for self-reflection, then you might want to consider whether or not the dream interpretation is a crutch.

Quote from: Akenu
@Faijer: Well, if your dreams are incoherent soap opera like dramas then I really recommend you to find psychiatric help ;-).
Are you a professional authorised to make such a recommendation?

Quote from: Akenu
Dreams are one of ways how subconscious mind tries to present message to the conscious mind. Why? Because it is something that conscious mind suppressed and it has to be solved before it becomes a bigger problem.
Show me proof before making sweeping statements that posit the existence of two distinct minds within the human. I've yet to see any conclusive evidence that the 'unconscious' mind is actually a thing in itself; much in the same way that your computer and its processors are not considered two different computers. Modern cognitive theory tends to view the unconscious mind with a more grounded perspective than its 18th century heritage.

To elucidate on the rather odd notion of the unconscious mind within psychodynamic theory, I'll simply quote Erich Fromm, "The term 'the unconscious' is actually a mystification (even though one might use it for reasons of convenience, as I am guilty of doing in these pages). There is no such thing as the unconscious; there are only experiences of which we are aware, and others of which we are not aware, that is, of which we are unconscious. If I hate a man because I am afraid of him, and if I am aware of my hate but not of my fear, we may say that my hate is conscious and that my fear is unconscious; still my fear does not lie in that mysterious place: 'the' unconscious."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:06:46 PM by Faijer »

January 29, 2013, 02:13:33 PM
Reply #7

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Didn't realise how hard I was stepping - sorry faijer

I will let it pass but becareful how hard you push your bias.

No person can be truly open we all have bias but it is the idividuals responsibility to identify and attempt to compensate for it. Yes it is a free world (well sort of) and I like many others that follow a mystic path beleave that dreams are lessons and I cannot stop you from disbeleaving in this occult type stuff.

Development in the occult happens over time and dream interpretation is no different - the more you practice the better you get just like reading tarot and understanding your intuition.

Surely this discussion about the validity of the occult is in the wrong place and taking a thread in an unwanted direction. Start your thread in another place and I will gladly join you there

Searcher
Using love and peace as a crutch

January 29, 2013, 02:17:07 PM
Reply #8

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: Searcher
Didn't realise how hard I was stepping - sorry faijer

I will let it pass but becareful how hard you push your bias.
You assume emotion where there is none, and you misunderstand how an argument works- if both sides acquiesce before stances are set then the argument has fizzled before it has begun. We were not at an impasse because you had not tried to push, and you missed the obvious right before your eyes; look to your left and below the image, and understand before you judge.

January 29, 2013, 02:25:38 PM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Faijer: Do I really need to prove anything? Didn't Freud already prove that with his psycho analysis? Wasn't it already proven by literally thousands of studies? It's nice you think that subconsciousness is outdated belief Faijer, then feel free to explain phobias and neurotic behavior. I am not psychologist, I also didn't study philosophy, but I am Magician and Magician always searches what is fruitful, introspection and retrospection techniques, relaxation, dream analysis, behavior interpretation, these all and much more I learned from psychology during my spare time.

January 29, 2013, 03:23:40 PM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Faijer: You know what? I decided not to be a dickhead and spare you about a long argument about 2 minds. The thing is that the idea of "2 minds" came from you, not from me. I literally said "conscious mind and subconscious mind" which you transformed into mind + mind = 2 minds, which is the exactly same mistake some modern psychologists did (just some, not all of them). When you are studying something, you have to study it in the context of the time. Behavior of people develops and the language develops as well. 18th century people didn't have it wrong with 2 minds, this syntax (conscious and unconscious) could still refer to one mind, funnily enough this "relics" are still present in some European languages, eg in my language it is completely fine to speak about unconscious and conscious mind without it being understood as two distinct minds.
But if you prefer something more modern, we can use post-freudian "ego, superego, id" split to avoid language barriers :).

January 29, 2013, 03:31:30 PM
Reply #11

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Faijer you missed what was my focus

Surely this discussion about the validity of the occult is in the wrong place and taking a thread in an unwanted direction. Start your thread in another place and I will gladly join you there

Searcher