Author Topic: Oath Breaker: Priesthood  (Read 3454 times)

November 20, 2012, 03:41:37 AM
Read 3454 times

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Introduction
Priesthood nowadays is a term exchangeable with clericalism, but in Magick the priesthood means still the same thing. Adept* of Magick should take a role of priest and do common actions associated with priesthood: Blessings, exorcisms, healings, confessions listening, public service and at least 1 month each year, during this time the adept should follow a simple set of rules to remain pure.

Rule #1: No exceptions
Whether a person in need is of opposite religion than you are or a complete skeptic, there is no reason to avoid your duty, you should also be able to pray in any holy house whether it is church, mosque, pyramid or ancient temple. If you do not believe in God then you can pray to and bless through divine force or whatever sounds appealing to you.

Rule #2: No anger
I personally hate this rule, no matter whether someone just stomped on your foot or burned down your whole house, there is this "no anger" rule and whenever you start having any kind of anger symptoms, you have to immediately banish them by sending blessings to the person that is causing you the trouble.
The blessing can be as simple as saying "May God bless you" with the cross gesture or as complex as a complete 2 hours ritual (be creative).

Rule #3: Nobility
No vulgar words, no curses, no paid occult related services, priesthood must be executed nobly and for free. You also must dedicate yourself fully to the priesthood, even if just for that one month per year.

Advantages
Priesthood is categorized as one of the Greater Oaths, that means the successful execution and finishing of the priesthood will greatly improve your willpower, cleanse your astral body from any external influences and improve your personality (rule #2 is great anger management exercise). Priesthood is also one of very few oaths that also increases your spiritual authority, that will be fully apparent even after finishing the first priesthood cycle.

Notes
Definition of Adept in this article is a bit different than what you usually consider an adept to be. Modern definition is a person that is very skilled in occult phenomena, an enlightened person if you wish, definition used in the article is the older one: Adept is a person aspiring to the next degree in Magick.

November 20, 2012, 03:19:31 PM
Reply #1

Neeros

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Shaolin Mage
    • View Profile
    • Shaolin Wahnam
Rule #2: No anger
I personally hate this rule,

Hahahaha  :P
The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs

November 20, 2012, 04:23:51 PM
Reply #2

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
What's with the "oath breaker" in the title?

But still, great thread. Good advice.

November 21, 2012, 01:30:02 AM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Oath Breaker is a series of articles I am currently writing. In each article I break one oath of silence. Things I am writing about are mostly "secrets" of Martinists, but I believe that Papus didn't intend to so when he reconstituted Martinist Order, especially when we consider his activity regarding revealing Magick to the public.

November 22, 2012, 12:24:05 PM
Reply #4

akuigla

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Great article.
I especially like Nobility,because I believe that conscious effort to control own words by eliminating curses and profanity,one purifies mind,and ultimately, own soul.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

November 23, 2012, 06:38:54 AM
Reply #5

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

December 15, 2012, 07:48:03 AM
Reply #6

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Things I am writing about are mostly "secrets" of Martinists, but I believe that Papus didn't intend to so when he reconstituted Martinist Order, especially when we consider his activity regarding revealing Magick to the public.

I don't understand this comment about The Martinist Order and the assumption for Papus made about intent. If you are reading or heating about Martinist activity on the net or anywhere else for that matter, and it says its secret, it's not. It was deliberately released for the public.

That's all that can be said about TMO, but all true Orders require oaths of silence upon acceptance. If these are broken and repeatedly, the initiate will no longer enjoy the benefits of what an Order has to offer.

Just a note, dedication to any spiritual work is a full time affair. One month a year maybe in active or public service, but a true spiritual person or member of a priesthood as it is described in this article, is a 24/7 practice and life style. Otherwise very little benefit will be had for the priest or anyone he/she will come in contact with.

Just my opinion, and thank you for the article, some very nice points!  

December 15, 2012, 10:28:21 AM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
At least one month per year was recommended by Papus.
Regarding the oaths: I do not owe anything to any order, just to the God (and to Papus).

December 15, 2012, 12:49:14 PM
Reply #8

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
At least one month per year was recommended by Papus.
Regarding the oaths: I do not owe anything to any order, just to the God (and to Papus).

Interesting! Thanks for clarifying where that concept came from. Not having read this about "one month a year" was he referring to particular service as in retreat or seclusion, but  always attempting to live within the parameters as you described during the rest of the year?

I would love to read about this if you wouldn't mind giving where this is referenced. Thank you !

I didn't mean you owed any order anything, just simply stating that all orders of the caliber as a true  Martinist Order consider oaths very serious. I have seen where members "drift away" or break the oath and feel great compassion for all who do. But at the same time realize we are human, all far from perfect (including moi!)  and maybe it was just not time yet and will return someday. Association and the benefits someone can experience following just the few guidelines which mainly involves just being true to yourself, to your heart, can leave such deep impressions, are so sacred, breaking an oath is unthinkable.

Back to Papus!  He as a very interesting man and did some great things in his lifetime, the greatest was re-energizing the Martinist Order, of which, the Traditional Martinist Order is a direct lineage. Interestingly, to receive initiation which has been the tradition from its beginning in the 1700's as the Elus Cohens with Martinez de Pasqually, the initiations, teachings and transmissions are still given orally in a dedicated Heptad or Atelier.

Papus had an associate who was quite amazing and deeply influenced him, but little known who you might find interesting. His name is Philippe Nizier, or Maitre (Master) Philippe Nizier. Papus considers him a spiritual master and worked with him extensively. Think he was also the one who influenced Papus in stepping  away from some of the magical practices learned in the GD and on to a truer lasting practice. The way of the Heart....as a side note the GD seemed to attract, then spin off lots of amazing people whom after moving on from the order, blossomed to have major influence in the occult world and teachings of today.

Anyway, you may want to investigate Maitre (Master) Philippe Nizier if you haven't heard of him already, and guarantee you will find him interesting. Another of his students other than Papus was Cyril Scott, another amazing man. Among other things, he wrote a series of books on his experience with his teacher, and think now Nazier was possibly this figure he was writing about, but never named. One book is titled The Initiate in the Dark Cycle, by His Pupil (Scott did not use his real name on these) its a particular favorite and easily found in PDF on the net for free.

Anyway, wishing you all the best in your ventures!!!

December 20, 2012, 12:29:10 PM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Where does that come from? Well, Papus has mentioned priesthood together with Magickal Prayer as two key points in the development in his "Traité élémentaire de magie pratique".
Unfortunately it seems that this book has never been translated to English.

February 26, 2013, 06:02:14 PM
Reply #10

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Akenu your oathbreaker articles are astounding, Please keep up the good work. :)
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

February 27, 2013, 09:39:00 AM
Reply #11

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Akenu your oathbreaker articles are astounding, Please keep up the good work. :)

February 28, 2013, 09:04:28 PM
Reply #12

Dyeus

• Settling In

• View Profile
Sounds super interesting.
I actually really like the rules you have written.
Especially the nobility part.
Good luck!

March 04, 2013, 09:07:55 PM
Reply #13

Vilhjalmr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I must agree with NathanE -- these articles are incredible. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Akenu. "Information wants to be free!" :)
Etwas auf Deutsch