Author Topic: Dowsing 101 Monday Night!  (Read 3530 times)

February 20, 2004, 07:26:31 PM
Read 3530 times

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
Well my good friends we have our first class Monday night  9 central.
There will be a basic intro and more here before Monday on what it covers.

We will be having class after the written section that is coming over the weekend.   We have a start! and we have a class on irc!  There is the possibility of weekend repeat classes as well ;}

Where it is held I will post soon.  Hope there is some interest
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

February 20, 2004, 08:14:56 PM
Reply #1

chela

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jcrause/library1.html
Hey all, this is my first post here but I will be teaching the class on monday night.  My plan is to talk about the subconscious mind and how it relates to psi and several exercises and successive classes to go along.  The class monday night will teach dowsing with a pendulum so it will be helpful if you have a pendulum or make one before class.  You just need about a 8 inch piece of thread or string and something to weigh it down like a lead fishing weight, the pull chain off a ceiling fan (you can buy simple ot very fancy crystal ones at Wal-mart), things like a class ring, a pennant such as a cross or my favorite handy dandy key.

Successive classes to follow will include things like how to focus, making a memory palace and constructs.
:D  :p  :D  :p  Classes and articles

-}Star{-

February 23, 2004, 02:41:28 PM
Reply #2

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Tonights class will be held in vacademy chat room on sorcery server, our offical chat room channel.  The place may move to a practice room, but everyone meeting in vacademy.  9 Central time.  I am looking into the conversions for that and will post if I find it ;}
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

February 24, 2004, 02:50:12 PM
Reply #3

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
[20:00] <}Star{> Thanks for joining the class.  To begin I would like to tell you all that all the classes I will be doing are all related to working with the subconscious mind.  Some of you may not understand why the subconscious mind is important to psi.
[20:00] I would like to thank my friend in advance for giving of her time and patience.  I would also like to thank you all for showing up, I know you will show her respect;}
[20:00] you beat me star lol
[20:00] <}Star{>  Because the subconscious mind's function is to store, generate, transmit and distrubute all energy, you start to just see the tip of the ice burg on what that subconscious mind can do for you when you start to communicate with it.  Other functions fo the subconscious mind are:
[20:01] <}Star{> habit and instinct
[20:01] <}Star{> all memory retrieval and storage
[20:01] <}Star{> runs the body and all autonomic systems
[20:01] <}Star{> contains the perfect blueprint of health
[20:01] <}Star{> follows directions but if energy field is low, it follows the strongest field. It cannot tell the difference between your command, that of someone else or a spirit.
[20:01] <}Star{> can be highly moral depending on the programming. Contains all personal beliefs and environemntal programming such as how you were raised.
[20:01] <}Star{> controls all sensory input example: MPD personalities, one is diabetic, another wears glasses as well as voice differences.
[20:01] <}Star{> needs repitition as in pavolvian conditioning for long term projects
[20:01] <}Star{> uses and responds to symbols and talks to us in dreams with symbolic usage.
[20:02] <}Star{> The subconscious is often compared to a computer and with good reasoning. What we put in determines how the computer will act. Change the program and the instructions and you get a different function. Just as the computer runs a lot of programs in the background that many of us are not aware of, so does the subconscious mind.
[20:02] <}Star{> Our subconscious mind lies below the level of our conscious awareness and it stores all the information that comes in through our senses. It also houses all our memories, and our emotions.
[20:03] <}Star{> It controls most of our bodily systems like breathing, heart beat, digestion, and eye blinking. It also takes over for us when we are doing repetitive tasks such as walking, driving, typing and sports. This is why you don't really need to think much about these things once you learn them.
[20:03] <}Star{> But do you remember what it was like when you were learning? Every movement was very deliberate--that's because it was your conscious mind doing it. Once the subconscious got the hang of it and took over, everything became much smoother and automatic. This is especially idea when it comes to using psi and your psi skills.
[20:03] <}Star{> Think about telepathy and doing it automatically without stopping to put yourself in that correct state and mindset, and shields when you need them automatically or making a psi sphere in an instant rather then having to spend time gathering energy and programming it.
[20:04] <}Star{> The way we are going to learn tonight is by starting off with dowsing using a pendulum.  In the weeks that follow I will be going over new exercises for you to use as you step up in your ability to communicate and to use your subconscious mind for you insted of against you.
[20:04] <}Star{> let me also add that dowsing can be done with L-rods to find water and other minerals but I am not teacing that tonight
[20:05] <}Star{> any questions before we move on?
[20:05] what is dowsing
[20:05] sounds like taking a nap
[20:05] lol
[20:05] <}Star{> we will get to that in a few minutes
[20:05] i have one
[20:05] <}Star{> go ahead cryo
[20:05] is the dowsing rod(when it finds water) being controaled by the subconscious
[20:05] if so
[20:06] how does the subconscious know where water is
[20:06] <}Star{> yes it is, the mind programs it to find a predetermined object
[20:06] Can you talk to your subconscious, as if it's another person?
[20:07] <}Star{> thats a good question.  The subconscious mind, also called the ID is connected to the cosmic unconsciousness or higherself
[20:07] <}Star{> because we are connected to everything and everyone, asking the mind to find something is very simple
[20:07] My question was more directed at you personally, Star :P
[20:07] <}Star{> yes it can leo but on a very sub level
[20:07] how can you talk to your subconscious if it is apart of you?
[20:08] if it is YOU
[20:08] sorry i have annother
[20:08] how do you distinguish your foot from your hand? :)
[20:08] <}Star{> you can talk to it because it *is* a part of you
[20:08] <}Star{> your body is more then the sum of physical parts
[20:08] I have learnt differently, so I can talk to him :P
[20:08] but you make it sound like it is detatched
[20:08] just like ego , super ego and id are part of you
[20:08] * cryohorizon raises hand
[20:08] <}Star{> its all energy on some level or another and the subconscious is like the master control station
[20:09] sure the heck is
[20:09] <}Star{> by making it sound detached its easier to teach that one specific part.  Like in school when you learn biology you learn the different systems of the bosy as circulatory, muscular, skeletal, etc
[20:10] is there a way to make all the egos and consciouses(lol) to work together?
[20:10] <}Star{> the way I learned it yes but it can be difficult because some of the systems dont like working together exactly
[20:10] this class helps with that ;}
[20:11] good
[20:11] I'm done
[20:11] <}Star{> the conscious mind likes to have control and when it has control, the subconscious mind and the superconscious have less control until you make those connections and open that awareness
[20:11] * cryohorizon raises hand
[20:11] <}Star{> the system I learned with was Huna
[20:12] Huna to open awareness?
[20:12] I have never heard of this Huna
[20:12] <}Star{> it goes back to something like 6000 years ago and traced it roots to Lemuria.  I dont know if I buy all that but its had the separations in consciousness well before modern psychology was formed
[20:12] <}Star{> Huna is a system of Hawaiian shamanism
[20:12] <}Star{> Im not going to go into that tonight and you can ask me later if you are interested
[20:12] yeah I was about to say
[20:13] you said that you can talk to your subconscious
[20:13] on a very "rudimentary level"
[20:13] do you know people who can do it better
[20:13] <}Star{> yes you can in many ways, one is using the pendulum
{20:14] <}Star{> there are many wayts to talk to the subconscious
[20:14] <}Star{> you can use bio feedback, and dowsing is a form of bio feedback
[20:14] oh
[20:14] really?
[20:14] biofeedback such as brainwaves?
[20:15] <}Star{> another is what they teach in the silva mind control courses and is basic teaching relaxation of trance states and then how to use the states for programming
[20:15] <}Star{> yes
[20:15] score!
[20:15] <}Star{> ok lets move on
[20:15] <}Star{> A pendulum is a divination tool used primarily to obtain "yes" and "no" answers. Essentially, it is a means of communicating with the psychic aspect of your subconscious mind.  The way this works is that the subconscious mind controls the autonomic system for your body.  When you direct a question to the subconscious mind, it will then answer you with a pre-determined code with minute muscle movements.
[20:16] <}Star{> A pendulum can be any object suspended from a light chain, or piece of string 6 to 8 inches long. A locket or ring, a key, a fishing lead weight, a hand carved pointer, even ceiling fan chain pulls will provide sufficient weight for an ideal pendulum. It is important to use an object whose weight is compatible with that of the string (or chain) and vice versa.  The shorter the string or chain the faster it will react.
[20:16] <}Star{> When you have a heavy object suspended from a light string it doesn't work well because the free movement of the swing will be hindered by the weight of the object. On the other hand, the movement of an object that is too light will be hampered if you use a heavy piece of string. Getting the right balance is important and the best way is to experiment with a few different objects and types of string until you find a combination you a
[20:16] so light string and heavy fishng wight is off balance?
[20:17] k
[20:17] <}Star{> I use a thread and a key and it works wonders for me
[20:17] <}Star{> you dont want the weight so heavy that its not going to move
[20:17] <}Star{> and you dont want it too light because it needs some tension
[20:18] <}Star{> The hardest thing about dowsing is getting removed from the subject, being neutral at all times. You can't let the answer to the dowsing problem make any difference to you. Its hard to do that but being neutral, balanced and centered gives the best results.
[20:18] <}Star{> To begin, get a piece of plain paper and draw a large circle.  Then draw a long vertical line dissecting the middle of the circle. Next, draw a horizontal line about the same length, intersecting the center of the vertical line to form a cross.

February 24, 2004, 02:50:59 PM
Reply #4

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
[20:19] <}Star{> At the top and bottom of the vertical line write YES, and at each side of the horizontal line write NO. These "guides" are necessary in the early days of practice to "educate" your subconscious mind as to what the swing directions mean. Also notice that each line corresponds to how you would nod your head yes and shake your head no.  When you become adept at using this method, you can dowse without the use of this paper which is call
[20:19] <}Star{> In some Esoteric circles,  the left hand is used to hold the pendulum. Theory has it that the psychic/intuitive aspect of the mind operates through the right hemisphere of the brain, and because the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, the left arm is more susceptible to subconscious control.  I can't tell you which arm to use, personally using the left arm for me feels awkward and hampers results so I rarily u
[20:19] Can you not just test the waters to find out what your subc does for yes and no?
[20:19] wait
[20:19] <}Star{> yes you can
[20:20] <}Star{> Sit at a table or desk high enough to support your elbow and place your lower arm in an upright position. Hold the pendulum string between the thumb and index finger of your hand, and bend your hand at the wrist to allow the pendulum to hang over the center of the ideogram. Try to relax the hand that holds the pendulum yet keep a degree of tension on your upright arm.  
[20:21] <}Star{> Because using the pendulum requires a degree of relaxation and being neutral to use, one way to get yourself into alpha is to sit in a quiet place and count backwards from 100 to 0 . You might achieve a state deeper then alpha but another way to achieve alpha is just ask your pendulum to please place you in alpha and watch it for a short time. It should be turning in a clockwise motion and as soon as it quits you are ready to dowse.
[20:22] <}Star{> Once you feel sufficiently relaxed, you may pose whatever question you have in mind. Be very carefuland specific with the words you use. An ambiguous sentence such as, "Will it or won't it?" is likely to elicit a wrong answer because it is two questions rolled into one.  Not only that, you've left "it" wide open for the mind to fill in the blanks.  
[20:22] <}Star{> Let's assume you have your question clearly in mind and your pendulum is poised and ready to give the answer.  There are several methodologies to dowsing.  One is to purposefully train the pendulum by swinging it in the yes position saying out loud "this means YES" and to repeat that method swinging the pendulum the other directions saying outloud "this means NO" and finally swinging it in a clockwize and counter clockwize directions
[20:23] <}Star{> another way is to just ask the pendulum to give you a swing for you and a swing for no and a swing for maybe
[20:23] rigth hand or left hand? what do use
[20:23] or pendulum for that to
[20:24] im sorry, but i have a question
[20:24] <}Star{> usually if you are right handed I would say start with your right hand and experiment with the other hand as well at a later date
[20:24] <}Star{> please hold questions for just a bit
[20:24] k
[20:24] <}Star{> Another method of dowsing is to allow the pendulum to swing slightly backwards and forwards while you concentrate on what you wish to know. If the pendulum is already moving in the "YES" direction, and if the answer to the question is "YES", then the pendulum will begin to swing more forcefully in that direction. On the other hand, if the answer to your question is "NO", the pendulum will change course and swing along the line of the
[20:24] my left hand dont seem as steady
[20:24] neither of mine do =|
[20:24] so we go right!
[20:24] <}Star{> ok now you can ask questions
[20:25] dang
[20:25] are the questions limited to self
[20:25] i asked the penjulim if my name is jonathan tailor tomas
[20:25] it went diagonaly
[20:25] is that bad
[20:25] <}Star{> it may take some learning of the pendulum to start to get accuracy on things like that but I will touch on some of the uses kalee
[20:26] <}Star{> you may need to train your pendulum for a code cryo
[20:26] k
[20:26] <}Star{> unless you maybe jonathan taylor thomas
[20:26] no
[20:26] i know i am not
[20:26] <}Star{> then it should give you a no answer
[20:26] <}Star{> we will go thru calibration here in a bit
[20:27] <}Star{> if its not giving you accurate answers go thru the training session
[20:27] <}Star{> purposely swing it in the yes motion and make sure to say outloud several times that "this means yes" and purposely swing it the other way for no
[20:29] <}Star{> I begin each session by calibrating the pendulum to check its signals.  I will ask it test questions that are both true and false.  One such way is to ask if you are (your full name) or is 2 + 2 = 5  
[20:29] emily now thinks her bf is cheating n her cause of my yes swing
[20:29] <}Star{> There are times when the pendulum will swing either clockwise or counter clockwise. Some people who use the pendulum for divination take the clockwise direction to mean "yes" and the counter clockwise to mean "no". There is no rule of thumb on this; only practice and observation will tell you what the directional swings mean for you personally.
[20:30] <}Star{> If the movement of the pendulum is very weak or nonexistent, it can mean that your question was unclear or that it confused the subconscious mind in some way. It can also mean that your concentration on the question wasn't focused clearly enough. When this occurs, write down your carefully worded question, place it within visual range, and spend some time concentrating on it before operating the pendulum.
[20:30] <}Star{> You can program your pendulum to do many things for you.  I have provided several charts at my web page: (Link: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jcrause/pendulum.html)http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jcrause/pendulum.html
[20:30] <}Star{> The uses are as varied as you can think of.  You can test your chakras, measure things like how charged up you are before and after, dowse energy fields, different minerals like gas, oil, water etc.  
[20:31] <}Star{> I've used it along with a calander and the index finger of my left hand pointing to dates to dowse when things will happen and have used a scale of numbers to find out figures, one such test was to find the balance of my bank account before balancing my checkbook each month and have gotten accuracy to the pennies.  Another recent success was to dowse for the day my tax return would arrive.
[20:31] <}Star{> Ive known people to use it on horse races and other games
[20:31] and pregnancies
[20:32] <}Star{> The one thing you want to avoid is to ask things concerning the emotions of other people like does XXX love or hate me and so forth.  Also when asking for future events, it should be remembered that the future is not set in stone and things may or may not happen depending on the different choices you make.  
[20:32] <}Star{> any questions?
[20:32] comment
[20:32] yes
[20:32] go on
[20:32] <}Star{> go ahead kalee
[20:33] don't let tools like this rule your decision making on your own
[20:33] use it not abuse it or become dependednt on it
[20:33] ;}
[20:33] hmmm... do you personally have to be holding it, or can you "hang" it from something and ask it a question?
[20:33] <}Star{> to get a answer from your subconscious, you must hold it.  If you hang it, you are then using TK
[20:33] how is it using your energy if your not holding it?
[20:33] ok
[20:33] * cryohorizon raises hand
[20:34] <}Star{> go ahead cryo
[20:34] * LadyKalee hugs Vita
[20:34] why do you need a circle in the middle
[20:34] * Vitamyst hugs back =P
[20:34] of the i chart thing
[20:34] <}Star{> you do not have to have the circle there.  I personally label maybe on the circle because of the clock wize and counter clockwize swings
[20:34] oh
[20:35] thx
[20:35] <}Star{> its just a training tool, you could as easily do with just a +
[20:35] (i wasted a lot of time
[20:35] )
[20:35] cryo I can mod the room just fine ;}  Thalog no
[20:35] <}Star{> if there are not any more questions, this concludes class for tonight