Author Topic: tingling sensation when reading about angels or spirit guides  (Read 7531 times)

August 20, 2012, 02:59:44 AM
Read 7531 times

shaneo8712

• View Profile
Occasionally while researching the paranormal and I get to points with spirit guides or angels being there to aid us, I tend to get a tingling sensation.  When this happens I usually wonder "is this a sign of some sort?  maybe my own guide or guardian angel telling me to take note or tell me its true" and the wave of tingling continues a few times.  I mean sometimes upon doing something good or feeling happy about something, sometimes even just something sad and touching, I get those tingling feelings but they don't last as long.  Does anyone else seem to get this when paying attention to certain topics, or have any experience with something similar?

August 20, 2012, 03:10:55 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@shaneo8712: It's a sign that you might want to dive into that topic a little bit more. Seems that this branch could provide you with fast and good results.

August 22, 2012, 11:03:08 PM
Reply #2

shaneo8712

• View Profile
it might be a bit strange, at least as far as angels go, to get into.  i cant say i have ever been really religious or believe in biblical angels or a higher order.  its not that i don't believe they couldn't exist, more that if there are angels or gods i have seen or felt no real proof that they exist as good natured beings that spend their time aiding lower life forms such as us humans when we have clearly been so destructive to ourselves and the world around us.  perhaps they have their own society and dealings and do exist, but to think they would actually care or bother to guide us seems unusual when you see the kind of injustice and wrong in the world.  if they were intervening than i feel like the world wouldnt be quite as bad as it is, or perhaps it is because they intervene the world isnt worse.

in any case spirit guides could make sense to me if they were once human and have chosen to stay behind and try to guide the living, that is something i actually feel like i might do if i died and became a spirit aware of myself and the living world.  but angels in the traditional biblical sense don't quite make as much sense to me.  perhaps angel simply meaning a being on a higher state of consciousness that devotes itself to a helpful role would make a lot more sense to me.

has anyone had any experience with angels or spirit guides personally?

September 02, 2012, 01:02:16 AM
Reply #3

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Hi Shane8712,

There are a hierarchy of not only angels, but as you mentioned humans who have reached a state of conciousness that may or may not be incarnate who work together in the effort of raising humanities consciousness. This is very real, goes on all the time and we can come consciously in contact with them.

There is no need to be religious to come in contact.

The reason our world is in the state it is in is very complicated and boils down to natural or universal law of cause and effect. In eastern tradition, it much of the time called karma. This cause and effect, or karma effects individuals, is also genetic, and there is such a thing as societal and, race karma.. So there are many levels which must be worked out. On top of that is the age we are living in that effects our entire planet and all which dwells on it. So is a lot to consider...and can be overwhelming!

The spiritual hierarchy will not come and "fix" anything for us, we must do it our selves. They will not interfere with our free will. They wish us to be self reliant and learn to listen to our inner, higher self or soul,  so wont tell us what to do unless it an exceptional circumstance. These are lines they will not cross.. But if we ask for assistance, they will do all they can within thier power to guide us in what is best for us to learn by as an individual. Sometimes we won't understand for instance, a situation which may be very painful to go through in life, but in hindsigh if it's learned from, understand the lessons and are open to change, can move on to more advanced work. This is how humankind learns for the most part since if all were peace and love, and we were always warm and fuzzy, there would be  little motivation for self improvement, and improvement of humanity in general.  

Anyway, it's very cool you are expericneing what you feel may be connection with a spiritual being. There are many who are just waiting to help if our intent is sincere, and as said,you may want to focus attention there and explore this more.

September 06, 2012, 01:01:39 PM
Reply #4

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Yes.

Do you ever get any other "feelings" of which you're not sure about the meaning? Maybe in social context or something else?

Some people interpret what you mentioned as God. Well, I know of one other one.

October 01, 2012, 09:50:43 AM
Reply #5

taaraka

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Sorry I haven't checked this thread for so long, and forgot to make sure notifications for a new post was activated.

Yes, there are lots sensations felt and have no idea what's occurring, but most of these felt benevolent, and some were energy transfers.  One which happens now and then, and mostly when I have come in contact with  practitioners who have made an art of taking energy from others since they cannot connect directly with the source, is my solar plexus will ache or hurt. Twice this has happened when the connection felt could only be described as violent. In these cases a bit of time disconnect and basically seal this area again. It also left me exhausted. Another occasion is i felt as if the breath was being sucked out of me and could not breath momentarily.

Both of these  happened in a place i considered to be be safe, and should be since it is a sacred place, but obviously some people in charge were not about the higher good and created or brought in an entity or high functioning servitor of sorts which takes advantage of the situation. I was was not experienced enough at the time yet to recognize the situation before hand. It seems these can be part of the "training" so to speak, so it will be recognized and am able to deal with, or just decide not to expose myself to it the next time. I am not the only one to experience this in this particular place, so was able to confirm it with others. Now, unfortunately, I  prepare myself before entering so this won't happen again. It was not only very uncomfortable physically , but a very unsettling discovery.

What's the "other one?"

July 22, 2015, 05:32:39 AM
Reply #6

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Sorry, I haven't checked on this thread for even longer than you did. And for some reason I am now burdened with negative karma. :/

Regardless, the "other one" was me.

:)

August 04, 2015, 10:17:25 AM
Reply #7

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Generally speaking, if you are experiencing that type of a reaction, then as mentioned, you need to start looking into it, and soon.

Angels exist, but the degree in which they exist depends upon your belief system. Every culture, and every religious practice, has "angels", though they may not always be called that. Angels are simply spiritual beings who exist on a higher plane of energy than we do. Depending on your preferred practices, you could start with enochian magick, or you could focus on the more "psi" related aspects. For myself, as a Reiki practitioner, I often deal with angelic forces. As beings of white light, they are very useful in healing both physically and spiritually. As a ghost hunter, I also use their energies when cleansing a home.

If you practice Magick in any form, my recommendation is to pick up a spirit board (not a ouija board), and bless and protect the board. When using, specify that you wish to make contact with angels, and ask that any who are willing to speak to you come forward. You can ask them any questions you see fit. If you decide to do so, post your questions and the results here, as I would be curious to know which angel contacts you. I usually talk with Gabriel or Michael. I have spoken to Raphael and Tsadkiel as well, though only because I called upon them specifically.

Enochian magick is also a great starting point for those wishing to use Angelic forces in magick practice. There are many types, depending on which material you use, but my preferred is Enochian sigil magick. It works, in theory, very similar to Goetia practices. You learn the sigil for an angel, and what that angels strengths are. You create a talisman with that sigil, and use it directly in practices, or simply keep it on your person to see how it changes your day-to-day life. There are other practices in Enochian magick as well, including evocation and invocation, although I know far less about that.

If you wish to practice from the perspective of psi, you could easily start with a meditation focused on making contact with your guardian angel. As with spirit guides, we all have particular angels who watch over us in our physical lives. Mine is Michael. Then, you could go so far as to attempt to contact them during an OBE/astral journey. Understand, however, that angels are…picky. They have their own agenda, and often times they will leave a conversation halfway through just to go do whatever it is they want or need to do. Be prepared to have a lot of conversations ended before you are ready to end them.