Author Topic: Looking for info on lucid dreaming  (Read 1991 times)

August 04, 2012, 09:51:16 PM
Read 1991 times

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
Hello all, i am looking for more infomation about lucid dreaming, whether it be personal experiences or techniques involving inducing them, thank you.  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 05, 2012, 10:07:44 AM
Reply #1

Furtive

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Η γνώση είναι δύναμη.
    • View Profile
I learned how to lucid dream the hard way, and somewhat accidentally. When I was a teenager I started writing down my dreams as I had noticed a correlation between them and things that would happen in the future. I was also having a lot of nightmares and night terrors I wanted to document for later analysis. I suspect that what happened was, because I put so much focus on remembering my dreams, I started remembering them in greater and greater detail. I also started becoming more and more aware during the dreams themselves, and then eventually I became aware that I was dreaming, which eventually led to lucidity. Now (about 10 years later) I'm lucid in dreams between 80-85% of the time.

All it really boiled down to was awareness. Never did any "lucidity meditation" nor any spells for it. Eventually I did learn how to trance and that helped too, but the process in which I learned to trance was just as long and arduous.

I know that a couple of friends take melatonin as a sleep aid when they want to dream lucidly. It has the side effect of producing some really vivid, really interesting dreams. You may want to consider trying that if you're looking for a "short cut". That's not a guarantee, however. For me, melatonin accounts for most of the 15-20% that I don't dream lucidly, and I also have friends who've tried it and not dreamt at all.

I also have tried herbal substances such as dream teas, and on this you'll have to do your own research as I don't know your body's set up. I'm personally fond of teas that help me wind down into a deeper meditative state prior to sleeping (though I do this mostly for the dreams themselves--I have noticed a correlation between in such a state and the types of dreams I have). However, like the melatonin some of my friends have tried it and not noticed any effects. 

So if you want to get into substances you have to experiment, and for sure do your research. But seriously, shortcuts = foundations of sand. I'd avoid any substances until you know you can achieve the state yourself.

August 05, 2012, 12:36:25 PM
Reply #2

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
as I don't know your body's set up.
My body is set up in the usual "human" configuration. :)

So if you want to get into substances you have to experiment, and for sure do your research. But seriously, shortcuts = foundations of sand. I'd avoid any substances until you know you can achieve the state yourself.
Doing it naturally is generally what i am looking to achieve.

Edit; i have achieved lucid states before with relaxation techniques similar to astral projection. But i am a bit leery at the moment about performing astral projection just yet. I really appreciate your experience you shared.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:58:09 PM by supadude »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

August 05, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
Reply #3

Furtive

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Η γνώση είναι δύναμη.
    • View Profile
as I don't know your body's set up.
My body is set up in the usual "human" configuration. :)

Lol, that's not what I meant. Different people can have different sensitivities; what effects someone one way may not necessarily be the same way it effects another. Part of it's chemical, part of it's also on the energetic level.  Herbalism seems to be one of those areas where the way an herb reacts with the body/energy can deviate dramatically from what the textbook says. That's why I generally don't hand out advice on herbs, and especially not when magic or other spiritual activities are involved. Just because passionflower and wormwood might work well with one person's energy, doesn't mean it will for someone else.

In this regard I'm slightly influenced by traditional Chinese medicine, I guess. *shrug*