Author Topic: Microcosmic Orbit experiences  (Read 3002 times)

July 06, 2012, 12:15:42 PM
Read 3002 times

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Post your experiences with Week 5's exercise, the Microcosmic Orbit, in this thread.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

July 07, 2012, 10:21:02 PM
Reply #1

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I practiced Void meditation to the point where I could feel my energy and to the point I was seeing the neural discharges in my inner eyelids. That took about five minutes. I started with the Microcosmic orbit soon after. I learned up against by bed for back support so I would know if I was slouching or not. I then started to do the exercise. During the second or third try I felt a lot of energy in my shoulders and the shoulders is where I don't normally feel energy often. After each run I could feel more and more saliva being collected into my mouth. When I swallowed the nectar I felt a sense of health and wholeness. The only thing I didn't like about the exercise is I felt a lot of strain on my eyes during the exercise.

July 08, 2012, 10:56:57 PM
Reply #2

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
It's good to hear your experiences with the exercise.

You can actually leave out the eye-crossing part and just do the exercise with your eyes closed. For me, as the Qi reaches the top of the head my eyes roll back in my head slightly.
My Articles

July 09, 2012, 01:55:34 PM
Reply #3

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Ok. I'll do it with my eye closed then. Yeah I noticed that too.

July 09, 2012, 02:20:34 PM
Reply #4

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Justin, if you want you can also try what is called "Five Gates Breathing" before doing the microcosmic orbit.

It is harder but it will help you progress faster. ;)

Breath in and guide Qi from the laogong point on the hands, inside the arms (yinyumei meridian) to the Dantien. At the same time breath Qi in the yongquan point on the feet, up the yinqiaomei meridian on the inside of the leg, to the lower Dantien. Additionally, breath Qi in from the huiyin point on the top of the head down the renmei (Conception) meridian on the front of the body to the the lower Dantien. So, as you inhale, breath Qi in from the top of the head, the hands, the feet, all along the Yin meridians to the lower Dantien. When you exhale, breath up the dumei (Governor meridian in the spine) and guide the Qi to the top of the head.

If you try it, let me know how it goes. I found this method in the book "Qigong: The Secret of Youth" by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming in the section about Yi Jin Jing (Muscle/Tendon Change Classic). It's a preparatory exercise for the macrocosmic orbit.
My Articles

July 10, 2012, 08:52:45 PM
Reply #5

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Alright. I started with the exercise the same way I start with the void meditation or microcosmic orbit: with my legs crossed and my back straight. For a couple of minutes, I focused on feeling energy in these meridians to help me with the exercise. I brough energy from the three meridians into my dantien on inhale and on exhale brought the energy to the top of my head. I felt a lot of energy from where the ears start around my head. Thanks for the exercise!  :)

July 13, 2012, 10:48:13 AM
Reply #6

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I'm glad Five Gates Breathing worked out for you Justin.

Now, for my experience with the Microcosmic Orbit.

I began with deep breathing for about five minutes. I became aware of my Qi, and had a strong feeling of Qi in the spine, head, back and Dantien. I began to do Dantien meditation for about 5 more minutes, I used the mantra "hamsa" as I breathed.

When I felt ready, I made sure I was sitting up straight. I closed the eyes and crossed them slightly. I did mula bandha, and I touched the tongue to the roof of the mouth. I inhaled deeply and slowly through the nose while focusing on the huiyin point on the top of the head. I felt Qi well up in my lower back at the beginning of the breath, by the middle of the breath it was between my shoulders, and by the end of the breath when I couldn't inhale anymore it was at the top of the head. The Qi felt like a strong, magnetic, polarized force in the back. I began to exhale, and focused on the lower Dantien. As I began to exhale my face felt numb and tingly, then I felt it in my throat, my stomach got a little hot, and then when I finished the exhalation I felt a strong magnetic pulling around the area of the lower Dantien. As I continued, I felt all of the above sensations, yet they felt much more intense. With each subsequent rising and falling of the Qi, I felt as if the meridians involved were bigger and bigger, like an ocean. I actually heard "waves crashing on a beach", and had visions of a golden-white orb of energy with my eyes closed. It seemed like with each subsequent repetition, more and more Qi was circulating each time. I did about 15 reps over 15 minutes or so, and by the end I felt incredibly energized and relaxed. I swallowed the 'Jade Nectar', the saliva that collected, and felt it go into my stomach, then expand rapidly through the rest of the body as Qi, this caused a blurring of body awareness, so it felt like the Qi was expanding outside the body about 2 feet in each direction as well. I was finished, so I opened my eyes, everything was somewhat hazy because I still had neural discharges. I stood up slowly, then I went and made a cup of tea.
My Articles