Author Topic: technical?  (Read 1985 times)

June 25, 2012, 02:56:57 PM
Read 1985 times

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
I had been trying to get onto a site all day (cheap flights if you must know) but couldn’t. SO! I thought I’d try using chrome instead of IE – still no joy but instead of going back into IE I stayed on chrome and entered this site. Login boxes came up and the topic circlely thingies with the yin and yan where unlit (I have not loged in under chrome). And it said welcome guest!

BUT! and here’s a big BUT!

Users Online Says…………10 users including…….yes your ahead of me…..Searcher?

Are we now being logged by IP Address? But then why was it asking for me to log in?

And while about it: why don’t I get email notification anymore? Well some times I do!

Guess what; I went back out and came back in, again under chrome and I was still there? I then refreshed and I disappeared: how/why?
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

June 25, 2012, 08:37:11 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The site doesn't know if you spontaneously close your browser window.  It removes you from the logged in users if you log out, or if you time out with no activity for 30 minutes.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

June 26, 2012, 06:23:41 PM
Reply #2

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It's the secret conspiracy. *silently walks in behind Searcher and garrotes him*

>_>
<_<

~Man in ... *looks down* well, green and white and Black.
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?