Author Topic: Official Ninjutsu Thread  (Read 85330 times)

December 16, 2004, 07:44:29 AM
Reply #90

DownRodeo

• Veritas Furniture

• DD-APPR0VED! A-OKAYH!!

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
    • BudoTaijutsu.co.uk-Koshin Dojo Malmesbury
Yeah, seems to be the way it goes nowdays in some clubs. However when you get your ass sakki'd by Hastumi, THAT is what seperates the boys from the 'super-leet-asskicking-Ninja's!' :D So, every club has it's own gradings up to 4th dan, which can be of ANY quality they wish, but then only hatsumi can grade you to 5th, well, at least that's how it should be.
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part, you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies on the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers... and you've got to make it stop!"
Mario Savio

January 05, 2005, 01:49:07 PM
Reply #91

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Quote from: GhostWolf

I agree with Tsu – martial training is definitely a personal thing – we each approach it differently – not to say one or the other is better or worse – its personal – my way is best for me and yours for you!

That's what a lot of Ninpo students say.  A lot of Ninpo students also say "Hatsumi says this" and "Hatsumi says that".  However, nobody really quotes the stuff that contradicts their own feelings.  Damn Ninpo politics.  :lol:

My experience with Ninpo involves a couple of guys who were in the Bujinkan and a DVD of Kihon stuff from SKH.  Not the best source in the world, and I admit that.  In fact, "Hatsumi says that" nothing beats training in a dojo under a master.  However, "Hatsumi says that" he wants you to learn the tricks of the trade in solitary training.  :confused:

So, which is it?  Dojo or solitary training through some long-distance program?  Its a personal thing.  Just be sure to keep it personal if you're the type who chooses to learn the tricks of the trade through solitary training.  You may end up being labelled a "moron" if you're not a Ninja about it.  ;)
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

January 05, 2005, 03:02:22 PM
Reply #92

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Kendamu,
What do you mean that noone quotes what contradicts their feelings?

I dunno, maybe I haven’t read enough (since I am unable to travel to the source in japan)…but I haven’t come across any first hand quotes from hatsumi that I disagree with – some I don’t 100% understand but nothing that I straight out dismiss or ignore

One of my own teachers has been very upfront when I ask him about any of the occult aspects of ninpo/bujinkan – he says there are none – now I know for a fact that his terminology and experience are different to mine – and I have heard him let slip some little gems of wisdom that many would class as occult or hidden aspects…but he is very active in the “train and it will happen” theory – seems to work for him
Me personally – I like to play with occult things – but that’s my history and experience. Maybe I read more into some of the things I see than others – maybe I am completely off the track!

It’s a personal opinion that my training is personal to me – the way I teach is moulded and shaped by my past – my training in other arts such as karate, aikido, hapkido and various kung fu styles I have checked out

I think that if you just go to a dojo to train, and don’t train outside of it then you are limiting yourself – I train most days – and not just physically – I go thru moves and ideas and theories in my head constantly

As to politics – I try to avoid it as the clash of egos rarely results in anything constructive
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

January 05, 2005, 03:53:55 PM
Reply #93

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Kendamu,
What do you mean that noone quotes what contradicts their feelings?

Well, some things that Hatsumi writes in his books seem like quite the paradox.  Usually when someone with a political adgenda in Ninpo wants to prove a point, he or she only quotes the parts of what Hatsumi says that srtictly agree with what they say and not the other half that makes what they quoted a paradox of sorts.

Its kind of like cheating, really.

I dunno, maybe I haven’t read enough (since I am unable to travel to the source in japan)…but I haven’t come across any first hand quotes from hatsumi that I disagree with – some I don’t 100% understand but nothing that I straight out dismiss or ignore

I never accused you or anyone here of doing such a thing.  What I'm trying to say is that I see it quite often amongst people.

One of my own teachers has been very upfront when I ask him about any of the occult aspects of ninpo/bujinkan – he says there are none – now I know for a fact that his terminology and experience are different to mine – and I have heard him let slip some little gems of wisdom that many would class as occult or hidden aspects…but he is very active in the “train and it will happen” theory – seems to work for him

That's the way I feel as well.  Train and it'll happen.

Me personally – I like to play with occult things – but that’s my history and experience. Maybe I read more into some of the things I see than others – maybe I am completely off the track!

Naw.  Taijutsu is different for everyone.  I think that's why some of what Hatsumi writes is like a paradox.  It seems that the politics stems from people preaching that Taijutsu is different for everyone but not really living by it.  That's just my perspective, though.

It’s a personal opinion that my training is personal to me – the way I teach is moulded and shaped by my past – my training in other arts such as karate, aikido, hapkido and various kung fu styles I have checked out

I think that if you just go to a dojo to train, and don’t train outside of it then you are limiting yourself – I train most days – and not just physically – I go thru moves and ideas and theories in my head constantly

As to politics – I try to avoid it as the clash of egos rarely results in anything constructive

I agree.

January 05, 2005, 05:17:08 PM
Reply #94

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
ken,
i took no offence at what you wrote at all

i would really be interested in what things you consider hatsumi wrote that are paradoxical - purely from a discussion point of view - not to pick at you about...

i think that much of what is said/written does not translate to english very well and i also think that some (much) of it is purposely obtuse or made to push the barriers of thought/perception

many people say that if your taijutsu is bad then it will be exagerated when you use weapons (both the good and bad bits of your taijutsu) i agree with this but i also think that using weapons (and thus showing your imperfections) can help to  improve your taijutsu
thats why i teach weapns to beginners as well

in fact im going to teach some naginata tech today - being so much longer than your average bo staff it will really show up ones taijutsu

heck its all gotta be personal...i have a student who is a foot taller than me - i am a shorty, and i have a student who is a few stone bigger than me....we all move different ways to make the taijutsu work - and its all correct
ive also noticed that people's emotional/mental state and esteem effectthe way they move and perform taijutsu....
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

January 05, 2005, 09:00:13 PM
Reply #95

Abyss

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I reccomend that whoever is into ninjutsu start a local ninja clan, one where you dress up in full ninja attire and just run around the streets at night testing your ninja stealth and climbing an crap. I would love to see a bunch of ninjas running around my neighbourhood, i would feel much more safe. Also, try to carry around a weapon at all times, like a katana, that way it gives you insentive NOT to get booked by the cops. hah, think of it like a DONT GET GOT game. hell i think i might start one of those...
-Ninja for real

January 05, 2005, 09:07:16 PM
Reply #96

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
If you are sane individuals of society, do not follow Abyss's suggestion.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

January 06, 2005, 06:49:45 AM
Reply #97

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
Little kids running around in pajamas with their parents oversized butcher knives (or even real katanas for those who can afford them) is not ninjutsu :)

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

January 06, 2005, 07:31:24 AM
Reply #98

Xiphere

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
So, is there a specific art of the Shinobi or is it just Ninjutsu?

-X-
Call me X if you will...long storie behind that nikname.

January 06, 2005, 09:08:10 AM
Reply #99

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinobi
Shinobi can refer to...

* a Ninja
    * the video game by SEGA
Shinobi is a name given to ninja, like president is given to the ruler of certain countries or like martial artist is given to people who practice martial arts. Shinobi is not an art, it is (or at least, used to be) a title given to a person who practices ninjutsu. (and yes, wikipedia has a page for "ninja" as well)

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

January 06, 2005, 12:31:13 PM
Reply #100

Abyss

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i AM NOT A LITTLE KID!!!!
i own a few real katanas as well
it was a joke
-Ninja for real

January 06, 2005, 05:00:49 PM
Reply #101

Xiphere

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Ok, now that i know exactally what a Shinobi is. can i git some links to good Ninja Traing sites? lol

-X-
Call me X if you will...long storie behind that nikname.

January 07, 2005, 12:57:05 AM
Reply #102

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
ken,
i took no offence at what you wrote at all

i would really be interested in what things you consider hatsumi wrote that are paradoxical - purely from a discussion point of view - not to pick at you about...

i think that much of what is said/written does not translate to english very well and i also think that some (much) of it is purposely obtuse or made to push the barriers of thought/perception

many people say that if your taijutsu is bad then it will be exagerated when you use weapons (both the good and bad bits of your taijutsu) i agree with this but i also think that using weapons (and thus showing your imperfections) can help to  improve your taijutsu
thats why i teach weapns to beginners as well

in fact im going to teach some naginata tech today - being so much longer than your average bo staff it will really show up ones taijutsu

heck its all gotta be personal...i have a student who is a foot taller than me - i am a shorty, and i have a student who is a few stone bigger than me....we all move different ways to make the taijutsu work - and its all correct
ive also noticed that people's emotional/mental state and esteem effectthe way they move and perform taijutsu....

The only thing I've noticed to be a real paradox so far that stick out in my mind long after reading something of Hatsumi Sensei's is his whole opinion of dojo training versus solo training.

May 01, 2005, 09:55:35 AM
Reply #103

pyropit

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
i dunno if anyone has said this before, but i only skimmed through some of the posts here.

does anyone know where i could find a reliable school that teaches ninjutsu in maryland? i've been meaning to find a school for a while but all of the few i found dont sound like they know what their talking about
you think your alive motherf*cker? your just the walking f*cking dead. your f*cking sheep, stepping on MY back to stay alive. west coast, east coast, your all a bunch of f*cking fools. you and the rest of this greedy f*cking world. KILL yourself, stay in school, say no to drugs and oh yea... hail satan. goodnight boys and girls. pleasent dreams.

May 01, 2005, 09:46:03 PM
Reply #104

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
Try looking at the "Yellow Pages" or "Dojo Directory" sections of http://www.ninjutsu.com, http://www.winjutsu.com, and http://www.skhquest.com.  If that doesn't work, GOOGLE it.