Author Topic: Official Ninjutsu Thread  (Read 79662 times)

May 06, 2004, 07:26:07 AM
Reply #15

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
crapy towns have crapy things...move

I wish I could...
When you describe a senseless act of destruction, such as building a catapult to launch a minivan through someone's livingroom window, to a group containing both males and females, you get these reactions:

Males:  Cool!
Females:  Why???

Thus, we see the fundamental difference between the sexe

May 06, 2004, 08:36:58 PM
Reply #16

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11835

Don't be fooled by the first post being edited to nothingness, the topic is kind of informing on the other side of the Taijutsu table.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

May 13, 2004, 10:30:33 PM
Reply #17

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
ok i have to agree you cant learn ninjutsu...or any other art wihtout a teacher...face to face....just to many little nuances and details

but you can learn the basics

take ninjutsu for one

you can get a basic idea of the 5 elements kata gyokko...its on heaps of sites around just have a look

you can also look into the basic eight the kihon happo...

these will give you a taste of ninjutsu but thats all

if your ina small town find someone who has doen martail arts...don tlook for a dojo...individuals are usually better...unless its a "really" small" town...even then some of us liek to hide out away from civilisation

now as to age...the reaosn they dont teach the brutal stuff liek ninjutsu and taijutsu to people under 16 is based on the fact that many of them have not yet had much experience in life...and cannot always grasp the concepts of a philosophical nature that go with the art

recently i was asked to take a young student on...now i have the time to teach her privately but wont have her in class...as there are no other young people in the class...and thus any training partner with her would not feel comfortable training with a younger (seemingly more fragile) individual...thus limiting the experience of others in the class

also many kids are just learning to live in their bodies...and i wouldnt feel comfortable teaching even a 16 year old to use potentially fatal techniques...im a youth worker...ive seen the effects of hormones on the level of self discipline and self restraint...

i am partially responsible for the actions of my students
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

May 13, 2004, 11:06:14 PM
Reply #18

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I'm a 13 year old training with adults and everything seems fine. Besides one or two other people who only come occasionally, the rest are over 21 from what I can tell. The only issues I really see is size, and that's only in SOME techniques.

And you do realise it's difficult to properly grasp the Sanshen No Kata from learning on an internet site. The angles and dynamics, particularly the final shuto in Sui, are rather subtle. It'd be difficult to learn from a website, and almost impossible without a partner. In one of our classes, Sensei had each person demonstrate the Sanshen No Kata without someone actually coming in with a punch. You could clearly see the problems to do with targeting, angling etc with most people when doing it without a partner.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

May 14, 2004, 07:20:30 AM
Reply #19

Ekitai Hebi

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathoftheancient.net
I study Tang Soo Do... :)

lol, I have been to 4 or 5 Ninjitsu seminars, including a Night Tactics seminar... all Very fun, and physically demanding. I was amazed at how many techniques and strikes are VERY SIMPLE, yet unthought of...

this was useless, just trying to get more active.

May 14, 2004, 09:23:19 AM
Reply #20

Final Life

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It depends.

Learning from tapes or books can be very dangerous I think.
Because just like any book, there are so many ways to interpret things.
gruesome things happened because of it (Bible Koran)

You could fuck your body up just because you didn't read between the lines.

But if you study martial arts there is alot to learn just by looking at some good Bruce Lee movies, even the commercial ones the way he moves and reacts teaches me alot about what is important in a fight.

just remember it will never make you one of the greatest ( there are people who think that), but they can certainly help.

The lesson is: You have to learn from a teacher to avoid those small but essential mistakes that may cost you your live. Yet the only way to become truly great is to try all the possibilities on you own.
- Betsheda
Without chalenge there is nothing, and in nothingness is only gloom.

In such a state the difference between absolute power and absolute powerlessnes is undetectable.

May 14, 2004, 12:40:19 PM
Reply #21

Dark Omega Overlord

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
But who is goingto train then??? no body wants to train anyone.  I should speak for myself.
Limits? I have none......                                        

Training makes everything posible....

Lee Jay

May 14, 2004, 02:13:06 PM
Reply #22

Final Life

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
If you really want to you will find someone.

I do Dao Shin Dao kungfu.

My Teacher is also a ninjutsu teacher.

The Ninjutsu he learns from his teachers is also incorporated in the techniques he teaches me. When I'm older and I wish to do so I could join him as a Ninjutsu student. Maybe I'm lucky maybe I will fuck it up and you would have been a better candidate.

I think if you really want it you will find someone.
If you think you can't you most likely won't.

In such a state the difference between absolute power and absolute powerlessnes is undetectable.

May 15, 2004, 03:08:31 AM
Reply #23

$$BLING$$BLING$$

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
You know I heard that ninjitsu 9is actually not around anymore because the last master of it died like in 1969. This guy could eat poison and do all this other shit but yeah he was like the last one. I mean there could be people who know the art but there are secrects that only the masters of the art know and i think that its not around any more.

May 15, 2004, 10:36:26 AM
Reply #24

Final Life

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Not true theres one left maybe more but one that I know of.

My teacher met him no not bragging just a fact. It was years before I started training. Only saw a vague picture of him on some confention, anyway I will ask for his name cause I forgot. Not that it would do you any good. He won't train you  :p  but still

May 15, 2004, 04:48:33 PM
Reply #25

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Takamatsu died a while back. Hatsumi is still alive, and is the current grandmaster of Ninjutsu.

Note: Kalee is crazy.
Note: Kalee is abusing her powers.

May 20, 2004, 10:48:58 PM
Reply #26

GhostWolf

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
hey folks

im looking to discuss with anyone who has had experience with kuji kiri or kuji in or mikkyo within a ninjutsu context

also wondering if anyone has read glenn morris book and thoughts upon them...

or dealt with tengu or other such beings

thanks
GhostWolf

"Where Angels and Dragons fear to tread"
Warriors choose peace, others are condemned to it...

May 21, 2004, 02:02:58 AM
Reply #27

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Isn't it contradictory to refer to Glenn Morris in a (apparently) positive way while still believing in Kuji In? Glenn Morris himself says Kuji In and Kuji Kiri are both bullshit.

Either way, I have knowledge in Kuji In.

On the other hand, it won't allow you to control your spontaneous teleportation skills. *snicker*

May 23, 2004, 02:47:58 AM
Reply #28

$$BLING$$BLING$$

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Oh yeah i got this e-book for ninjitsu its like 80 pages and its not fake. I'm not joking but i got it from Kazaa. If you want it just search for ninja or something but get this one called "the ninja hand book" which is one about "doungens and dragons" i hate that shit any way if none of you guys can find it just tell me the e-mail for the dude incharge of veritas and ill try to send it to him.

May 23, 2004, 04:10:24 AM
Reply #29

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
What...the...?

Can you PLEASE put that in English? I seriously can't understand half of what you're trying to say.