Author Topic: Baduanjin experiences  (Read 1330 times)

June 15, 2012, 01:59:52 PM
Read 1330 times

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Here we are in Week 3 of the group.

You guys have some catching up to do, but when you're caught up and practice this week's exercise, post your experiences here.

You don't have to post experiences with every different posture (there's 8 ); instead, you can only post for the postures that caused you to experience something strongly, or the ones you liked most, and you can post comments or experiences with the whole Qigong set overall as well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:09:40 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 21, 2012, 11:18:52 AM
Reply #1

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll post my experiences with Baduanjin.

I began with 15 mins of seated Dantien meditation to relax and get myself in the proper state of mind.

I started off by bending the knees and standing in Wuji stance and breathing for a minute or two. I felt very relaxed and tranquil, and felt heat and tingling in my legs and spine.

I raised my hands to the "Holding the Balloon" position, with the hands at the level of the lower Dantien. I breathed in this position for about a minute, and felt a very strong magnetic and tingling sensation on the inside of the arms and palms of the hands.

After this, I stood up straight and locked the knees to give my legs a little bit to rest, while keeping my hands in the holding the balloon position. I rested my legs for about another minute.

I then began the routine. I went through Supporting the Sky with Both Hands (felt upward rising energy) and Splitting Heaven and Earth (felt nothing), doing 5 reps each side. I did Drawing a Bow (aka Shaolin Archer) and noticed "ghosting", or my aura, when focusing on the tip of the finger, extending out around the hand about an inch. It looked like a faint haze with flashes of blue and green around the outside. I also felt heat, and felt Qi moving up the body and down the arm to the fingertip as I pressed it outwards.

Monk Gazes at the Moon and Lowering the Head and Hips, I didn't notice any sensations in particular, though they were very calm and relaxing. Touching the Feet with Both Hands, I felt a very distinct sensation of Qi rising up the legs and spine to the top of the head as I was going upright and raising my arms at my sides, parallel to the ground. Moving them out in front of me, I felt the Qi move to the palms of the hands. I really like this form best out of all the Baduanjin exercises. Clenching the Fists, I didn't really feel anything except for a generic feeling of heat on each exhale and extension of my fist. Shaking The Body, I didn't feel anything at all.

That concludes my experiences.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 23, 2012, 10:23:27 AM
Reply #2

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I started with a short breathing meditation just to get my mind in the right place. I then began the Wuji stance and deep breathing for a couple minutes. I felt very calemd in relax. I felt strong amounts of energy in my hands along with tingling along my arms and palms.

In the Wuji Stance I raised my hands to the Holding the Ballon position. I stayed in this posture for about 3 minutes or so. I felt energy in the inside of the arms and palms of the hands as though it was as though my hands were a punch bowl holding the energy.

I began with the exercises a few minutes later. When I began a. Supporting the sky with both hands I felt energy along my hands and arms. Nothing special. Didn't feel nothing at all when I did exercise b. Just pain in the back of my knees. I began c soon after. I really liked this pose. I didn't feel much energy it was just very relaxing.

Exercise d was nothing special. Just felt the muscles in my legs being stretched. With exercise e and f nothing special. Just relaxing.

Exercise g was nothing special. Just brought me back to the days when I did karate before I fractured by spine .__.

Exercise h was nothing special. Just relaxing.