Author Topic: Void (wuwei) and Dantien meditation experiences  (Read 1497 times)

June 08, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
Read 1497 times

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Post your experiences with Void and Dantien meditation in this thread.

If you are going to post, please try and include a short paragraph on both (don't post about just one or the other if you only had time to do one of them; I don't want the thread cluttered).

Regards.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 08, 2012, 04:25:14 PM
Reply #1

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
I'm relatively sick today, and was also fairly sick yesterday.

I'm pretty sure I'll be back in tip-top shape tomorrow, I get over sickness fast.

Can't wait to start practicing again.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

June 12, 2012, 01:13:36 PM
Reply #2

Koujiryuu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I'll briefly outline my experiences with these exercises.

I started by sitting down, I burned some sage, and some white sage next to me and said a short prayer (I'm part Mohawk indian and lived on a reservation so I know a few traditional prayers). "We thank Him, in Heaven, He Lives, the Creator"

I began to deep breath, using the mantra "Ham Sa" to focus my mind.

I kept having thoughts, but as soon as they would occur, I would refocus on the mantra. It's odd, sometimes your thoughts are layered and you think more than one thing at once, but you don't realize it if you aren't paying attention. Even though I was saying the mantra internally I was still having other thoughts while I did.

So, I continued with my deep breathing, and soon enough less and less thoughts began occurring. Slowly as I did this, I began to feel my Qi like usual. First, I felt a strong tingling sensation starting in my lower back and Dantien. This feeling grew until I felt it very strongly in my head, spinal cord, and the tops of my arms. Eventually it was a light, crisp and clear feeling of vibration throughout my whole body but strongest in the tailbone and head. I continued to deep breath and eventually was in a state where my body felt like was sticking out around me 2 feet in each direction (loss of body awareness).

After some time, I shifted my focus to the lower Dantien. I focused my attention there like I would in Zen meditation, and just continued to breath with no thoughts. With each inhalation, the feeling of energy there strengthened. With each exhalation, I felt tension leaving my body. I focused this way for about 10 minutes, and at the end of the 10 minutes I felt very energized, almost jumpy, and very relaxed. I also had a buzzing feeling around the stomach, and the rest of the body to a lesser extent.

That's about it.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

June 14, 2012, 09:49:22 PM
Reply #3

JustinReeves

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I did the Void Meditation in the past when I used to stalk your articles so it wasn't new to me when I practiced it. I sat in front my bed during the exercise and I tried not to lean back on the bed. During most meditations I turn on my fan( I usually point it towards the air to cool the place). I turn on my fan to block out noises and I sleep with a fan so to me fan = relaxation. I sat cross legged and started to relax. When I envision tension, I envision it as negative energy that seeps out of meridians down my body into the earth to be purified(Just a little thing I do). After about 15 minutes or so I felt heat all over my body. I felt a few vibrations in my hands during the first couple minutes of the meditation along with energy flowing in my hands(as usual). I stayed in this position for about 30 minutes.

After about 5 minutes after I completed the Void Meditation I started to do the Dantien meditation. I started with doing the Void Meditation for a couple of minutes then focused my attention into my lower dantien. When I first started the meditation I sorta felt as though I lost my feeling of the physical body and my physical body was closing into my lower dantien. It was weird. I didn't feel much energy. I was just relaxed.

June 17, 2012, 06:57:50 PM
Reply #4

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
I wasn't able to get computer access all this week, but I'll share one of my experiences.

During a dantien meditation session (probably around noon on wednesday or thursday), I had a really powerful feeling of warmth and firmness all over my body. My stomach felt really glowy (like the feeling from a strong alcoholic beverage, but less transient and much hotter) and I felt a sideways circulating movement around my waist.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.