Author Topic: I'm writing a book.  (Read 1158 times)

March 24, 2012, 09:53:17 PM
Read 1158 times

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
I'm writing a book on psionics and magic. The purpose of this is to copy the vast store of information on psi off the net and publish it in book format.

Here is an excerpt (actually, it's all I've got so far)

Book of Psi
An anthology of psionic and magical articles collected by beginning psion Constructman.
Introduction
  Throughout the last thirty years, humanity has been undergoing a change. This change is not technological or philosophical, although there have been significant changes in these fields as well. The change I am talking about here is the rediscovery of energy working. Old systems of energy working such as qigong and magic are being rediscovered and new approaches such as psionics are being carved out. Much of the information on energy manipulation can be found on the internet just a click away. However, many of the largest resources have either fallen into disrepair and have been lost. And if some disaster happens that connection to the internet is lost, our access to this vast store of knowledge will be sundered, forcing us to turn to print material, some of which are less accurate than others.

What sets this book apart from others is that while most books are merely training manuals, this book will attempt to not only teach the methods of psionics and magic, but also document the history of thd OEC, thus making this a book of lore.

So, my point is, do I have permission to use the info on this site?

March 25, 2012, 02:49:41 AM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
So, my point is, do I have permission to use the info on this site?

The copyrights to all of the articles in our articles section are owned by the stated authors.  You would have to contact each author individually and receive permission from each one.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

March 25, 2012, 07:08:28 PM
Reply #2

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
Does this apply only to word for word transcriptions or does it include citations? (can I put it in my own words)

March 25, 2012, 09:25:26 PM
Reply #3

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Does this apply only to word for word transcriptions or does it include citations? (can I put it in my own words)

In almost every country, selected quotations making up a small portion of a work are permitted as part of another work (but these should be cited).  And expressing a similar idea completely in your own words is of course always permitted.  Copyright is not ownership of the ideas presented in a work, but simply ownership of the work itself.

For more detail you can read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

(Note that in almost all of these jurisdictions, copying small portions in another work for research, review, reporting, and criticism are all permitted.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

March 31, 2012, 05:17:57 AM
Reply #4

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
hey constructman,
congrats! book writing is an amazing experience, it will put you in contact with your higher self and your intuition will start to develop faster than ever.

here's some tips you may find useful as i'm writing a book as well,

google 'snowflake' book writing method,
i'm using this method to keep my book organised

as you may find, it is not difficult to find information as there is plenty of it and it is easily available
the difficult part is organising it and then presenting it in a clear and easy to follow format
especially if you want to put forward your own models or concepts/ideas and use the available information as support for them
you will need a system to organise the information you read and find

the snowflake method helps with the organising part (i use it as the main tool of writing my book now)
there are other toosl, but i found this method quite neat (I also use the snowflake software, even though it is aimed at fiction, my book is non-fiction/reference kind of material similar to what you are talking about, but i use sofware for that just as productively as the next guy who uses it for fiction)

if you have any more questions feel free to drop me a pm as we are in the same boat on this one

July 26, 2016, 10:07:35 AM
Reply #5

bracko

• View Profile
I think many author won't permit you to do so :headwall:. So you need to generate more idea about your writing and as I think you should take help from any writebestessays that can help you well to complete your essay. However you can ask many author to permit you to write this.