hey searcher, how you doing?
Is there a place where the exact methodology is explained?
1) Like, if one phases, and knows that one is in F2, how would one then go from that to shifting into phase 3?
2) Or if one wanted to obtain information about the physical world to be verified later by exploring the physical, how would one go from an F2 experience to explore the F1 terrain from a point of focus other than the physical body that one normally goes about doing things?
The methodology of travel between the phases is quite diverse from what I understood and from the very little amount I experienced. Here are some methods;
1) Let's say you become aware you are dreaming (i.e. a lucid dream), most likely you will be in F2 at this point by default. From here you have a number of options:
1. You can simply 'ask/intend' for your higher self to move you to F3, and wait for the falling/flying sensation to take you over. You will then fly/fall for a period of time, and the environment will change.
2. You can imagine you are going to get 'there' yourself and use some technique. For example last time I got to F3 via lucid dream, I simply started flying up really really high. The flying lasted maybe 10 seconds or less (most likely about 5 but it felt long in the trip), until it was just me and the vast empty sky, then suddenly I thought 'when will the new layer appear' and voila the ground formed and I was in F3. The sensation comparing to F2 was this: The new area felt much more serene, like F2 is quite havoc like with lots of shit happening, moving around, it feels quite busy on the mind. This makes sense if you think about dreams and how busy they get with the scene always changina and evolving, this is the sensation compared to F3. F3 felt more more 'less busy' on the mind, maybe because the scenery didn't change/fluctuate but felt much more stable, and I could see much further into the distance in F3 than in F2 (but then again on my last trip to F2 I could see very far into the ocean, so maybe thats not a factor).
3. You can use symbol tool to help you travel via astral. For example Monroe used an imagined 'interstate highway' and via this highway he travelled between different areas. Whenever he discovered a new area he'd give it an 'exit' sign (mentally) on the highway and then return to it etc whenever he wanted. Now this 'highway' doesn't exist, he just imagined it. Other people I read about use forest/land kind of maps and just assign different areas to different places in the map. In his Gateway cd's Monroe teaches how to develop a similar approach from early stages. From the very first CD if you start imagining like some kind of a 'path' and different areas on it (eg: f10) then you will program it into yourself and can use it to travel.
Alternatively he also teaches you how to create an an 'energy bar' (kind of like magic wand that you can do anything you want with by simply applying your intent to it and charging the bar with light energy), charge it with energy, and then start doing all kinds of things with it (eg: you can transform the bar into a tunnel and travel via it). He teaches how to do this all with the cds.
I think the key with these method is mostly the intention and the habit, once you keep doing the same thing, you develop a habit and your intention keeps focused rather than fluctuate, so it doesn't matter if you use a 'magic energy bar' or any other symbol.
I have a routine I use with monroe's cds now, it is like a path with different 'scenes' in it, at which different things happen to me. On astralpulse Frank Kepple posted his routine/imagery scene path that he used with the cds. Monroe used a forest journey scenery with his original 'Explorers' as he called them.
4. You can ask a guide to appear and take their hand as they will fly you. Now, I tried this in RTZ and F2 and nothing at all happens. I got kicked out of RTZ trying this (back into wakefulness) and in F2 nothing happened I just stood there. This could be for 2 reasons 1) My inner belief blocked it (especially in RTZ, its one thing to read about energies and another thing to ask for one and then voila it appears, if you fear/doubt this then the chances of it happening are greatly reduced, I guess this is what happened to me). In F2 I think I just didn't wait long enough. This applies to creating things in F2. For example once I wanted to create an energy ball in F2 between my hands and then see what I can do with it (I read some phaser's blog about how he was creating dragonball z kind of balls and destroying things with them), well I put my hands opposite each other (in F2) and focused and all I could get was some pinkish colour mist between them. I didn't know why it didn't work, but then I analysed the dream and realised why. While doing this I kept thinking 'I bet this doesn't work for some reason!' (and of course this thought blocked it from happening). The smallest doubt can block the experience. Not always, but I noticed often enough.
Tip: In F3 if you ask for help or for a guide to appear, then you will get someone turning up to help you, it may not be ''your guide'', it could be just another phaser who is more experienced than you who noticed your energy and decided to help you (and two of you were brough together by 'higher guidance'). You never know who it truly is, but everyone says it will never be anything 'evil', the phasers keep saying there is 'no evil' in astral, only if you want to believe there is then you will create an environment where there will be.
From what I understood the key is 'will it/intend it' and 'trust it' and then keep focus on the intention as you travel until the new enviornment forms. Now, I could have travelled to F3 from F2 where I was last time by simply flying up really high (just like I did prior to this trip), but it was so scary this time to fly as the environment felt so real that I thought 'id rather not risk it' (imagine falling from the top of the sky down when everything feels normal, that would probably make me shit in my bed'. And this fear blocked the transition, even though I really wanted it. (I was being an idiot, I would not have to fly if I simply told myself 'Now, this scene will change and I will be in F3! and waited' (as the thought will create the effect), but stupidly I thought I had to 'fly there' (when there is 'no space/time' in astral so there is nowhere to 'fly to').
The same applies to moving from F2/3 into F1, by simply focusing on who/where you want to move to, the falling/flying/changing/spinning sensation will come and you'l have new environment before you. I never moved into F1 from F2 or F3, so I have no idea what really happens, but everyone I read says that you just need to focus on where you want to be and you'l be flown in there via your intention.
---The key thing is to check immediately when you are in a phase where you are----
And the best way to do this is to speak to the first thing/person you see that you can sense is a living thing. I never appeared anywhere where there were no people/being kind of things around. Usually there are plenty around. Only in F3 once they were quite far and I didn't want to walk over to them (they seemed busy with their stuff), but even then I managed to find a wierd thing to talk to.
The first person/thing you speak to if they make no sense in their answer then most likely you are in F2 (I found people in F2 can't even finish a sentence, the first few words will make sense but then it all goes jibberish), but if suddenly they start explaining you stuff and string a couple of sentences together quite well then you'r probably in F3. Ask them something you don't know and see what they say (like the first thing to ask really is 'Where am I? What is this area called? What is it for? Who else is here?) - if you ask them these questions then you'l see immediately if they can answer 'intelligently' or not at all.
Also remember you may have a lucid dream in F3 not in F2, so even if you become lucid immediately go and talk to someone to find out where you are, don't think you are automatically in F2 (or this thought may bounce you back to F2 if you actually appeared in F3)
Another thing to keep in mind is all areas exist at the same time, so right now you are reading this email in F1, but there is another part of you in F2 doing whatever it is doing, and another part of you in F3 interacting probably with your friends in F3 and same with other levels (from what I understood). Like if suddenly you have some idea about something right now, the idea came from F2+. This is quite important to remember when you are phasing. For example you can in be in RTZ and suddenly the colours go incredibly radiant and shiny and you get a flowing intense emotion of awe all over, what has just happened is your awareness might have just shifted straight into F3 (and so part of your awareness is in RTZ, and another part is in F3, all that is left is for you to decide what you want to focus on and where you 'intend' to be).
Similarly if you are tripping in RTZ and you are in your kitchen lets say, and suddenly a dream environment takes over and you are in a forest - don't think that the obe ended (if you do, you will fall asleep and dream), it is simply that your awareness has now shifted into F2/3, stay with it, keep exploring.
This is a problem I had until I read about phasing, I obe'ed into RTZ, moved around my flat and then the dream environment would take over and I would go 'Oh shit, so much for an obe!' and I would simply fall asleep dreaming after that (give up). Don't do this, if you trip into RTZ and after a few meters of travel suddenly everything changes, don't think that the trip is over, you are now simply in F2 (and this can happen without any sensation of falling/flying, just the environment changes and thats all). Its not a 'reality fluctuation' as such, it is rather your shift in awareness into another level in astral (and the two now mixed).
Again I recommend super strongly getting monroe's cd's (gateway), i been listening to them for like 2 weeks now or something, and now I can generate the trance falling sensation within about a couple of minutes of listening to his tape, while before I couldn't generate it at all. Also I'm experiencing new wierd things I don't know how to explain, all kinds of stuff. But don't stop at wave 1 like Frank Kepple did, do the whole thing, the frequencies on wave IV for example are much deeper than on wave I, you will go way deeper into trance and trip out much easier and faster with the sucessive cds.
Also if you watched the film Limitless (I saw it few days ago), Hemi-Sync is basically that 'pill'. I was reading the research they've done with it and its insane. They tested students and students learnt and memorised course material in 4 weeks, which typically would take them an entire semester to learn, people recovered from mental illness just because of hemi-sync stuff, and tons of other studies and experiments. They even done this: They got a bunch of people to listen to hemi-sync and imagine energy balls above a hotel at night, then they would take photos of the strange wierd colours that would form in the darkness above the hotel at exactly the moment when people on the tape would hear the instruction to imagine the energy balls, and then the colours would disappear when people would hear instruction to stop the exercise. They actually took photos as the colours were that visible, its insane.
Is there a place where the exact methodology is explained?
I recommend reading the books by monroe (the last 2), moen, and anything on phasing (astralpulse forum's posts by frank have been super useful to me). Also browse monroe institute website there are tons of articles etc there.
From what I understood now, obe/phasing is not only a 'mental trick' (like 'what exit techinque do I use?'), but mostly you need to condition the physical body/mind over and over so it is not afraid. Your mind may be excited, but the body may really freak out and stop everything. For example when you are being pulled out of your body by the hair on top of your head for example, or when you experience other things during the phase entry or separation (like you'd be enetering a scene and someone turns around and looks right into your eyes, this can be really freaky if you are not used to it, often if you freak out you jump back into physical).
Cds really help with body/mind conditioning. About a week ago, I got 'pulled' out out of top of my head next to my right ear, well this was so freaky that the entire trip ended immediately, the body freaked out. But with cds you do so many exercises and experience so many different states of awareness that you fear less and less. I think consciously we may think we do not fear, but in reality on some level we do fear - and this is why people are not phasing whenever they want to.