Author Topic: Direct & Indirect Methods for OBE exits - OBE'ing the easy way  (Read 13442 times)

March 10, 2012, 02:48:22 PM
Read 13442 times

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I posted a longer version of this in magic thread as I'm usually there, but basically there are 2 ways to OBE

One is known as a Direct Method
Another is known as an Indirect Method.

Direct Method is that which is taught by Robert Bruce and in any other text where the student is taught to relax his body, raise energy, enter trance, loosen his projected double, and work on exit techniques.

Indirect Method is something completely different. This method was developed by a russian guy called Mihail Raduga, who now has officially the biggest obe-er community in the world (according to his forum statistics). The free book to this method is in my signature below.

Unlike the Direct method above which can take anything from 3 months of daily work to be able to do on a more or less daily basis, the Indirect Method causes people to OBE within 3 days of practice (according to an OBE Research Centre). I think 80% of people obe within 3 days.

The Indirect method is done immediately as soon as the person wakes up after sleep. Raduga's research found that the very first few seconds a person is awake they are already in a trance state so high that they can OBE by simply thinking 'I want to obe now' without using any technique at all. Once those seconds pass, the person has another 40 seconds or so while they remain in a semi-trance state of deep state of relaxation (provided they do not physically move, which may take a couple of days of practice to make sure you don't move when you wake up) and then simple mental routine of about 10 seconds usually sparks off an exit. Its as simple as that.

OBE Research Centre (they developed the Indirect Method) recommend people to start with the Indirect Method as it will be much easier and faster way to experience OBE's than a direct method, and only after some experience with OBE's to start working towards developing the skills for a more traditional Direct Method of exit.

March 10, 2012, 02:50:27 PM
Reply #1

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
understandably it goes without saying that it is best to work on both Direct and Indirect methods, as the routines in the Direct method (trance entry, energy raising, etc) will help you to exit with the Indirect Method (even if you can't exit with the direct method!)

March 10, 2012, 05:52:38 PM
Reply #2

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
understandably it goes without saying that it is best to work on both Direct and Indirect methods, as the routines in the Direct method (trance entry, energy raising, etc) will help you to exit with the Indirect Method (even if you can't exit with the direct method!)

I agree. It's a good idea to "branch out" on methods. Whether it's direct, or indirect. Find one that's comfortable, one won't work for everyone..

Also, I would like to add to the different types of methods,  Robert Monroe coined "the phasing" methods. In which, the projector "tunes out" of the physical plane and "tune into" the astral plane. Or, better yet, the projector "shifts" is awareness/attention to outside his body. Monroe believed that the astral/etheric/mental/etc. planes were not "places/areas" that we can project ourselves/consciousness to. Instead, he believed that they were "levels/focuses of attention". The projector phases out of the physical plane, and shifts his awareness outside his body/phases into the non-physical.
With phasing methods, the projector doesn't do usual astral projection procedures like in direct methods. There is no exit-techniques.

Here is a link for more information on phasing and phasing methods:
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 11, 2012, 06:57:07 AM
Reply #3

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

March 11, 2012, 08:23:39 AM
Reply #4

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile

I agree. It's a good idea to "branch out" on methods. Whether it's direct, or indirect. Find one that's comfortable, one won't work for everyone..

Also, I would like to add to the different types of methods,  Robert Monroe coined "the phasing" methods. In which, the projector "tunes out" of the physical plane and "tune into" the astral plane. Or, better yet, the projector "shifts" is awareness/attention to outside his body. Monroe believed that the astral/etheric/mental/etc. planes were not "places/areas" that we can project ourselves/consciousness to. Instead, he believed that they were "levels/focuses of attention". The projector phases out of the physical plane, and shifts his awareness outside his body/phases into the non-physical.
With phasing methods, the projector doesn't do usual astral projection procedures like in direct methods. There is no exit-techniques.

Here is a link for more information on phasing and phasing methods:
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/

nix, then it becomes a lucid dream? is that right?

i was just reading and found the answer in robert bruce's obe in 90 days book:

basically it involves exactly what you are saying (imagine you are in a different enviroment and start attuning yourself to what you see, hear, feel, experience) RB says that this technique may trigger a projection and you won't even feel the exit symptoms, you will suddenly find yourself in the area which you imagined in your projected double body
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:52:51 AM by abc »

March 11, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
Reply #5

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
nix, then it becomes a lucid dream? is that right?

i was just reading and found the answer in robert bruce's obe in 90 days book:

basically it involves exactly what you are saying (imagine you are in a different enviroment and start attuning yourself to what you see, hear, feel, experience) RB says that this technique may trigger a projection and you won't even feel the exit symptoms, you will suddenly find yourself in the area which you imagined in your projected double body

Yes, it can lead to a lucid dream, and vice versa (you can use a lucid dream to phase).
When Monroe coined the term phasing, he believed that there was no astral plane, lucid dreams, RTZ, etheric planes, mental planes, etc. Just the physical and the non-physical.
So in a sense, if you were lucid dreaming, you would already be "out". ;)

Also, how was Robert Bruce's 90 days book? I heard it was interesting.
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 12, 2012, 04:16:35 AM
Reply #6

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Also, how was Robert Bruce's 90 days book? I heard it was interesting.

i found it very useful, as it is basically 90 days of routines starting from total basics and by day 90 progressing towards different trance states, chakra stimuations, etc. it also has a lot on theory and explanations of all kinds of things to do with obe's. i highly recommend it, you can get it for free online if you don't want to pay first, read it, and then if you like it pay later (kind of 'reverse-paying').

i'm going through magical training of step I in IIH, but i'm using the 90 days routines to help me, so in long-term you kisss 2 girls at the same time (pass step I of iih training, and develop a habit for obe'ing at will).

so far i only had about 6 exits/journeys in obe, and 5 were spontaneous only 1 at will. the longest one lasted was about 1.5 minutes.
what's your obe experience?

March 13, 2012, 08:39:22 PM
Reply #7

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
so far i only had about 6 exits/journeys in obe, and 5 were spontaneous only 1 at will. the longest one lasted was about 1.5 minutes.
what's your obe experience?

Congrats on the success. Keep it up! :)
I've only had one semi-conscious obe, it lasted about 20-35 min, in which I helped a soul/spirit/consciousness "move on", if that makes sense. I've also had about 2-3 lucid dreams.
I barely have time to comfortably practice without life making it's way into my practice in some way or another.
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 14, 2012, 03:31:08 AM
Reply #8

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
nix i'm awake and up and i must thank you,
i downloaded the Phasing pdf you linked to (i couldn't download it for a couple of days as site wouldnt open)
And last night tried the phasing first 2 exercises (simply watching the darkness and then doing a walkthrough routine)
and i had an obe with it

i been trying to obe directly and indirectly for about a month now, every single day (sometimes i meditated for like 5 hours a day just to try and obe - no success), with no success (except couple of spontaneous obe's which lasted maybe 30 seconds or so but i could barely do anything in them), but with the phasing method you sent it worked beautifully as it is basically falling asleep (which i'm an expert at :)

what i did was this:
read half of the pdf you sent last night, then
i lay in bed falling asleep and simply watched the darkness before my eyes (exercise 1)
then i started imagining that i'm actually lying on the beach and that water comes and goes hitting my face but i'm just lying (exercise 2)
i kept at this (evrything is still dark as i'm still in my bed) and suddenly i started to hear water rustling as if from a distance (for a second i thought maybe it was raining outside, but then i remembered its -20 outside) this was wierd as i was lying in my bed and listening how water was 'accumulating' around me,
i kept on listening and the rustling of water inreased steadily
next thing i know i can see water rising and falling on my face (this was very wierd as a thought went passed 'i will drown', but then i reminded myself that this is an obe), also a very quick falling/swaying sensation happened (so quick i could easily have missed it)

the reality started forming, the water became normal full sound of water and it accumulated and surrounded my head (i was breathing under water), this is when i thought 'enough, I stood up (this felt like standard obe standing up/separation) and basically went around the beach which i created, swam with a couple of people in it, dived deep into the water, it was beautiful

and when i woke up I was smiling and thinking of you, thank you! :)

ps: what do you mean by I helped a soul/spirit/consciousness "move on", can you describe what happened?

March 17, 2012, 09:45:11 AM
Reply #9

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
Firstly, Congrats!!!  :)
I'm glad I could help!

Secondly, I was in and out of consciousness through out the experience.

It was in October of last year, a Friday. I think it was October 7th (Yes, I remember the date. XD). I was trying to astral project before going to bed (this was the night before). It didn't work, and I ended up just falling asleep. The next morning, I woke up to my alarm clock, and I turned it off. I usually just hit snooze a couple of times before actually waking up. But this time, I don't know why, but I had the urge to try and astral project again, even though I had to get ready for school. So I tried astral projecting again at about 6:00 AM. And that's when it started.

At first I just blacked out, as always. But then I remember seeing this.. entity I suppose, under my basketball hoop in my driveway. I was looking at him from the other side of my driveway and he was facing me, but wasn't really looking at me. He had a human silhouette, but I couldn't see any specific features, besides his red eyes that were looking at the ground. His figure was black, and he had a red/black aura surrounding him. His had was down and he looked really sullen/depressed. I stared at him this way for a few more minutes, then I blacked out..

The scene then changed to my school. I was walking towards the stairs to get to the gym, and when I made the turn to get to them, he was there again. This time, staring dead straight at me. I cannot remember if there was anyone else there are not. I don't think there was. We made eye contact. His figure was still black and he still had his red/black aura surrounding him, and I still saw his red eyes. He didn't try to attack me, and I wasn't worried he would. I wasn't worried he would try to harm me in anyway... We stayed like that for what felt like 1-3 minutes. Then I again blacked out again..

The scene changed again. Were were in, what appeared to be, an old, dark, corridor. It appeared old, but I do not know what time it could have been from (or if it was a present day house that's old). The top halves of the walls were painted reddish/orange, the bottom halves were brown, and lit candles were attached to the walls on both sides. I then saw the same entity. He was hovering and chasing after a child that was running down the hall. The entity had a BIG evil/maniacal grin on his face. I couldn't tell whether the child was a girl, or a boy with shoulder length blond hair. However, the child was definitely terrified. He/she was crying and screaming while she was running. Again, I blacked out.

This time, the entity was sitting on the toilet (not using it. XD) in my bathroom. His dark figure was gone, and so was his aura. He looked to be in his mid- early twenties, Caucasian, slim/a little skinny, tall, chiseled jaw, and black, short hair. Even though he looked completely different from the entity I saw in the previous scenes, I still knew it was him. When I regained consciousness in this scene, I got the impression the I had just finished talking to him and telling him something. I cannot remember what I said (I wish I could. =/). He was looking down again, thinking about what I said. Then he said "That must be it.." And as soon as he said that, his solar plexus/heart chakra/center of his chest started visible glowing an iridescent purple. Then, the purple "exploded", engulfing him. And at that moment, I lost consciousness and I woke up.

When I woke up, I had the immediate impression that I helped someone move on for some reason. The clock read 6:30-6:45 am. I can't remember that detail. I had a sense of satisfaction throughout the day, but I just assumed it was because it was Friday, =P. I was thinking about those dreams throughout the day.

Eventually I spoke with Xanth (he created the site that I gave you the link to about the phasing methods), and he said he believes that I indeed was picked to help a soul (something a long those lines, I cannot find the post).

(Sorry. I didn't mean to go off topic like that on your topic..)

CONGRATS AGAIN! :D
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 17, 2012, 01:28:21 PM
Reply #10

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
hey buddy! its awesome you remembered it, since i last posted i had an obe, returned to my body in the evening and then realised that i didn't remember anything except returning to my body (bummer!)

i read pretty much everything frank posted on astralpulse, and also read most of the ultimate journey book by robert monroe,
i also downloaded hemi-sync's Gateway Experience cd's.

Frank said that he listened to Gateway Wave 1 Track 2, about a thousand times (he listened to it during day multiple times, and then at night it played on repeat as he slept). he used a special visualisation scene building technique to go together with the cd (he basically imagined the environment and then sync'ed the cd track with it). frank said it was listening to this cd few hundred times that resulted in him projecting and developing his abilities. he said in the forum that he wasted a couple of months as he simply listened to the cd, and so if anyone uses the visualisation and listens to the cd he said that within about 2-3 weeks of daily listening (multiple times a day) the projections will kick off

basically i decided to follow his footsteps and started listening to the cd together with his visualisation method.
are you aware that he did this? you wanna join me in this? you and i can just listen to the cd repeatedly and when we obe we can meet up in F21 (Focus Z) and explore things from there together :)

lets do it buddy

March 19, 2012, 07:20:07 PM
Reply #11

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
are you aware that he did this? you wanna join me in this? you and i can just listen to the cd repeatedly and when we obe we can meet up in F21 (Focus Z) and explore things from there together :)

Yes, I was partly aware he did this. I did not know he used a visualization method while listening to the CD's
That sounds like a good idea! Now I can practice projecting with someone. :D
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 19, 2012, 09:34:44 PM
Reply #12

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
awesome, lets practice then
so far i listened to the cd2 about 12 times or so under the 'proper' conditions
the plan is to listen to it about 200 times at least like frank keeple did, but i also want to go through the whole gateway series cds now

the body/mind learns very quickly from these cds, you can then induce the state without the cd (like when you go to bed at night or by simply lying down by simply remembering what that state feels like the state quickly accelerates into the body).

i recommend it highly :)
post here what you experience,

March 20, 2012, 07:26:38 PM
Reply #13

Nix

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Ace of Spades
    • View Profile
Cool, sounds like a plan. =P

I'll post my experiences here or in a pm.
However, I'll have to download them later (If not tomorrow then Friday or Saturday)... =/
vitam diligere ...
diligunt mortem ...

March 21, 2012, 03:33:40 PM
Reply #14

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
post them here :) to inspire others

i been listening to their cds non stop now for a few days, its the most powerful thing i ever done in this field, its been so powerful that i decided to go after the cds onto their actual programme (as a thank you payment)

i also had one of the best trips a few days ago because of their stuff, where i simply lay in bed, closed my eyes for about a couple of minutes, then opened them laying on a beach in some distant land, with my face in the sand and waves splashing on my face. Its quite something. I stood up and went exploring the territory. I never had such an easy obe, no preparation, no energy raising, nothing, just lie down and get up somewhere else.