Author Topic: Amateur With a Few Questions  (Read 2346 times)

March 04, 2012, 08:36:52 AM
Read 2346 times

Zhaloor

• Settling In

• View Profile
Hey, Everyone. My first post seems to have been widely ignored (except by Impervious!), probably because I rambled a bit (but if you feel like reading and answering, please, please http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,20359.new.html#new, as it'd be much appreciated). I've decided to reword a small subset of my original post here in the form of a few questions. I've been lurking on Veritas for about a month and finally made an account a few days ago. I've started some Focal Meditation: 50 minutes the first day, 60 minutes the next day, skipped a day, 20 minutes yesterday (I'm at university and have been extremely busy with work). Ideally, I want to get to the point that I am able to kinet reasonably well (mostly for feedback purposes, as I'm given to understand that the necessary effort per unit of increased ability (using as a metric, say, the weight of the object (I realize that at at deep level, it shouldn't matter, but my brain thinks it does, so just overcoming that negative expectation makes the task more difficult)) increases drastically once one leaves very small/light objects, such that I've never even heard of or read about anyone kineting or levitating objects on the order of, say, cars), to perform telepathy with a high degree of accuracy (not 100%, but, say, "reliably"), to perform biokinesis on myself (nothing too drastic, but I've lost my athlete's-type metabolism that I used to have in my early-mid teens, so I'd like that back, in addition to height and eye "colour" (I don't know whether I care enough to turn my eyes blue (or purple), but a lighter shade would be nice so that the pupil (and its dilation) be clearly-visible), and to influence "random" events less trivial than random number generators (say, dice or cards) with fairly-reliable accuracy. So, I'm wondering:

1. Am I right in choosing Dynamic Psi as my paradigm to accomplish these results?
2. Approximately how long should each take? Either in hours or in days (if there's an optimal number of hours to practice per day) (Patience and concentration generally aren't big problems for me, as I'm fairly patient and have spent 7+ hours seated and thinking (e.g. during a competitive chess game). I do need to feel that I'm always making progress, though, which is part of why I have some smaller goals (kineting a small object) that I can use fairly early for some sort of feedback.)
3. How long should I practice just Focal Meditation before expecting seriously to be able to perform some act of kinesis?
4. What is you all's opinion on Creative Visualization? I'm reading Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. It seems that Creative Visualization is a way of using the energy to accomplish one's goals without really knowing the precise inner workings of what's going on (i.e. the universe somehow influences conditions to make the event occur). If it is reliable, though, what do you think about using that in the short term (for, say, the physical changes) while practicing Dynami Psi in the background? How long would it take to achieve results with it?

Thanks for the help!

March 04, 2012, 03:21:38 PM
Reply #1

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
First off, we're all amateurs here. At least, I like to think of us all as equal beings, with the same capabilities. No one is really amateur, or pro :)

Anyways, onto the questions.

1)You can follow whatever system you want. Everything we say, or anything anyone else has to say, should be taken into consideration. You do the thinking for yourself. If something doesnt add up to you, or you think you have a better idea, have a go at it. Use it, and use your head. Long answer short; do what you want.

2)That also depends on you. But do not think that just because you practice for hours on end, progress will come faster. This is not the case. If it was, we'd all be flying around instead of driving cars..

3)The article says to practice it until you find your soul. Thats another thing you need to consider. In my case, I didnt follow that advice. I started practicing kenisis on the same day I started practicing meditation, and it works out for me.

4)No opinion, I'm not educated enough in this area.

Most of all, just sit down, shut up, and practice. I hate to be so blunt about that, but its very true. I was told this (in a much nastier way) back in the day, and I just couldnt get it. Seriously, just forget all this "what if" or "should I do this, or this" etc.. and just GO PRACTICE. Thats it.

Anyways, good luck buddy.

March 04, 2012, 04:07:40 PM
Reply #2

Zhaloor

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for your replies!

I realize that it varies for everyone, but what would be a good guideline of how much to meditate each day (I assume it has to be done every day?). For example, maybe between x amount of time and y amount of time per day is optimal, with <x being insufficient to make any substantive progress, and >y causing one to experience very-rapidly-diminishing returns on the extra time spent. I had a twenty-minute session earlier today (it was supposed to be an hour long, but my friend texted me and broke my concentration), and I plan probably to have another session later today, maybe for thirty minutes or so.

Essentially, what worries me is training/practicing incorrectly for a period of time, seeing that I haven't made any/much progress, and being discouraged. It'd be nice if I could have some sort of guideline for what to do and for how long, and then to fine tune it for myself, for my special case. Also, BubbaFett, would you happen to know anything about Creative Visualization and whether it's effective?

March 04, 2012, 05:30:11 PM
Reply #3

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Thanks for your replies!

I realize that it varies for everyone, but what would be a good guideline of how much to meditate each day (I assume it has to be done every day?). For example, maybe between x amount of time and y amount of time per day is optimal, with <x being insufficient to make any substantive progress, and >y causing one to experience very-rapidly-diminishing returns on the extra time spent. I had a twenty-minute session earlier today (it was supposed to be an hour long, but my friend texted me and broke my concentration), and I plan probably to have another session later today, maybe for thirty minutes or so.

Essentially, what worries me is training/practicing incorrectly for a period of time, seeing that I haven't made any/much progress, and being discouraged. It'd be nice if I could have some sort of guideline for what to do and for how long, and then to fine tune it for myself, for my special case. Also, BubbaFett, would you happen to know anything about Creative Visualization and whether it's effective?

A lot of guys around here will recommend you do about 45 - 60 minutes a day. When I was in training I'd do between 20 - 30 a day. To be honest, ANY meditation is great for you, even if its just a few minutes a day.

Dont go over whack on it though. Theres an old saying that goes, "Meditate to live, do not live to meditate" :)

About the not seeing progress..

Dont worry about it. Some might disagree with me, but in my experience progress comes quicker when your not concerned with progress (which may be your problem entirely). I'm not diagnosing your problem here, just a mere observation.

Lots may disagree with me on this. But in my experience, practice cannot be a result driven thing. What I mean by this is, if you practice for the purpose of achieving X desired skill level, it wont happen.

For example. For over a year, I could NOT do telepathy. I was absolutely terrible at it, no results whatsoever. As a matter of fact, my results were against odds in the OPPOSITE direction I wanted. Yes, it was that bad.. I practiced for over a year, every day with no results. The entire time, all I thought to myself was how if I just kept pounding away at it, results would eventually come and I would be "skilled". Boy was I wrong.

If you consider yourself at skill level X, and your goal is to get to skill level Y via practice.. You will never get there. Thats because when you go into practice with this mentality, it automatically stops progress from happening. The entire time your hung up on getting results, it stops your efforts.

Its because the way psionics works inhibits this from taking place. Not because of some mystical force, but simply because if your constantly thinking "okay, lets get X far so then I can move onto X because I want to accomplish X.." then it inhibits your psionic progress. You think of X as being something thats just barely something thats accomplishable at your level, and you think of yourself as "not quite there yet"

So therefore..When do you get there? You never do, because everything you can do now you could always do. Any psionic feat you achieve in the future, you were perfectly capable of doing so now. The only thing different was your mindset.

So whats the right way to practice? Practice with a care free attitude. Dont worry about your progress. Think of practice as just a fun time to chill, be yourself, and just let things happen. Thats when you will get results.

March 04, 2012, 07:37:25 PM
Reply #4

Zhaloor

• Settling In

• View Profile
I understand completely what you're saying, Tricky. Having engaged in (and, at the risk of bragging, excelled in) several areas, such as Chess and Mathematics, I can definitely appreciate the notion that true progress and fulfillment come (and, in some sense, are only available) when one engages in the activity for its own sake, because one enjoys it. The moment that one begins to like not the activity itself, but the idea that one is doing, or is capable of, the activity, and this becomes the primary motivation, is when it all goes downhill. Fortunately, I actually enjoy the act of the meditation (it's funny -- I didn't think I would, and still, when I think about future meditation sessions, I don't really look forward to them, but once I start, I really enjoy it and never find myself thinking "Is the hour/half-hour up yet?"), so this shouldn't prove an issue.

I know it's a very personal thing and that it may vary from person to person, but could you give me some idea of what it feels like "to have found one's soul"? A couple of times during my first two sessions (toward the end), I definitely felt (albeit briefly, as I ended up having to close my eyes and to reopen them, and to lose some focus) that I had entered a more profound state of awareness and concentration. It was almost (not quite) as if I didn't have to try to focus on the psi wheel: It was all I was thinking about. It definitely felt very different the first time around. Is this it? Unfortunately, whenever this happens, either I think about the fact that it's happening, and it goes away, or it occurs after I've kept my eyes open for a long time, and I'm forced to close them or to blink a lot. I guess the thing that really bothers me is that since I'm currently unable to kinet anything, I have no way of getting solid, robust, "objective" feedback, so I have no idea of whether I'm wasting my time or not.

On a side note, for what do you usually use your Dynamic Psi abilities?

March 05, 2012, 06:17:05 AM
Reply #5

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
"could you give me some idea of what it feels like "to have found one's soul"?"

First, perform a psionic feat. It can be anything.. Do some basic kinesis, roll a can, make a construct, whatever. Pay close attention while doing this.. Pay attention to the PART of you that is doing it, and thats your soul. Next time you do it, use that part of you.

"On a side note, for what do you usually use your Dynamic Psi abilities?"

Heh :D Much too many things for my own good.

March 05, 2012, 05:39:00 PM
Reply #6

Zhaloor

• Settling In

• View Profile
@Tricky:
What specifically is a construct (I can kind of garner an idea from the English meaning of the word and a few posts I've read, but I don't know precisely)? How do I make one? Is this an advanced technique?

@BubbaFett
Really? I was under the impression that it's not a good idea to experiment on oneself with something such as making oneself yawn. How can I be certain that I was using psi rather than my brain just making me yawn (if it's the latter case, then I'm not going to be able to direct the intent outwards)? I once put both hands in a refrigerator and attempted (successfully) to make one of them feel so hot that sweat appear on it. But I decided afterward that this kind of feedback wasn't the best indicator of progress for the reason mentioned above. Are you saying that it's actually a good idea? Regarding Creative Visualization, it seems almost too good to be true. Have you used it? If so, how effective was it? For something such as increasing height or changing eye color, would you recommend Creative Visualization with just the final intent/goal in mind, or micromanagement via biokinesis?

March 05, 2012, 05:53:19 PM
Reply #7

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
@Tricky:
What specifically is a construct (I can kind of garner an idea from the English meaning of the word and a few posts I've read, but I don't know precisely)? How do I make one? Is this an advanced technique?

A construct is just a formation of what we call "psi". In whatever shape, programmed to do anything. Anything like that falls under the term "construct".

March 05, 2012, 08:03:23 PM
Reply #8

TheMasque

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
A lot of people seem reluctant to shamelessly promote Veritas. I, however, do not have such qualms.

1. Am I right in choosing Dynamic Psi as my paradigm to accomplish these results?
Yes. Dynamic psi is quite unique in the accessibility of complex teachings from people who know what they are talking about. There is a big focus on messages such as how physical factors (like size/weight in kinesis) do not matter, with articulate and thought-provoking articles that, when meditated on, will help you understand these revelations, not just know them. Furthermore, whilst many psionic manuals talk about synchronicity and the manipulation of randomness to your own end, "Future Selection" is an important excercise within Dynamic Psi that achieves this end like no other "style" I have ever encountered.

March 06, 2012, 03:41:07 PM
Reply #9

Zhaloor

• Settling In

• View Profile
If you can make yourself yawn, how much of a jump is it to attempt to make the person beside you yawn.

If that yawning was causing only by neurons in my brain, and not by my soul/mind guiding that process, then quite a bit, as I don't see how one could possibly direct that outward. This is what I'm trying to avoid. You've clearly avoided this trap, since you can obviously direct your intent outwards, but I think it's a very real trap. Nice video, btw.

On the topic of qi, since you brought it up, are psi and qi the same thing? Even if they are, in some deep sense, I was under the impression that, in practice, psi was using just the mind/soul whereas chi invariably involved use of the physical body (usually hands and/or feet). Continuing in this vain, I think that I'm decent at using qi (better than my psi abilities, with which I have yet to do anything objectively-verifiable). I've managed to bend spoons into very unnatural shapes. Originally, I did this by meditating with the spoon in my hand, getting into a relaxed state, and then thinking about several emotional experience (almost always sexual in nature, as I seem to get a lot of energy from those), and then to bend the spoon. But I worried that maybe the heat from my hand was weakening the bonds of the spoon while I held it. But then, today, I was practicing Focal Meditation on a psi wheel, and finally tried (unsuccessfully) to move it a  couple of times, and then, one of those experiences suddenly popped into my head and I went a long with it, and thought more about it, and then got up and bent two already-bent spoons into even less natural configurations! This was pretty reassuring.

But I'm guessing that this isn't the way to do psi, which I'm given to understand should not involve hands at all. I think I've found my soul, because I've felt that extreme focus/concentration, and I've felt my awareness kind of leave my body, but the couple of times that I've tried to move the psi wheel, I haven't been successful (usually, I sit five feet or so from it). Any advice on this? Could it be that I need more practice doing just Focal Meditation before I attempt to kinet something, or is the problem more likely in the actualization step?

March 12, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
Reply #10

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
I'll respond to your fourth question, since I started reading the same book the day this topic was started. (Weird, eh?)
Creative Vizualization seems a lot like the practices of future selection and creating constructs in Dynamic Psi, to me. It also can be very similar to sigilization. I have yet to really incorporate much of this book into my life, as these past two weeks have possibly been the worst I've ever had. That's beside the point, though. I'll cut this post short since most of what I have to say is redundant.
In essence, I see no reason why the two practices cannot complement each other, and even become the same practice at points. Though I much prefer Dynamic Psi's more objective/scientific approach.  :P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:02:35 PM by Impervious »
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)