Abusing Temporal Mechanics for Fun and Profit
Ever want to eat your cake before you actually make it? Hereís how you can do it.
The basis of this technique relies on one interesting property of psionics: psi is not limited to causality as we experience it, and can affect the past just as it does the future. However, altering the past can not change things that are known. Hidden data can be altered, and it is theoretically possible for things that have already happened to have been caused by psionic influence from the future.
It is that later application that allows us to abuse the nature of psiís time quirks for fun and profit, taking out a kind of causal loan to do stuff that we canít do now, but certainly can later on. As future selection is using an intent and kinesis to manifest some effect in the future, we shall call this retroselection, which is manifesting an intent with kinesis in the past.
The technique is as follows:
1) Carefully think out the effect you wish to manifest with retroselection.
2) Write down exactly what you want to happen. Organization is key: the more organized you are, the higher the chances of a successful time loop being established. This is the same sort of intent that you would use for a future selection, so make sure you avoid negatives and use as active as an intent you can manage.
3) Write down a reminder in your calendar to perform the retroselection, sometime in the future. Make sure it is as soon as possible, in order to increase the chance that youíll actually get around to doing it, and making sure the intent is still relatively fresh in your mind. What you want to write down is when you wish the effect to happen, and what the intent is.
4) When the designated time for the effect comes around, if all goes well, itíll happen. This is the ďprofitĒ step.
5) When the time you marked on your calendar comes around, perform the retroselection. This is the exact same thing as a future selection, except youíre intent is to actualize the effect that you already experienced.
6) Feel like a badass psionic time hacker.
A warning though: paradoxes are fundamentally not allowed by the universe, it seems. Therefore, if you attempt to use this technique, and for some reason in the future youíll never actually perform the psionic retroselection, then it will fail and you will never see an effect. All time loops must be planned out carefully in advance for a higher chance of success.
The first example would be using a construct before actually making it. The construct, as a psionic object, sits outside of time. There is no reason why you canít use it before itís actually made, just as long as it does get made in the future.
Letís use a focus construct for an example. The purpose of this construct is simple: when the user of it focuses on a sigil that the construct is attached to, then the construct speeds up the rate of gaining focus for the user (this is the basic idea behind the public construct found here: http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,16587.0.html
Suppose you wish to create such a construct, but you are having trouble focusing. You have the sigil right in front of you already. It is possible to use the construct before it is made, by focusing on the sigil and thus activating the construct. Once you have gained focus thanks to the construct, you may then create the construct and attach it to the sigil. It is a very good idea to create the construct as soon as you gain focus, for a simple reason: the more time that passes, the less chance that youíll actually get around to performing the act. There is no free lunch, and the work must be done eventually, so the less of a gap between performing the task and using itís effect, the higher chance of success.
Now, the more interesting application. What if you lack psionic ability right now, but predict in the future youíll have it? Is there a way to bootstrap your way into psionic ability? In theory, the answer is yes. Remember, the only time in this technique that requires your ability is at the end!
In this case, your intent should be as follows: ďMy first and subsequent meditation attempts are productive and I gain focus.Ē Make sure you can picture the experience as much as possible. Write down as much as you can about it in a paper or journal or blog, just anywhere itíll be safe. Perhaps make your calendar date when you perform the retroselection about six months from the next time you meditate. Once you do, enjoy a fruitful starting practice. Then, at the end, go back and give your past self a bit of aid.
Lastly, a personal trick Iíve used a great many times, which is sure to be useful for all the students reading this article. Suppose you are about to take a test, but would like the test to be easy. However, you donít have enough time to gain focus and perform the kinesis needed to assure smooth sailing for your GPA. The solution is simple: write it down on your calendar using this technique, and do the retroselection.
Again, I can not stress enough: This is a powerful technique, but it requires an extreme amount of discipline. It allows you to reap the benefits of your work before you actually do it; however, if you never perform the work at all, past or future, then the intent will never, at any time, happen.
Still, once you get the hang of it, it allows you to future select merely by writing down a note on a calendar!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License