Author Topic: To those of you crying 'wolf' about attacks;  (Read 26714 times)

December 03, 2011, 06:29:29 PM
Read 26714 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

December 04, 2011, 11:06:19 AM
Reply #1

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
Not to mention the fact that the most minimal effort put into actual practice everyday would make most "attacks" completely flaccid. Anyone that might read this needs to know that this is one of the best forum communities around when dealing with the subject of metaphysics and parapsychology. The members are great, the mods are great.
And how!

December 04, 2011, 03:17:41 PM
Reply #2

Patanjali

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I'm going to agree that the community is great, and the mods. They keep the place running smooth, and generally there aren't too many people that come up and cry wolf. It has been happening more lately. However, most of these people may be deludedcthrough one way or another, logic would dictate such, but this doesn't mean that people still aren't being attacked. Such as when people play with a witches board. Generally its a elemental that is called forth, if anything. However, the elemental can still be damaging none the less. Harm can easily still be done. I think a sticky should be titled " so you think your being attacked". Giving list of information to read prior to posting anything.

I believe in doing so would greatly reduce the posts of this type, at least to some degree. Although, the people that do post seem to be children, logic would dictate from there spelling and run on sentences. Anyways, i just think a thread made and stickied about this would work far better than linking. There are some older people on here, and even some younger people mature and intelligent enough to click a link. However, they are not the rule, they are the exception. Most people might look for a post, but even then is hoping for more then what will probably happen. Just a idea.

December 06, 2011, 02:49:50 PM
Reply #3

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
[...] but this doesn't mean that people still aren't being attacked. Such as when people play with a witches board. Generally its a elemental that is called forth, if anything. However, the elemental can still be damaging none the less. Harm can easily still be done. I think a sticky should be titled " so you think your being attacked". Giving list of information to read prior to posting anything.

While I agree that, technically, one can be attacked metaphysically, there's something else to keep in mind even when we're sure people are not deluding themselves. First, metaphysical energy is highly impressionable and does what you intend it to do. Second, those who seem to be suffering from metaphysical attack - even if we rule out the possibility of delusion - often deeply believe that they can be attacked during ritual X or Y. Thus, what happens is similar to what happens to the qi master who believes he should not practice qigong while sick - he believes his illness should get worse when practicing, he practices when ill, and - strangely enough - he becomes even more ill.

Food for thought.

December 06, 2011, 02:55:51 PM
Reply #4

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
[...] but this doesn't mean that people still aren't being attacked. Such as when people play with a witches board. Generally its a elemental that is called forth, if anything. However, the elemental can still be damaging none the less. Harm can easily still be done. I think a sticky should be titled " so you think your being attacked". Giving list of information to read prior to posting anything.

While I agree that, technically, one can be attacked metaphysically, there's something else to keep in mind even when we're sure people are not deluding themselves. First, metaphysical energy is highly impressionable and does what you intend it to do. Second, those who seem to be suffering from metaphysical attack - even if we rule out the possibility of delusion - often deeply believe that they can be attacked during ritual X or Y. Thus, what happens is similar to what happens to the qi master who believes he should not practice qigong while sick - he believes his illness should get worse when practicing, he practices when ill, and - strangely enough - he becomes even more ill.

Food for thought.

This is what I was referring to when I said that if one was being "attacked", and they were practicing meditations or basically any paradigm daily, and with diligence, most attacks would be rendered useless. One of the most prevalent types of attack is one where the fear of being attacked is what feeds the attack. It is almost completely psychological, and that is the 'subtle energy' feeding the attack. I have seen instances where someone will place random items like crows feathers, cat bones, vials of" blood(corn syrup and food coloring) in a persons house, or on their property, and this is the whole of the attack. The rest is Fear.
And how!

December 14, 2011, 08:37:54 AM
Reply #5

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
And as the naive little lambs walked to the butchers block singing and dancing merrily believing that their paradigm and their belief system will protect them only to find their last acts on earth are to join the glue pot, dog food and be smothered in mint source.

Not every one cries wolf and to believe that it is not real is an insult to this paradigm because it makes a mockery of the rest of it.

Searcher - no longer under attack - sorted by other magicians

:P
We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

July 29, 2012, 05:54:25 PM
Reply #6

bgbleep

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    adoi quei vanktus varroc
    • View Profile
    • Myspace (Non Veritas Related)
At little bit of trouble is probably if anything good for your growth. As it teaches you about the ebb and flow.

Spiritual reflexes will keep you out of most problems. And if you have found that experiences have stopped you from doing a practice then you have only to thank your instincts and the balance of nature for steering you away from true danger.
The journey of life begins alone and ends alone.

July 31, 2012, 03:29:15 AM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@bgbleep: Congratulations for reviving old topic regarding story that was a bit different than described in this thread and giving a totally useless advice. Thank your instincts for your behavior ;-).

July 31, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
Reply #8

bgbleep

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    adoi quei vanktus varroc
    • View Profile
    • Myspace (Non Veritas Related)
Before determining how i felt about your numerous insulting posts, I read your blog Akenu.

I'm not impressed by your poor attitude, insults, or immature approach of presenting yourself.
Dignity is a valuable thing in the world, and i see that you are only interested increasing your own by way of insulting others.

You speak as a person who knows much, but act like a child trying to prove his worth.

Its an easy task for a man to change the world through magic. But, learning to guard one's tongue is one of the biggest indicators of progress in life. If words are as powerful as you believe, i have only to see you must not credit their power to be of much influence since you care little for what you send forth.
The journey of life begins alone and ends alone.

July 31, 2012, 09:27:27 PM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
But, learning to guard one's tongue is one of the biggest indicators of progress in life.

That explains a lot, doesn't it? ;-) I will give you a hint in another thread.

August 01, 2012, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #10

Talbot

• View Profile

This is what I was referring to when I said that if one was being "attacked", and they were practicing meditations or basically any paradigm daily, and with diligence, most attacks would be rendered useless. One of the most prevalent types of attack is one where the fear of being attacked is what feeds the attack. It is almost completely psychological, and that is the 'subtle energy' feeding the attack. I have seen instances where someone will place random items like crows feathers, cat bones, vials of" blood(corn syrup and food coloring) in a persons house, or on their property, and this is the whole of the attack. The rest is Fear.

This is true because I did this to someone once.  Sorry if I didn't introduce myself, first post.  I read some Necronomicon to a guy and put some sand at his door.  There was no forethought, no planning and no spiritual aspect to the performance.  He used that as an excuse to spiral out of control and I never heard from him again.  I was young and dumb and I had a lot more ego than ethics at the time - I wouldn't do such a thing today.  I must admit, however, it did take care of a lot of problems he was causing (not that I was blameless) and I think everyone involved learned some strange lessons about human behavior.  Before anyone asks, no I don't own the Necronomicon, it was borrowed for the purpose and promptly returned. 

August 21, 2012, 04:06:12 PM
Reply #11

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Placebo effects can be more powerful than any form of magick if you can "sell" it to someone. Jedi Mind Tricks.

August 21, 2012, 09:27:36 PM
Reply #12

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
Except when the guy you're trying to trick is a hardcore atheist and anti-superstionist and believes you're a weirdo.

August 22, 2012, 02:33:28 AM
Reply #13

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Except when the guy you're trying to trick is a hardcore atheist and anti-superstionist and believes you're a weirdo.

Which shows either lack of talent or lack of imagination of said practitioner.
Point is not to wave around 'cursed' person's face while yelling "By power of the gray skull I curse thee". Point is to slowly and silently shape mind of the 'cursed' person and reality around him so he associates his problems with bad luck. By such practice he will hardly think you are a weirdo because he won't know you are actually causing something.

August 22, 2012, 05:56:35 AM
Reply #14

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
A word dropped here and there about how they have something bad happen. Like drop stuff and lose their keys. Fail  test. Even do it jokingly can have a subtle effect on their psyche. Mind magick folk, all those jedi mind tricks. Once that thought of being cursed is place in someone's head they will eventually believe it. If it's reinforced. Much like calling someone a failure everyday. Eventually it wears down their will and they begin to believe such a thing. If you look at it a large part of magick is nothing more than psychological tricks. Suggestion, indirect hypnosis, showmanship. A luck charm only brings luck because you believe it does. Belief has a strong effect on the mind. Even disbelief is a belief.