Author Topic: Magical Quarantine  (Read 972 times)

October 19, 2011, 12:47:55 PM
Read 972 times

for_Him

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Hi all, I just read the article by Prophecy where he describes how he went on a Magical Quarantine / Retreat,
I found it very inspiring

Has anyone else done something like this, and what were your experiences, if you don't mind? :)

October 21, 2011, 09:31:33 AM
Reply #1

Micky-P

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Twice I've traveled to a small house on a lake for a period of a week, with little else in my bags but books on magick and my tools, with the intention of having a period of intense magical work.

Though in both cases, while I succeeded in reading much, true inspiration and magical breakthroughs always eluded me, it was not until I returned home and stopped working at it that inspiration and progress would come.

I've learned to follow my own inner voice when it comes to moving off into a different environment to inspire magical growth, it cant be forced. 
(insert something suggesting knowledge and wit)

October 21, 2011, 10:52:01 AM
Reply #2

mrblack

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    everything is true, everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • The Razors Edge
The concept of a magickal retreat is similar to what we musicians call "woodshedding",
where the player goes in his wood shed and practices techniques for countless hours everyday.
It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to go somewhere else to do it but I would prefer for
that to happen.

Experiences depends on what you're trying to accomplish; the first 2 times I went on a magickal
retreat - it was for research and I did learn alot. These past few months, I've been on a retreat
- trying to incorporate and work with a new system I've been practicing.
I think I also managed to raise my level up (don't mean to sound RPG'ish, lol) during this time and has
been quite an experience.

I recommend doing a retreat once a year or so.....
hepaby!

beyondchaosmagick.wordpress.com <-- journal
thehollowones.wordpress.com <--collective