Author Topic: 2 questions about chi  (Read 3796 times)

September 30, 2011, 11:27:29 AM
Read 3796 times

Naktibalda

• View Profile
Hey all, Im new.

Two questions regarding "chi" (or however you call it)

1.) Is your chi really "yours"?
-- Ive found that chi makes you feel amazing and gives you personal power to manifest your own reality. But ive also observed that it can be transfered from person to person. Recently Ive had large amounts of chi suddenly leave me and go to a person near by. That person then becomes noticeably more confident/alive/vibrant, and I feel much worse and much more suceptible to noisy thoughts etc. I dont like how it seems to be another thing to have possesion of. One more thing that the ego might endlessly desire more of.

2.) Are there well known techniques for removing chi from your head?
-- I know its all intention in the end. But techniques can be helpful as tools/metaphors for learning to manipulate your intent. For some reason chi seems to be continually accumulating in my head. This can lead to some very intense experiences, but it often stagnates and causes a mental daze/trance/inability to think clearly/lowered overall awareness. This state sucks. Sending it into the lower body seems to be key, but its difficult as the chi feels tightly wrapped up in my head.  Does anybody have similar experiences or nice way of dealing with this?

Thanks for advice bros

September 30, 2011, 03:59:42 PM
Reply #1

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
How do you know there's chi leaving you or that there is chi in your head? Explain that and I'll help you further.

October 01, 2011, 03:05:41 AM
Reply #2

Naktibalda

• View Profile
Chi Leaving: Someone will come close to me and I feel a connection with them. I normally feel it flow out of my lower chest/belly area. A sense of well being flows out of me and flows into that person. I feel the chi wanting to leave me and go to the other person. However, if the chi is in the proper "organization/structure/setup" I.e. nicely circulating in my lower body, I dont feel this potential to flow into other people. I think it might have to do with fear.

Stagnant Chi in head: It feels like all my awareness is focused on the volume of my head. I try to expand this to my entire body, but the rest of the body feels very far off and "imagined". The chi feels like a pressure in my head. It closes my awareness and only allows me to focus on simple things. It is a peaceful feeling, but I feel dumb. I have successfully concentrated the "stagnant chi" to the back of my head (where the skull meets the spine) or the front of the head, and at those times I've had extreme* clarity. I was able to see the stagnant chi for what it was...---I saw that the stagnant chi was the source of most of my fears. When isolating the chi in those areas I was able to deal with personal fears much easier (very easily), but it always felt like I was holding my breath... inevitably the chi returns to its place within the head and the fears and unclarity return. Those times were llike "satorinis" and I saw what is possible, but achieving that state consistently is difficult.

Thanks

October 01, 2011, 11:06:39 AM
Reply #3

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
1) Is your breath really yours? Is the water circulating through your body really yours? Is your blood really yours? Are your organs really yours?

2) Circulate the chi. Feel the buildup of chi, and start trying to get it to circulate out of your head. Relax, close your eyes, it might help to meditate first on your torso and get that energy circulating and then direct the flow up, and through, and down from your head and bringing the excess along the way; this way, if you are actually suffering from a lack of chi in your head region, as that is what the symptoms make it sound like, you could take care of that as well. Either way, circulating the chi throughout your body helps to balance regardless of which problem it is.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

October 01, 2011, 02:39:47 PM
Reply #4

Fluidz

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Well..I mean reading what you posted- I'm confused. So to clarify how often does #1 happen. As to #2, when you say stuck in your head- meaning what, do you get dizzy, collapse slightly, etc. Further what do you define as "stagnant" qi, cause what your talking about is very confusing- your talking subjective things over objective. Cause by focusing on the qi in that area, your probably MAKING it stagnant. (So your communication isn't clear)

Objectively qi stagnation is with physical symptoms, do you have headaches, nausea, pain, discomfort etc. Subjectively is how you feel in emotions and such- however "fear' is very general- what type of fear: anxiety, fear-fear, worry, anger, over-joy. Those are at least more descriptive.

October 02, 2011, 07:42:51 PM
Reply #5

Naktibalda

• View Profile

Well..I mean reading what you posted- I'm confused. So to clarify how often does #1 happen. As to #2, when you say stuck in your head- meaning what, do you get dizzy, collapse slightly, etc. Further what do you define as "stagnant" qi, cause what your talking about is very confusing- your talking subjective things over objective. Cause by focusing on the qi in that area, your probably MAKING it stagnant. (So your communication isn't clear)

Objectively qi stagnation is with physical symptoms, do you have headaches, nausea, pain, discomfort etc. Subjectively is how you feel in emotions and such- however "fear' is very general- what type of fear: anxiety, fear-fear, worry, anger, over-joy. Those are at least more descriptive.

Large chi transfers have been happening more or less randomly, it has to do with the situation and the people I am with. For what its worth i've been noticing them about once or twice every two weeks. What I call stagnant chi happens when chi flowing through the head leads to drastic mental dulling. When it first starts flowing in the head it feels great. Most senses become noticeably more alive and vibrant-- the world is much more beautiful. You can view things impartially without mental labeling. The potential for great creativity exists. However, clarity often decreases over time in this state. It becomes more and more "trancelike" -- mental processes become slow/sluggish. The initial sharpness and vibrancy blurs and dulls. Ive been able to "force" the chi into different areas of the brain and at those times the clarity returns. Trying to get the chi to move into the lower body has not been straightforward. However, there have been times when my body was "full" of chi and my head was seemingly devoid of it and those were the most profitable experiences--highest clarity/lack of fear/strength of peace. Im trying to develop the ability to access that state in a controlled way. Thanks for the input

October 03, 2011, 03:52:50 AM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Hey all, Im new.

Two questions regarding "chi" (or however you call it)

1.) Is your chi really "yours"?
-- Ive found that chi makes you feel amazing and gives you personal power to manifest your own reality. But ive also observed that it can be transfered from person to person.

Chi comes from universal source (Outer Chi) which gets into our system (Inner Chi). Chi still circulates in and out. Sometimes it gets blocked and that's when we get ill.

Recently Ive had large amounts of chi suddenly leave me and go to a person near by. That person then becomes noticeably more confident/alive/vibrant, and I feel much worse and much more suceptible to noisy thoughts etc.

I see you are a submissive person when it comes to energy.
Energy transmission happens all the time with all people and animals around us. The whole environment is communicating with energy transmission.
People we usually meet eg in public transport likes to drain energy and put their negativity on you. It really happens on the time and winner is always the one being more dominant.
I usually use affirmation. "I don't send energy, I receive it" is a good one and helped me a couple of times.
It would be also good for you to learn some Aura Lock or some similar technique if you don't want to get drained every time you meet someone.

I dont like how it seems to be another thing to have possesion of. One more thing that the ego might endlessly desire more of.
It's easy to lose balance and fall from the top when you are on the edge, but the balance is what really gives us powers, the fall is when we lose them.
[/quote]

-- I know its all intention in the end. But techniques can be helpful as tools/metaphors for learning to manipulate your intent. For some reason chi seems to be continually accumulating in my head. This can lead to some very intense experiences, but it often stagnates and causes a mental daze/trance/inability to think clearly/lowered overall awareness. This state sucks. Sending it into the lower body seems to be key, but its difficult as the chi feels tightly wrapped up in my head.  Does anybody have similar experiences or nice way of dealing with this?
[/quote]

Accumulating energy in specific body part is not bad itself, but stagnation that can occur is bad. Simplest way is to distribute the stagnated energy across the whole body so you can get to balance more quickly. It comes with visualization and intention. Easiest is to distribute the feeling you have in your head to the whole body.
Still, you should study QiGong as it is the best system for energy manipulation.

October 03, 2011, 08:39:35 PM
Reply #7

Naktibalda

• View Profile

Energy transmission happens all the time with all people and animals around us. The whole environment is communicating with energy transmission.
People we usually meet eg in public transport likes to drain energy and put their negativity on you. It really happens on the time and winner is always the one being more dominant.
I usually use affirmation. "I don't send energy, I receive it" is a good one and helped me a couple of times.
It would be also good for you to learn some Aura Lock or some similar technique if you don't want to get drained every time you meet someone.

I see what you mean and have observed that as well. Affirmations have proven useful in the past for me, but I feel that it is still a "weak form". Did bhudda use affirmations to avoid negativity? I feel there is a more fundamental means of dealing with this issue. A way of achieving immunity. I will stay open minded-- what works, works... But it seems there are deeper roots.

Thanks for the replies

October 04, 2011, 02:48:45 AM
Reply #8

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

I see what you mean and have observed that as well. Affirmations have proven useful in the past for me, but I feel that it is still a "weak form". Did bhudda use affirmations to avoid negativity? I feel there is a more fundamental means of dealing with this issue. A way of achieving immunity. I will stay open minded-- what works, works... But it seems there are deeper roots.

Thanks for the replies

I believe Buddha used something very similar to affirmations, he was making his path.

October 05, 2011, 03:06:35 PM
Reply #9

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I would suggest looking into the Microcosmic orbit circulation.

When done right it will very easily move stagnant qi, particularly qi in the head, since it is along the pathways of dumei and renmei (governor and conception meridians).

Look into the exercise here:

http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,10188.0.html

It is probably safe to do, regardless of the warnings (there for the sake of absolute beginners).

There is more information in 'The Secret of the Golden Flower', although cryptic.

Please consider that some of what you are experiencing may in fact be placebo- it may not be actually happening (the qi leaving the body and going to others). In a qigong sense, one's personal qi of the body is considered sacred, and also considered VERY difficult to manipulate outside your own body, and in most people is also generally weak (this is why internal stylists develop a different, refined force that is more powerful in affecting others - jing).

I would suggest looking into your own psyche and determining whether this phenomena you claim is delusion, subconscious, wishful thinking, or actually happening beyond your control (no offense). Introspection, contemplation, and really looking at if it is happening and if it is, why, is the key to this. I would suggest practicing some self hypnosis to connect with the subconscious to determine this, in addition to the microcosmic orbit, which should help a LOT if there is stagnant qi in the head. Another possiblity that is very real and that any accupuncturist or TCM doctor would probably tell you, is that this stagnant qi in the head could be causing qigong disease, delusion of the other effects happening, as too much stagnant qi (especially in the head) is known to cause psychosis.

All due respect, keep in mind this is solely to help you, not to accuse you of anything.

Hope this helps.

~Kouji

EDIT: I forgot something. As far as Self Hypnosis, check http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=10187 for detailed instructions on effective Self Affirmation. In your meditation and contemplation, upon reaching a hypnotized state, you may also 'ask' your subconscious questions, be still and wait for any insight you receive.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:12:08 PM by Koujiryuu »
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

October 07, 2011, 12:45:36 PM
Reply #10

Naktibalda

• View Profile
Thanks Koujiryuu, I will try the microcosmic orbit. Distinguishing what is real and what is imagined is always of utmost importance. Subjective experiences which produce repeatable objective results is the criterion I use to minimize limiting beliefs. Open minded skepticism and lots and lots of personal data collection.

Another question:
Is there a reason why chi would prefer to reside in the head? I can concentrate it in the lower dantian for a while, but it seems to naturally rise back into the head. Maybe its just an unconscious old habit, or maybe its being driven up there.. Any ideas?

October 08, 2011, 06:18:56 PM
Reply #11

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Another question:
Is there a reason why chi would prefer to reside in the head? I can concentrate it in the lower dantian for a while, but it seems to naturally rise back into the head. Maybe its just an unconscious old habit, or maybe its being driven up there.. Any ideas?

Imho and ime;

Chi is energy which facilitates the flow of all energies through the subtle energy body and the physical body organs. As it flows through the body it cultivates diverse energies which are more noble than the basic Hermetic elements or tattwas. Each stone or greater energy centre cultivates the reciprocal energy in a more noble form within its core.

The three primary stones are on the physical body.Each has a principle tan tien or wick which is like a river which runs through a mountain refreshing and sustaining vitality within the physical organs while affording powers beyond the physical.

platinum blue,indigo, to purple head water MoonStone
golden Upper/female Tan Tien Treasure Shen Noble Fire Clairvoyance

pale to bright yellow chest fire   SunStone
white to pale blue to bright silver blue Middle Tan Tien Treasure Chi Noble Water Flow

salmon red to rose to ruby belly earth  EarthStone
olive to chartreuse to emerald green Lower/Male Tan Tien Treasure Ching Noble Air Power

Typically the Sunstone treasure is cultivated first and this precipitates further enlightenment of the body. Each event heralds the coming of subsequent activity in the human energy body as the body fills with light and is raised in vibration. The fire of the sunstone will then flow upward like a volcano in diverse eruptions. A cobra is said to entwine the heart of the mystic 3 and a half times. When it is awakened it rises like the cobra before it not as fire rushing up the spine in the well known kundalini flame but as flow from the chest to the head. These events enkindle a flame deep within the watery energy centres at the core.

The head or moonstone is basically water. The female or upper tan tien is a wick of energy carrying chi from the chest or sunstone to the feed the third eye and cultivate its treasure. The treasure of the upper tan tien is a noble fire which is called Shen. Until Shen is cultivated there can be no clairvoyant sight at will. And so chi will flow naturally upwards to the head when the path is prepared.

Then when the aspirant attains trance they may use yogic locks, will and intention to draw energy from the heart to the brow to rekindle that flame like a lantern in the inner mind. This tuning in switches on the inner sight so that clairvoyance is greatly improved during that session in trance.

Methods to facilitate this upward flow of chi to enkindle shen include;
*sitting in daily meditation
*learning to attain trance

*And importantly developing control of flow through yoga especially the utilisation of locks to push energy upward from the perineum to the heart and from the heart to the head. The ching mixed with chi cultivates a superior
Shen.

When the superior shen is cultivated then this begins to spill out of the crown. It flows upward out of the crown and will fill a supernal stone called the heavenstone which is mainly air energy. The core of that Heaven Stone energy centre is ruby earth and its treasure has been called the philosopher stone or xie which is gratitude.

chartreuse to green to emerald green supernal air HeavenStone
salmon red to red to ruby  supernal Tan Tien Treasure Xie Noble Earth Ascension , Manifestation, Gratitude

It affords ascension of vibration. It is manifestation energy and in its superior form can be a mix of the most noble, ching, chi and shen. Its superior form is like a nobler akasha and it hints at what might be attained in further progress and development.  It will lift the aspirant from the body to attain Unio Mystica/Kether/Samadhi. Here the aspirant can attain connection with the highest of the selves the God I Am within all lifeforms, and the human can visit, for a time, the Godhead. But this superior form is not long lasting. It is fleeting and is most easily attained during kundalini events. It is believed by some that an avatar is able to spend thier life in this higher state of consciousness. Kabballah lore calls this state walking in Kether.

.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~

November 10, 2011, 12:15:05 AM
Reply #12

Valdur

• Settling In

• View Profile

Thanks for advice bros

I'm pretty sure I know what you're going through... Experiences that could be described similarly led me to seek answers in the mystical myself...

A few things that have helped me have been:

A) The regular practice of Hatha Yoga.

B) Adoption of a healthier diet. Most importantly avoiding too much salt, sugar or stimulants.

C) Wearing clothes that are loose enough to allow for good circulation. (Some theories would link ki flow to blood flow.)

D) Certain types of meditations, most specifically a 61 point tibetan yoga technique designed for relaxation  http://www.swamij.com/online61.htm http://www.mind-energy.net/uploads/61points.gif and your basic void meditations where the mind is held in perfect silence.

All of these things should allow your ki to flow more easily and more naturally with the Meditations described in D being particularly good for grounding in general.

In Farther Shores, Yvonne Kason devotes a large part of the book to understanding and intervening in Spiritually Transformative Experiences.[73] She covers a number of factors, including who has spiritual emergencies and why.[74] Kason then offers up a number of strategies for living with spiritual transformation. Central to these is a balanced lifestyle.
The following is her 10-point Basics of a Balanced Lifestyle:
Develop and stick to a regular routine have regular rising, bed, and meal times and set aside regular periods each week for exercise.
Get plenty of sleep and rest and set aside regular times for daily relaxation and weekly recreation.
Do not skip meals. Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet. You don't need to deprive yourself of occasional treats, but avoid junk foods in general.
Keep the amount of stress and hectic activity to a minimum.
Communicate and share your thoughts and feelings with a supportive person daily, or as often as possible.
Keep your sex life moderate, and pay attention to your body if it seems to be telling you to cut down.
Spend time in nature; get plenty of natural daylight.
Avoid toxins and self-destructive habits such as smoking and drugs; keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.
Get regular physical exercise, at least two or three times a week.
Spend a moderate amount of time each day in meditation, prayer, and/or a spiritual practice.[75]
Kason also offers up a long list (26 items) of grounding strategies, including, 1. Stop meditating. 2. Decrease all forms of concentration... 22. Visualize your energies withdrawing from your head region, moving down the base of your spine, and staying there... [76]
taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini_syndrome#cite_ref-75

November 26, 2011, 03:25:14 AM
Reply #13

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Good post Valdur. Channeling the Chi to improve clairvoyance is only one choice. I neglected to think that grounding is another valid choice. Use it now or use it later...as you will. Thank you. 
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~