Author Topic: 10 days left people  (Read 8770 times)

October 02, 2011, 03:58:42 PM
Reply #30

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
i really didnt think you'd do it. why? why would you say anything bad about one piece?
one piece so so completely and utterly awsome, because it's really simple.
an idiot wants something, but cant do it alone, and so his friends help him achieve his dream. how can u have anything bad to say about that?

October 02, 2011, 04:24:21 PM
Reply #31

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
an idiot wants something, but cant do it alone, and so his friends help him achieve his dream.

The biggest plot devices used in this story are as I said: Power of Friendship, Deus Ex Machina (it is statistically improbable, even in their reality, that the main character would have lived past episode 30. There are in excess of 500 episodes of the damned show), and a big fat Macguffin (some object that is relatively vague that people want for some obscure reason).

How is that good writing?

I made an honest attempt to watch that show once, I will never attempt to do so again. After the hundredth episode I started bleeding from the nose, eyes, ears, and mouth as my brain started punching itself in attempt to euthanize itself.

I only managed to play through one and a half routes on Fate/Stay because Emiya Shiro was even dumber than Luffy. Shiro is much less unbearable in the anime adaptation, but I still think that man who adopted him should have just kept on walking when he found Shiro lying near death in the middle of a burning city.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:32:31 PM by Mindlessinvalid »
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

October 04, 2011, 09:48:42 AM
Reply #32

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
Wow, my first smite victim.

I will try to use my skills in psionics to aid you.
...perhaps contact Disney World and one of the employees will assist you.
I also think it wouldn't be a bad idea to check how long your tickets are redeemable, especially before making a large purchase.

I guess we are not only a Psionics/Magick/Related stuff site, but also a food site, and now a Disney customer service site. Haha, does anyone ever read anything before creating an account?
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

October 04, 2011, 10:00:34 AM
Reply #33

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

I doubt you could use 2 years old ticket

October 04, 2011, 10:35:36 AM
Reply #34

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I have only this to say:

October 04, 2011, 10:38:59 AM
Reply #35

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I have only this to say:

Nah, it's not so big deal, we are in cafeteria, after all. Having this post on psionics or magick forum would be different coffee.

October 04, 2011, 12:53:18 PM
Reply #36

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I lost 2 karma points when I wasn't looking. I don't think I've made any rude posts outside of the cafeteria since yesterday...

Must be because someone's holding a grudge.

October 04, 2011, 01:03:55 PM
Reply #37

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I
I lost 2 karma points when I wasn't looking. I don't think I've made any rude posts outside of the cafeteria since yesterday...

Must be because someone's holding a grudge.

I just gave you +1 to prove it's not me... And also to help you get out of red :)

October 06, 2011, 06:18:09 PM
Reply #38

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
as for bleach, in the manga the author is reverting it into a mystery, with 7 foot long kitchen knives. i like it

The Persona 4 animation is out, and it (unlike bleach) IS a mystery with 7 foot kitchen knifes (or rather a 7 foot long naginata with a giant  sized combat knife for the blade.).

The fighting is good (from what I can tell of the first episode) and it actually has a plot (I should know, I've beaten the game twice).

The last scene was a fight scene (the only one in the first episode) and it made my day. I was hit with a veritable brick wall of nostalgia.

It reminded me of the tutorial fight from the game, but it made it new and it was pure eye candy.

There's some symbolism in the main character (Yu narukami) unbuttoning his jacket, and it makes the scene all the more satisfying. If the first episode hadn't been a summary of the first 20 minutes of the game to introduce the story, I'd have enjoyed it more. Still, I'm glad this happened.

I can't wait until the rest of the initial cast get their personas. With the fight scenes being so awesome, I can't wait to see what they'll do with them.

Also Shouji Meguro is doing the music, so the soundtrack is like sex for your ears.