Author Topic: 10 days left people  (Read 8670 times)

September 21, 2011, 11:18:00 AM
Reply #15

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
Actually, I wonder what my last thought would be if we actually got hit by an asteroid. Knowing me, 'twould probably be something pointless - I'm not sure whether I want to die when the last thing I've thought was "well shit, it appears my hard drive has totally crapped itself".

I was excited when I read this beause i instantly interpeted this meaning some sort of shift in energy.

It seems I was correct.

Seems? It's not the 26th yet.

(Also, 'getting hit by an asteroid' == 'some sort of shift in energy'? Well, I suppose that's a way of looking at it...)

September 21, 2011, 07:47:29 PM
Reply #16

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
It's a shift of the kinetic energy from the meteor (it's not an astroid if it's in our atmosphere) into our fragile meaty frames and the ground upon wheich we stand.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

September 21, 2011, 09:49:55 PM
Reply #17

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
I was poking fun back because I thought you were poking fun....

this has suddenly got very awkward....
I thought so, the clue that it was a joke was that you said psychology majors, and not doctors, but I stick to my "so very dense" defense all the way. :D
And how!

September 26, 2011, 03:15:28 PM
Reply #18

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
i feel like i caused the awkwardness in some way...
and YES my first thread with more than one page
and i dont think it hits the earth, and officially, it passed us, cuz it's the 27th

September 26, 2011, 04:03:21 PM
Reply #19

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
Aura- I know know why my son had his 7 ft zonpackuto/bankai swore out last night
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

September 26, 2011, 05:58:00 PM
Reply #20

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
Aura- I know know why my son had his 7 ft zonpackuto/bankai swore out last night

He appears to be on the ball. :)

The only time I pull out my 7 ft sword is when I need to use the restroom.

....oh yes, I went there.
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

September 26, 2011, 10:45:18 PM
Reply #21

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Oh dear god I just had an anurism...

ChezNips son like Bleach?!?!?!?

Ewwww... OH GOD!!!!

That series has been ruined for the last 27 and a 1/2 seasons.

That is to say only the first half of the first season was any good.

Only in Shounen anime (anime aimed at boys age 12-17) can a 15 year old ginger can get stabbed through the heart by 75 year old jailbait and then wield a 7 foot kitchen knife wrapped in linen and then turn it into a normal sized sword that makes him faster than mach 10 so he can rescue said jailbait then later find out he was manipulated by a sociopath who can control all five senses of his opponents if they look at his sword when it's transformed. Then having to fight mindless masked creatures that were originally cannon fodder but because of some asshattery on the part of the sociopath, they became self ware and had the combat capacity of a heavy tank each (relative to the other characters who have that same level of strength relative to normal people). Then having to fight the sociopath who later becomes god, and then getting stuck in between dimensions for 10 years (10 minutes everywhere else) and in the final confrontation beats the sociopath god person by becoming an even BIGGER god and the loses all of his abilities because he's a total ponce.

~a summary of the entire first 26 seasons.

September 26, 2011, 11:17:22 PM
Reply #22

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Yeah. As far as Shounen go, that's actually quite good. You want bad Shounen? Consider reading something retarded like 666 Satan (Or O-Parts-Hunter, as it is also apparently called). Or worse, D.Gray-Man.
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

September 27, 2011, 10:18:39 AM
Reply #23

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
D.Gray man may have been lacking in intelligibility and self restraint in the story category, but it was more than entertaining to watch.

Bleach was only supposed to go for 3 seasons but the mangaka in charge of authoring the graphic novel got drafted into a (possibly) indefinite contract.

You want bad Shounen? Fairy Tail.

The only redeeming grace is the music (which is freaking awesome pan-celtic metal fusion).

It's like watching the love-child of harry potter and dragon ball z playing bagpipes at a power metal concert.

I watch it religiously because it's so freaking terrible that I can't tear my eyes away from it.

September 30, 2011, 03:27:25 PM
Reply #24

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
im a manga person myself, and so cant judge the anime, but i liked all of the sries above. except D.Gray man, that just makes my brain bleed from the confusion.
as for bleach, in the manga the author is reverting it into a mystery, with 7 foot long kitchen knives. i like it
my fav is One piece :D
while were talking about favourates (?) my favourate movie is a beautiful mind, a feel good pump if there ever was one. that should also answer my favourate (?) series.

September 30, 2011, 03:35:01 PM
Reply #25

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I went back and caught myself up on the most recent arc of bleach so I could honestly refute the ensuing idiocy of someone trying to defend it.

It's not turning into a mystery, there was a minor M. Night Shallaman style hiccup in an otherwise sterotypical shounen plot.

September 30, 2011, 05:41:10 PM
Reply #26

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
i defend my point of liking it with emphasis on me not knowing who M night shallaman is.
also, i really do like it, they pose a lot in it.

October 02, 2011, 12:21:22 PM
Reply #27

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Tite kubo isn't writing a mystery, he's throwing ink at a sheet of paper and then shouting out "WHAT A TWIST!"

This isn't really his fault though, corporate circumstances with his publishers basically forced him to give up any semblance of thought or plot to his work.

Getting fired as a Mangaka is lethal. It's supposed near impossible to get back into the industry once your contract terminated prematurely.

I read some of the interviews he had with some journalists and bloggers, and what he had planned for bleach and what it is now are incredibly different.

October 02, 2011, 01:24:22 PM
Reply #28

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
dont care, bleach is still a lot of fun because more or less EVERYONE has a sword.
wait, ur non going to critisize one piece next are you? growl

October 02, 2011, 03:42:33 PM
Reply #29

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Don't you ever say that name, ever.

There are very few Shounen anime that appeal to my sense of aesthetics, but because of this I detach my personal enjoyment of an anime from my analysis of its worth.

I can't be totally impartial, but I do make an attempt to only judge on more or less universal criteria.

Is the Main character an Idiot? if yes, then is his idiocy social or intellectual (or both)?

How many clichés are blatantly obvious vs subverted or subtle clichés?

Is the main plot based around some obscure object or goal, or does it follow a more concrete route?

How many characters can destroy a city by sneezing? (the more of these the more likely an anime is to be utter shit)

How many instances of Deus Ex Machina and/or shoehorning are there?

Do you need a 500 page glossary to start watching the show in the middle of an ongoing season?

Are there harems?

Does the main character do things for their "nakama" or do they have more complex motives?

One Piece is an abomination strung together from "power of friendship", Deus Ex Machina, and Mental Retardation about some idiots chasing a pot of gold.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:51:43 PM by Mindlessinvalid »