Author Topic: Returns at the bottom of a post.  (Read 2154 times)

September 12, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Read 2154 times

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm using Firefox and having a bit of an issue with returns showing up at the bottom of my posts.

It usually happens in posts where I quote somebody- I'll copy and paste their text, put it in quote tags and even though I didn't "copy" a return, I end up getting 4-5 returns at the very end of my post.

It's a minor annoyance because there's a bunch of blank space after everything I say, and usually I have to edit it afterward and backspace them out.

Any solution to this issue?
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

September 13, 2011, 03:01:57 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Try using quote button on messages you want to quote. If problem persists, tell me the exact version of Firefox you are using. I don't seem to have the same problem on Firefox/3.6.22

September 15, 2011, 11:58:15 AM
Reply #2

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
Using Firefox 5.0

I had 3.6.x until I upgraded to this to try and solve a different problem (it sucks).

I also noticed there's a new "Edit" button (the pen/paper icon on the far right) that gets inserted at the bottom of your post, I'm wondering if maybe the post form automatically generates returns at the bottom of a post as a spacer to allow the icon to show while not being overlapped by text, or something similar. However, it seems other people get 1 or 2 returns, whereas I usually end up with 5+

Thanks.
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

September 15, 2011, 12:04:15 PM
Reply #3

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
If the problem persists, you might want to try upgrading to 6.0.2. *uses that version, and doesn't have any problems* 'tis the latest stable release.