Author Topic: Just let it all out.  (Read 12043 times)

June 21, 2011, 01:18:16 PM
Reply #15

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
This is highschool. Thank you Searching.

In that case I would like to strongly reiterate the suggestion to forget about it, and if shit happens, leave. Most high schools don't look favorably on violence or fights, usually suspending or expelling both parties. They are usually indifferent to harassment or bullying, and don't pay attention unless there is a fight, in which case there is that punishment.

If your harassers don't care, then it won't bother them. If they have money, then it won't hurt their plans. Meaning the only person who loses is you.

But that's just from my experience with a large, underfunded public school is a bad neighborhood.

Best thing to do is to find what you like, do what you love, and only associate with people who share your passion. If there aren't, keep your head down, just get good grades, try to join some kind of extracurriculars, and get out. I didn't find any really good, worthwhile friends and didn't find any group to hang out with in terms of extracurriculars until the end of junior year. And some people never find any worthwhile people in high school.

Just do what you gotta do and get out.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

December 21, 2013, 06:00:07 PM
Reply #16

Noctus

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Mad
    • View Profile
I hate how so much of the American (meaning U.S.) society has degenerated into overweight, complaining, numbminded slaves to their own country. They gorge themselves, they sue McDonalds because they chose to eat there. The government is so corrupt, I don't even know where to begin. They want, want, want and spend, spend, spend. The way it drags our economy down so hard. We don't need all of the pointless stuff we're buying. I especially hate the fact that junkies can claim disability. That REALLY grinds my gears!! It's even more wasteful than not recycling! Atleast in my opinion! I bet we could go into Isolated recovery for five years and come out with a healthier, wealthier society, even pay atleast half our debt to china (if we can stop buying crap from them!!) Yes I am very politically angry! :teethy: :mad:
Understanding is a power all on its own...

December 24, 2013, 02:45:04 AM
Reply #17

Mars

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Radonis
    • View Profile
I like the massive 2 year necropost.
Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -CS Lewis
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body. - Marcus T Cicero

December 23, 2014, 01:28:55 PM
Reply #18

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
One year later...
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
 I know lots of shows and movies say that, but for me, it's true.
Elementalism shall soon be my practice. When I turn 18 in 2 1/2 years and can get the hell away from my evil mother.

July 23, 2015, 10:00:42 PM
Reply #19

Messiaen

• Settling In

• View Profile
What annoys me the most are the idiots who try to be smart asses and tell you how experienced they are while they actually got no clue and then call you immature. It happened here a few times already in the forums and pretty much in real life, but I don't really react to it because then I would set my level to theirs and even prove their point. (lol'd especially at the people telling me how PDFs work and how ppl can include viruses in it etc. while they actually got no idea how executables are even bound in PDFs or completely forget the fact that the user is asked before any executable is executed on the PDF.)

August 20, 2015, 01:30:30 AM
Reply #20

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What annoys me the most are the idiots who try to be smart asses and tell you how experienced they are while they actually got no clue and then call you immature. It happened here a few times already in the forums and pretty much in real life, but I don't really react to it because then I would set my level to theirs and even prove their point. (lol'd especially at the people telling me how PDFs work and how ppl can include viruses in it etc. while they actually got no idea how executables are even bound in PDFs or completely forget the fact that the user is asked before any executable is executed on the PDF.)

Sorry, but what? Dude, that PDF needs a PDF reader to be read, and if there is a bug in the reader that allows you to run a payload via e.g. a buffer-overflow, then it's not so hard to modify PDF to run something :D. But whatever, sorry that it bothered you.

P.S. This isn't about PDF, but about MP3: https://www.corelan.be/index.php/2009/07/19/exploit-writing-tutorial-part-1-stack-based-overflows/

December 31, 2015, 10:08:36 PM
Reply #21

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
Happy New Year! :-D
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
 I know lots of shows and movies say that, but for me, it's true.
Elementalism shall soon be my practice. When I turn 18 in 2 1/2 years and can get the hell away from my evil mother.