Author Topic: Just let it all out.  (Read 12867 times)

June 16, 2011, 03:54:56 PM
Read 12867 times

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
After lurking for a while, and reading ALOT of threads here, I've decided to make this thread. I know that alot of you guys come here to calm down and such, and you do it by venting unnecessarily in some threads. So just vent here if you want, or if this thread is unnecessary, please take it off.
I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
 I know lots of shows and movies say that, but for me, it's true.
Elementalism shall soon be my practice. When I turn 18 in 2 1/2 years and can get the hell away from my evil mother.

June 16, 2011, 04:11:36 PM
Reply #1

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I understand that the US wants to hold its politicians to high standards, but I hate that we pretty much boot people out of office every time a personal scandal comes to light. We lose some pretty promising politicians because of that shit. Also, I'm irritated with The Green Lantern's hype. This pretty much sums up my feelings on the hype surrounding that particular movie.
“I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.”

June 16, 2011, 10:02:21 PM
Reply #2

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
Everyday I see how more and more people get screwed over in different ways. A lot the things I see are in how college students get gouged on not only tuition, but in a variety of other ways. 1st year students are often required to live on campus, in a tiny dorm that is not only more costly as an off campus apartment, but is often smaller and has fewer amenities and freedoms.

Textbooks are published and update once every couple of years. This adds more cost for the student. Students often try to sell back books and get some of their money back, when they are often lucky to get even half back. When the book changes, the value of that textbook becomes immaterial, preventing students from returning such books. There are two options for voicing complaints: 1) To the university - which may eventually help, or 2) To the publishing company: The problem of course is the relatively monopolistic market structure as the publisher you would complaining to would be McGraw-Hill and since they're the only show in town, what do you think they will tell you?

I heard a new one today. An apartment complex at a college town had a price that most people pay, and a price for college students. Basically, the non-student price was $160 less per month. If a landlord prices at cost, then they get a hefty tax break. However, this particular state (or maybe city) will not allow this for college students. Why do you suppose this is? To discourage students from getting an apartment and encourage them to get stuck in a dorm, thus fewer tax breaks given, therefore more money for the government.

We can also talk about grants. Grants are given for a variety of situations, however it's very common for non-traditional students to get grants. While it is good that it helps people who are older go back to school, the large student base that are recent high school graduates will not benefit.

Students sometimes don't even get enough loans to cover their tuition at times, so they have to have their parents take out a loan. I got stuck in this boat one semester and my parents barely agreed to it. The loan was stuck in their name and couldn't be changed to mine. I paid all of it off, the full $3,000, however my credit will never be positively affected. In fact, a lot of things I have paid on will not have a positive effect on my credit because they have been in my parents name. They will benefit as it will appear that they have paid for these things. This is how expenses get masked for students.

If people defaulting on housing loans was a problem that contributed to the recession, what do you think will be the next wave? People defaulting on student loans.

I know that some of these are a result of cause and effect and can't be easily remedied no matter what, but there is also a certain degree of foul play that occurs as well. College used to be cheap. The idea initially was to further your education and give back to the community later on. Now that tuition is so high, who in their right mind will ever be giving back?

*storms away on a random horse*

Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

June 17, 2011, 09:05:45 AM
Reply #3

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
*rides in on slepnir*

Washington state legislation follows two systems that follow different paradigms and both cause a wedge to be shoved in the idealogical cracks in this state.

We follow the very democratic "initiative system" where the people with the highest dexterity modifier tend to go firs-

Oops wrong initiative system....

The washington state legislative initiative system is the MOST democratic process in the entire country. It's the only thing that actually even slightly resembles a real democracy. It's also very flawed, and I can't imagine WHY anyone would actually WANT democracy having lived in a state where a good portion of our laws are passed democratically instead of from a senatorial system where only the elite get to vote.

We get these damned things in waves, every 2 months there's another batch of naysayers and fundies trying to start initiatives to ban things that either no-one cares about or are demonized for the sake of some agenda.

The initiative system has ruined honest businesses because anyone can start an initiative if they have enough signatures and are above the age of majority.

"Anyone" includes people not from this state, people who hold state or federal offices, people who are clearly part of a major religious organization, and those things that call themselves the westboro baptist church.

If the Initiative passes (and ANYTHING can be made an initiative)then it's a state law. There aren't all that many restrictions on the system, but it's being abused more and more.

There's a lobbyist who comes up from california every 4 months to start a batch of initiatives and then collects fund raising money on it. As long as he puts a certain amount of those gains into the campaign he's lobbying for, he's allowed to pocket some of it. The crazy thing is that even without the fraudulent book keeping he's been doing, he still takes home an inordinate amount of cash.

Can someone from another state or maybe a strong European nation please declare war on us? I wouldn't mind having our state become a territory of some other country provided we had basic rights and a zero tolerance policy for Initiative based voting.

*rides off on slepnir*
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

June 17, 2011, 11:17:22 AM
Reply #4

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Everyday I see how more and more people get screwed over in different ways. A lot the things I see are in how college students get gouged on not only tuition, but in a variety of other ways. 1st year students are often required to live on campus, in a tiny dorm that is not only more costly as an off campus apartment, but is often smaller and has fewer amenities and freedoms.

Textbooks are published and update once every couple of years. This adds more cost for the student. Students often try to sell back books and get some of their money back, when they are often lucky to get even half back. When the book changes, the value of that textbook becomes immaterial, preventing students from returning such books. There are two options for voicing complaints: 1) To the university - which may eventually help, or 2) To the publishing company: The problem of course is the relatively monopolistic market structure as the publisher you would complaining to would be McGraw-Hill and since they're the only show in town, what do you think they will tell you?

I heard a new one today. An apartment complex at a college town had a price that most people pay, and a price for college students. Basically, the non-student price was $160 less per month. If a landlord prices at cost, then they get a hefty tax break. However, this particular state (or maybe city) will not allow this for college students. Why do you suppose this is? To discourage students from getting an apartment and encourage them to get stuck in a dorm, thus fewer tax breaks given, therefore more money for the government.

We can also talk about grants. Grants are given for a variety of situations, however it's very common for non-traditional students to get grants. While it is good that it helps people who are older go back to school, the large student base that are recent high school graduates will not benefit.

Students sometimes don't even get enough loans to cover their tuition at times, so they have to have their parents take out a loan. I got stuck in this boat one semester and my parents barely agreed to it. The loan was stuck in their name and couldn't be changed to mine. I paid all of it off, the full $3,000, however my credit will never be positively affected. In fact, a lot of things I have paid on will not have a positive effect on my credit because they have been in my parents name. They will benefit as it will appear that they have paid for these things. This is how expenses get masked for students.

If people defaulting on housing loans was a problem that contributed to the recession, what do you think will be the next wave? People defaulting on student loans.

I know that some of these are a result of cause and effect and can't be easily remedied no matter what, but there is also a certain degree of foul play that occurs as well. College used to be cheap. The idea initially was to further your education and give back to the community later on. Now that tuition is so high, who in their right mind will ever be giving back?

*storms away on a random horse*

Amen to that. Which is why instead of supporting the community I plan to destroy it and build it in my image Dr. Von Beehe mad scientist extrodinar XD

No really I hate the job I work currently and am actually contemplating joining the military again because out of the few jobs I have worked so far I enjoyed the military better because I get paid better with health benefits. And I could pay for college easier but it would take longer because I work hell of a lot of hours while I was in the military.
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

June 17, 2011, 12:42:22 PM
Reply #5

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
Nice, I like this . . . . now onto my vent.

It pisses me of that everybody pushes me around, beats me, lies about me, scapegoats me for crap, and everything else that usually happens more widespread to all freshmen, but focused in on me, and I'm a fucking sophomore now so why do I still get abused? I'm being driven insane by it all, and all this pointless HORSESHIT is gonna make me blow up my school, but I can't do that because its also the only thing that can keep me sane. My God, WHY ME?
GGGGAAAAHHHH!!!
Elementalism shall soon be my practice. When I turn 18 in 2 1/2 years and can get the hell away from my evil mother.

June 17, 2011, 03:03:35 PM
Reply #6

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
Nice, I like this . . . . now onto my vent.

It pisses me of that everybody pushes me around, beats me, lies about me, scapegoats me for crap, and everything else that usually happens more widespread to all freshmen, but focused in on me, and I'm a fucking sophomore now so why do I still get abused? I'm being driven insane by it all, and all this pointless HORSESHIT is gonna make me blow up my school, but I can't do that because its also the only thing that can keep me sane. My God, WHY ME?
GGGGAAAAHHHH!!!

Someone needs to find where this kid lives and contact local law enforcement.

June 17, 2011, 03:46:38 PM
Reply #7

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
Heh, that's pretty funny donjitsu2. Unless you're serious?  <.<  >.>
Also, who's nate629@ yahoo.com? That's a random contact I found on my hotmail friend list.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:53:27 PM by Noctus Tempestate »

June 17, 2011, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #8

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
@Noctus: Two things that saved me from a lot of fights in highschool 1) Stay out of trouble (drama, rough crowds, etc.) and 2) Don't take shit from people. I don't know how many times I said to someone "What the fuck is your problem?" while I approached them. Not in a threatening way, but in an assertive way. If you must fight, fight hard. If you have a big head, perhaps use it to your advantage by performing a big headbutt. :)
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

June 18, 2011, 06:38:22 AM
Reply #9

NathanE

• Posts By Osmosis

• BEEFCAKE BEEFCAKE

• View Profile
Heh, that's pretty funny donjitsu2. Unless you're serious?  <.<  >.>
Also, who's nate629@ yahoo.com? That's a random contact I found on my hotmail friend list.
Its an old discontinued email :P
Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. ~Voltaire

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems.~Scott Adams

“Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets”

June 20, 2011, 10:24:43 AM
Reply #10

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
I'm tired of all the spam hitting Vsociety recently.

June 20, 2011, 04:14:28 PM
Reply #11

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
I'm tired of all the spam hitting Vsociety recently.

I'm tired of people complaining about spam on a site that professes to teach magical psychic powers.  :P

How about somebody cast a spell or make a psychic shield to stop the spam.   :eek:

Hmmm..... this place has been kind of slow...... maybe another proof thread can stir things up..........  :teethy:
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

June 20, 2011, 05:59:39 PM
Reply #12

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
@Aurafire, I don't know about big, but my head is hard :headwall: Though I'm more of a speed kinda person, how would that work to my advantage, besides running away?

June 20, 2011, 06:45:17 PM
Reply #13

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
GGGGAAAAHHHH!!!

@Aurafire, I don't know about big, but my head is hard :headwall: Though I'm more of a speed kinda person, how would that work to my advantage, besides running away?

Is this high school? Small college? What types of people are these guys? From bad neighborhoods? Or rich kids who never learned when to shut up?

Because honestly.... just don't care about it. If people are physically harassing you, report them. If it's just rumors, people saying stuff about you. Forget about them. Seriously. It ain't worth it.

In my experience, the best way to stop people from doing stuff like this to you is to stamp it out when it first starts. Like a fire, you gotta stamp out the first spark. After it gets going, you can't stop it, and all of your attempts to stop it will only get you burned (getting into fights, getting thrown out of school, etc etc).

If it's already entrenched, just let it burn and walk away. Someone starts giving you shit, you say "fuck you", and move on out of their (watching your back the whole time). If someone asks you about something someone said about you that was a lie, tell them that the story is full of shit, but don't get mad or angry about it.

Because if you start going after people and trying to shut it down, it will only make it worse. The time to do that is at the start. I hate to tell you, but if it's really as bad and as entrenched as you say, you can't stop it that way. It's too late for that.

Play it cool, be detached. Someone using sticks and stones? Report them to administration, security, or the police. Throwing words? Shrug, change the subject if they're a friend, walk out if they aren't.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

June 21, 2011, 05:23:49 AM
Reply #14

Noctus Tempestate

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    The psycho guy.
    • View Profile
This is highschool. Thank you Searching.