Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
215745 Posts in 15357 Topics by 19838 Members - Latest Member: - witch74act Most online today: 144 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Discussion Areas
| |-+  Body Energy Arts
| | |-+  Absorbing energy from the sun
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Absorbing energy from the sun  (Read 6687 times)
bamboo

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:59:17 AM »

Does anyone know of any methods of absorbing energy from the sun and moon??
Robin
Posts By Osmosis

Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 06:08:45 AM »

Why would you want to?
Hellblazer
Posts By Osmosis

Truth is Subjective unless it's Fact

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »

I know one sure fire method for doing this, get out in it. Yes your body will absorb the suns ray and the result of this will be a tan, sunburn, or to much of it will result in skin cancer. Have fun rolleyes

As for the moon I have no idea nor a smart remake to state.

I am not the man I once was.
Neeros
A Familiar Feature

Memento Mori

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 08:25:41 AM »

The Sun can make an amazing power source for magic, physically it is basically a giant reactor. *Shrugs*

The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs
Robin
Posts By Osmosis

Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »

A physical power source for metaphysical abilities?
Neeros
A Familiar Feature

Memento Mori

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 09:41:08 AM »

Sure, why not? "As above; so below" etc. Everything has high planar counterparts.

The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.
- Sun Tzu

[18:22] <Rayn> That makes it worst. If the people can't practically apply and create effects, it is not so good.
[18:22] <metalforever_> okay, and who in the oec can do that? i would say very very few
[18:22] <metalforever_> their too busy fondling their psiballs
Jesse9209
Veritas Furniture

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 09:54:04 AM »

Surya yoga is an effective way to make use of solar energy in self healing and spiritual evolution. Its rather enjoyable and energizing.

Fluidz
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »

Its not hard..however that said, if you don't know what your doing, you can screw yourself more than other things (cause at that point your working with celestial energies not elemental)- further it depends what system you want to use. In Chinese terms you would only do it on certain days depending on weather, astrology and numerology to replenish your yang and yin qi, which means you would further need to know the visualizations, breathing techniques and finally what meridian to put that energy into. I do not know what the Indian counterpart practices.
Rawiri
Wandering Nomad
Veritas Teacher
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Teacher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »

You could try this "ritual" posted by I AM on Occultforums years back. I've used it to good effect.

Solar Grounding Ritual

Visualize yourself as growing very large...huge. Grow until you can put one foot on the Sun and the other on the Earth. Size DOES matter! If you can see yourself bigger than the Galaxies that is even better. See yourself in the darkness of space with your feet on the two worlds.

Draw up power from the Sun into yourself and re-direct it into the Earth. Just make certain one foot (I have always put the Right foot on the Sun) is firmly planted on the Sun and the other foot is firmly planted on the Earth. You need to feel the power rising up from the Sun into your body, feel your body being infused by this energy, and then feel the power flow down the other leg into the Earth.

Do this continuously for about 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, shut off the flow to the Earth while still drawing the power from the Sun. Continue this for about 1 minute. At the end of this exercise see yourself shrink down to your normal size.

Do this exercise two to three times a day for the next week. This exercise should make an immediate difference in your available energy and should also ground you. I will not tell you WHAT you will feel however I guarantee you that you WILL feel the energy within you and passing through you.

Many are unable to do this exercise for a full 15 minutes when starting. If you are doing it properly you may need to do it for shorter periods initially. Additionally, to call this exercise a “Grounding” exercise is VERY misleading. Once you begin this exercise you will experience some unusual things that will open an entire new world to you. This results of this exercise actually change based on YOUR NEEDS at the time.

I should add though, unless you can "shut your mind off" well you probably won't get much from it. You have to be able to feel and know it to be real. Even if you do have good control of your mind, it can take a few times before it "clicks" and properly works - so almost always the first few times are more like "practice runs" than the real thing. It's sort of iffy because you could end up deluding yourself with something like this. But when it actually works you will know that it's working, no question about it. It won't be "I felt a bit of energy move through me" or anything like that. You can do the same for the moon as well if you wanted.
Senkoujin
Settling In

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:01:06 PM »

Absorbing energy from the sun's rays/light is probably the easiest thing to do when it comes to energy manipulation.  We all absorb sunlight as humans, but if you demand to put this energy to use (amplify, transfer, etc), the effort is not very difficult.  If you want to follow the "Solar Grounding Ritual", then be my guest...it could possibly work for you.
donjitsu2
Hundred-plus Club
Veritas Furniture

The Poet of Pugilism

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

Does anyone know of any methods of absorbing energy from the sun and moon??

You're built to do that naturally...just let it happen.

If you have to be more formal about it, then just meditate in the sun/moon-light.

Light is Simply a Form of Electromagnetic Energy

Tricky
Veritas Furniture

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

http://psipog.net/art-psiball-source.html
Akenu
Posts By Osmosis

यम या रा आना

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 01:46:27 AM »

Sun is not only physical, its spiritual energy is amazing, too

donjitsu2
Hundred-plus Club
Veritas Furniture

The Poet of Pugilism

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »

Sun is not only physical, its spiritual energy is amazing, too

Yeah...I'm pretty sure George Carlin actually worshiped the Sun. But I think he prayed to Joe Pesci.

Train Hard

Akenu
Posts By Osmosis

यम या रा आना

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 10:15:29 AM »

Magick is my system so that's maybe why it sounded a bit weird at first Smiley.
Let's put it this way: In Magick you affect this plane (physical) by affecting higher planes. For example if you wanted to kill someone, you would eg crush his Aura.

Now the Sun problem:
We get two forms of energy from Sun: Light which is visible and heat which is not visible, but for sure can be felt.
Now the light and the heat exists on the physical plane and as you said, you can get eg sunburn from it.
Energy also exists on higher planes and on these planes this energy can be absorbed and added to your own energy, which will result in effect in physical plane (like a solar panel).

Except this energy thing, Sun also has some spiritual basis of power. I am not sure if this power is original or it is egregore created by sun cults.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: