Author Topic: Trad chi and Rad chi waz the difference  (Read 20357 times)

December 19, 2003, 07:42:40 PM
Read 20357 times

Rowen of Strata

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I am a new kid and i had some questions and i would be very grateful for any response. Whats the difference between trad and rad chi? I also have a small list of techniques and if you have the time you could tell me whats wrong with them.

Flaming Knuckles: Harvest Ki throughout body. Now let Ki flow in hand that is going to attack. Once you have enough start focusing on your opponent. Focus behind them and tell yourself thatís where youíre going to punch and attack.

Halo Kick:
Lock your foot into the ground. Feel ki flow around it, and use your ki to trap it. Raise your foot, and visualize the energy of the Earth rising with it. Kick your opponent, and send all the energy through him/her.

Quick dash
This technique will help you to dodge out of the way of an attack or for just a quick burst of speed.
This is not so much of a Ki technique, but it will help you in battle.

Step 1
Cross your feet over while standing up. If you want to dash to the right, cross your right foot over so the right ankle of your right foot touches the left ankle of your left foot.

Step 2
Jump to the right as hard as you can. You should go further and further with practice. The feet position helps to streamline the air

Ki information scanning
With this technique, you will be able to find out information from a person.
Step 1
Totally relax.

Step 2
Visualize a bar of light scanning the person's body. Up and down, the full length of his/her body.

Step 3
While doing this; think about the information you want to get out of him/her.

Step 4
You will now either get a feeling, a 'voice' in your head or you will just 'know'.

This technique might not work the first few times, but as you progress with this technique, the more defined the information becomes.

Ki ball:
This is the first technique you should learn. This technique will be your 'base' for your Ki training.
Step 1
Put your hands into a cupped shape. Do this by putting both wrists together; both index fingers together and opposite fingers together.
Visualize a big blue ball of Ki.
Step 2
Feel out your Ki and move it into your tan tien.
Step 3
Now draw Ki to your palms, and keep drawing it there for about 20 seconds.
Step 4
Now flow it out of your palms and visualize a light blue ball. At this point you may feel tingling, pressure, heat or any other sensation.
If you feel a continuous sensation, you have made a Ki ball. If you just feel a short sensation, keep training and practicing.

December 19, 2003, 08:36:05 PM
Reply #1

Schifu

• A Veritas Regular

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Muay Thai is perfect, the practitioners are not
    • View Profile
I havn't slept in quite a while so forgive me for any type 0s...

First of you shouldn't even post 'techs' if you havn't confirmed that they work. Second of the difference between trad chi and rad are many. Trad chi is based on eastern martial arts and cultures. One of these basis was Hinduism where the concept of Chi first came to existence under the name Prana. Skipping through history many cultures in the east interacted with the Hindus and learned about Prana. This later on served as the main pillars for creating many 'soft' martial arts as well as different philisophies and 'ways of living'.
Basically trad chi is based on traditional chi (where ever this may traditional)...

Rad chi is mainly 'new age' and is usually practiced by two groups; westerners that are new to the concept chi and go to some half wit 'Yogi' center which has free seminars about chi and sluggish children that think chi works the way that Dragonballs (sp?) portrays it.

The next part of what I'm writing can and has been debated several times by many people, but this is the most popular and probably the most accurate view of chi...
Chi is 'life force' it's everywhere and it functions as a form of energy linking your spirit with your physical. It goes through all of your major chakras and spreads to your minor chakras which then 'distribute' it to the body. It is a healing force and a neutral form of energy. 'Harvesting' chi to create your flaming knuckles is as 'false' as it gets. That goes for the rest of your techs as well.

You're probably wondering how soft martial arts can 'use' chi.
A rather sluggish and simple explanation is basically that they manipulate chi to strengthen their Muladhara and from there use it to 'balance' certain parts of the body for specific reasons.
If you're really interested just go find a local Soft Style School...
I bring absolutely nothing to the table. ^^

December 19, 2003, 09:31:38 PM
Reply #2

HADOUKEN

• Posts By Osmosis

• I ga pisha!

• View Profile
A Few Examples of Tradki: Aikido, Qigong (Chi Kung), Taijiquan (Tai Chi), Fajing, Kiaijutsu

A Few Example of Radki: Teenagers reading a few New Age books and combining their findings with stances and such from anime or video games in order to make a "tech" (short for "technique").

*CLOSE*

*Re-OPENS*

Sorry, I didn't read it cloely enough to realize that its not the everyday foolishness that I've grown used to.
Develop mind and body to enhance the spirit.

December 19, 2003, 11:38:35 PM
Reply #3

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
Well, whats wrong with your techniques?

1) Corny ass DbZ names. It doesnt help.
2) They all involve drawing energy and using it directly. Its forcing energy through your body in ways its not supposed to go, which will damage your meridians, and make you generally unhealthy. In other words, bad idea.
3)Ki ball: Ki doesnt actually form into a ball outside your body. Thats just to develope sensitivity to energy in your hands.
4) Trying to scan someone is a psi technique, not a ki/chi one.

I havent slept in a while and thats all i can think of. In conclusion, just look into Trad chi. Its much more reliable, less fluffy, good for your health and fighting skills. yup.  :cow:

December 20, 2003, 12:32:23 AM
Reply #4

Rikadia

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
As a Realm Guardian, I know that the techniques that Rowen posts can and do work in the other realms.  The only reason we are so limited here is because of a barrier that was put up a long time ago to keep anyone that would abuse powers like that from using them.  With practice and training, a person will be able to start doing the basics eventually.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

December 20, 2003, 01:04:14 AM
Reply #5

Ninja Kl0wn

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I just want to gouge out Rikadia's eyeballs and skull fuck him/her to death.
Warning:
Posts by this user may be deemed offensive to people who cannot think for themselves!

December 20, 2003, 01:11:26 AM
Reply #6

Rikadia

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ninja Kl0wn
I just want to gouge out Rikadia's eyeballs and skull fuck him/her to death.

Civil, Ninja.  Really civil.  I get worse statements from my natual enemies.

And back in the Ancient times, Rikadia was a female only name.
Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

December 20, 2003, 01:35:27 AM
Reply #7

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rikadia
As a Realm Guardian, I know that the techniques that Rowen posts can and do work in the other realms.  The only reason we are so limited here is because of a barrier that was put up a long time ago to keep anyone that would abuse powers like that from using them.  With practice and training, a person will be able to start doing the basics eventually.

Im sorry if i come off rude but you my friend are what i call a BSer

December 20, 2003, 01:52:28 AM
Reply #8

Tsumaru

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
All in favour of having Rikadia's existance stricken from the records, raise your hand.
*almost everyone raises their hand*
All oppose?
*someone with a squeakie voice says "me"*
Majority rules. SICK 'IM BOY!!! :doggie:

Now, back on topic.

Your first technique, Flaming Knuckles, is the most common of all RadKi techniques. Technically speaking, it IS possible. However, most of us Chi Practitioners at Veritas focus mainly on Trad Chi, so we don't perform it. However, if you wish to continue Rad Ki, that technique would work to an extent. I'm not sure about Quick Dash, that could possibly be true. However, it has no relevance to Chi. The Ki Ball, in my opinion, does work. I've experienced evidence that shows to some extent it working. However, just remember that it is purely to the extent of learning to control your Chi. It really doesn't have any effects other than that. Scanning and the Halo Kick are essentially useless in my opinion. Scanning doesn't appear to have any proper logic behind it. You're just visualizing a bar of light across their body and hoping for the best. If I imagine a heap of trees coming to life and just want it to happen - it won't. There would have to be some other force behind it. This is the way I see it, however this area is more related to Psionics in which I'm not too experienced. If you wish, you could go to that forum for help in the area. Your technique will probably be mocked. The Halo Kick just probably won't work. It seems to be a stupid extension to Flaming Knuckles. Your best bet is to just do Flaming Knuckles, but with your foot. Quite simply - the concept is just wrong. Same with Scanning.

I think that just about does it, so there you go. Best wishes with your training, be it RadKi or TradChi.

Kendamu, thanks for reopening it. I understand your mistake. I was in contact with Rowen of Strata through pm, however, and knew that he was looking for help - not just posting his techniques and saying they were right. If I hadnt been in contact with him, I probably would have made the same mistake.
don't believe everything you read... especially if it comes from me.

December 20, 2003, 06:11:49 AM
Reply #9

quitewarrior

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
As a Realm Guardian, I know that the techniques that Rowen posts can and do work in the other realms. The only reason we are so limited here is because of a barrier that was put up a long time ago to keep anyone that would abuse powers like that from using them. With practice and training, a person will be able to start doing the basics eventually.

So thats what happens when 2 drunks screw. Just for the record,this monkey :fightmonk probably has more energy than you will ever have if you continue with rad ki. You may think that were being closeminded but hey,when one of your meridians burts open like Paris hiltons legs don't come crying to us.
You can either agree with me or you could be wrong.

What would you rather be,honorable and dead,or dishonorable and alive."

December 20, 2003, 08:35:18 AM
Reply #10

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rikadia
As a Realm Guardian, I know that the techniques that Rowen posts can and do work in the other realms.

i just have 2 questions
WTF is a realm gaurdian?!?!?!?!?!
and what other realms are you talking about?

[Edit] oh and ninja kl0wn. i love the sig, it suits you perfectly

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 20, 2003, 08:52:35 AM
Reply #11

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Rikadia: When referring to other realms, do you mean the astral?  And if you do, just because you can enter the "astral plane" doesnt make you a realm gaurdian... thats just retarted.
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

December 20, 2003, 11:19:37 AM
Reply #12

Switcher

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
re
As a Realm Guardian, I know that the techniques that Rowen posts can and do work in the other realms.

LLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

A realm guardian eh? lmfao! . Im assuming your some 8 year old trying to feel important. Dont bring it here please

December 20, 2003, 11:37:52 AM
Reply #13

Silver_Archer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Prophet of Doom

• View Profile
Damn, there I was thinking these guys must have been banned by now for posting content filled with immense stupidity :confused: . Heh, guess not :D
<Forg> Everything is adjustable when you have a saw.

December 20, 2003, 01:39:36 PM
Reply #14

darksheep

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    Hundred-plus Club
    • View Profile
Quote from: Switcher
LLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

A realm guardian eh? lmfao! . Im assuming your some 8 year old trying to feel important. Dont bring it here please
*Agrees and highfives*