Author Topic: Invisible PM?  (Read 2168 times)

April 09, 2011, 12:46:31 PM
Read 2168 times

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
This morning I was filled with joy as the little box came up telling me that I had a new message. 8 messages, 1 is new. So I click into my inbox... and see only my old messages. I count. There are seven. I search for the name of the sender provided by my emailed forward (which doesn't display the PM, incidentally) and no results turn up.

So I PM'ed the sender, and I'm sure that that will be resolved... but now I can't delete the message, hah. Not only that, every time I log into a session, I get the notification box again. It's pretty annoying.

Help?
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

April 09, 2011, 01:00:50 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The message you received was an undesired image that you didn't want to see anyway, and was from a troll.  (A number of other people received the same message.)  I deleted the messages sent by that user, but apparently I forgot to click the button to update the message counts, which resulted in the error you saw.  I have updated the counts now for everyone, so all should be well again.

Thanks for the notice.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

April 09, 2011, 01:38:36 PM
Reply #2

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Excellent, thank you!
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa