Author Topic: Consider the soul first  (Read 39785 times)

March 30, 2011, 10:37:08 AM
Read 39785 times

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Consider the soul first

Introduction

When we do anything in regards to psionics it is often that we first consider the nature of the physical domain and not of the soul, this is however a backwards way of looking at things if we wish to achieve the greatest understanding and success with psionics. This article is written as an introduction to the nature of the soul and how we can utilize that understanding to allow us ease in achieving any psionic skill.

The soul

When attempting to accomplish any task it is wisest to first ask ourselves, "Am I capable of this?", or, "How can this be accomplished?". It is most important to emphasize the 'I' in this statement as you are the deciding factor in whether or not what you want will be accomplished. For some reason though when it comes to psionic endeavors the novice psion tends to spend their time considering the physical domain and what it can do and attempts to work around that. The psion should instead be considering what the soul is capable of as most often the actions of the soul are in complete disregard of the 'rules' of the physical domain.

We cannot necessarily say exactly what the soul 'is', because the concept of 'what something is' has a physical connotation and we know that the soul is neither matter or energy. What we do have are observable and repeatable effects of a non-physical consciousness interacting with a physical world, and by careful observation of these things the following conclusions can be made about the nature of the soul:

The soul is neither matter or energy.
To the soul all the physical world is simply information.
Information is available to the soul should we choose to observe it.
A soul can alter and change the physical world.
The soul is root of all psionic ability and action.

In reading the above the very first thing you should think about is, "How could the physical world possibly be any hindrance to work around for such a consciousness?", and indeed it is not.

Application

Considering the soul first and considering it in everything we do seems like a simple concept but it is a very important step to better achieving psionic skill as well as an understanding of the soul. To understand the soul is to understand what we are fully capable of, and until we know what we are fully capable of we cannot possibly understand how we should go about performing any psionic skill.

A psion that understands what they are as a soul will always know the answer as to how to achieve anything with psionics. Like an artist who can work in any medium, when the soul is understood the psion freely invents his psionic method as needed to any given situation knowing that all interactions between the soul and the physical domain are at most minor differentiations of the same thing.

When we are to do anything related to psionics we first consider the nature of the soul, what it is capable of, and based on that we can choose how we wish to alter the physical domain or ourselves to fit our needs.

To put this as simply as possible; There is not one thing that the soul does that is anything more than either observation or alteration of the physical domain and you are doing these things all the time as you are always a soul that is observing and altering the physical domain. The only difference between the average person and the psion is that the psion is actually aware of their interaction with the physical and is actively in control of it.

Examples

Several standard psionic skills will now be referenced and explained under the above understanding of the soul as examples of how this understanding can be properly utilized.

Scanning
Consider a non-physical, non energy consciousness. This is a consciousness capable of observing the physical domain with accuracy as evidenced by the fact that you are reading this right now. Consider too that this non-physical, non-energy consciousness has no physical connection to your body whatsoever and still manages to observe, with great detail, the physical world. How is perception then anything more than a soul's specific choice to be aware of something in particular? How then is scanning any different from what you're doing right now?

Kinesis
If the soul is neither matter or energy and has no physical connection to the body how is it then you are capable of moving the limbs of the body? How is the change created in the human form that is required to move, walk, or talk any different from the kinesis that can be controlled by the soul outside the body?

Precognition
If the soul views all the physical world as information why would viewing something at a different period of time, nothing more than different information, be any more complicated or different than what it is always doing?

Future Selection
If the soul is all of these things then the future we wish to bring about is nothing more than a different location for our kinesis to take place.

Conclusion

Psionics as a whole is an endeavor to better understand the workings of oneself. Though it is easy to become distracted in material concerns it will always be a greater understanding of the soul that allow us to bring about beneficial futures for ourselves and those we care about.

March 30, 2011, 11:50:35 AM
Reply #1

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
A great read. :) I do, however, have a question.

To put this as simply as possible; There is not one thing that the soul does that is anything more than either observation or alteration of the physical domain and you are doing these things all the time as you are always a soul that is observing and altering the physical domain. The only difference between the average person and the psion is that the psion is actually aware of their interaction with the physical and is actively in control of it.
Does everything the soul can do have to be either observation or change of the physical domain? In other words, can't the soul observe and change anything that has its roots in another domain but has no physical dimensions. Constructs, for example, do not need to have a physical location. They do not even have to observe or change anything in the physical domain, per se, right? This, then, would completely isolate them from the physical domain, existing only in the conceptual and energetic(?) domains. The use of such a construct is disputable, but my question remains: can the soul observe or change anyything that exist solely in the conceptual and/or energetic domain(s)?

March 30, 2011, 01:37:28 PM
Reply #2

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
A great read. :) I do, however, have a question.

Does everything the soul can do have to be either observation or change of the physical domain? In other words, can't the soul observe and change anything that has its roots in another domain but has no physical dimensions. Constructs, for example, do not need to have a physical location. They do not even have to observe or change anything in the physical domain, per se, right? This, then, would completely isolate them from the physical domain, existing only in the conceptual and energetic(?) domains. The use of such a construct is disputable, but my question remains: can the soul observe or change anyything that exist solely in the conceptual and/or energetic domain(s)?
Yes. The soul manipulates things on a higher level, and the results trickle down. Non-dependent of domain, the soul has prescience in all of them, to a degree.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

March 31, 2011, 11:29:27 AM
Reply #3

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Ah yes, what XIII said  :)

I can see where the confusion is though Robin. With what I wrote I'm trying to show that separation of psionic endeavors into individual techniques and named practices is useless to anyone who understands the fundamentals of the soul's interaction with specifically the physical domain, in that we are only ever observing or changing. There are of course other domains some of which are beyond anything more than our observation but in this article I wanted to talk specifically about the physical domain as that tends to be most relevant to our day to day lives.

At the end of the article I'm hoping it's clear to the reader that (to make another example) the only difference between me writing these words and future selecting a moment a year in the future is the subject matter.

- k

April 01, 2011, 10:48:57 AM
Reply #4

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I enjoyed this article.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

April 02, 2011, 05:26:48 PM
Reply #5

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
yes indeed the soul is our explanation of how we are able to perform psi, but its hard to even gain an awareness of that part of yourself in the first place, or as some call it "actualisation". if we could just "feel" the soul right away then we wouldnt be here trying to figure this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

April 03, 2011, 10:42:22 AM
Reply #6

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
yes indeed the soul is our explanation of how we are able to perform psi, but its hard to even gain an awareness of that part of yourself in the first place, or as some call it "actualisation". if we could just "feel" the soul right away then we wouldnt be here trying to figure this out

As I know it 'actualization' is the utilization of energy to create our formed intent as a real thing, not so much the awareness of the soul. This is under the Dynamic Psi paradigm though and others might define it differently.

The notion of being able to "feel" the soul is again a common misconception/stumbling block when attempting to understand the soul. The word "feel" itself implies a physical state to the soul, something that can be touched, when in reality the soul can be neither matter or energy. The key to getting over this is to understand that the soul is the real you and if you only shift the focus away from the physical, or reduce your awareness of it, whatever is left over is the soul.

-k

April 03, 2011, 11:00:54 AM
Reply #7

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
"the arcane formulas or mental alchemy" is THE book to read if interested in a traditional and hardcore book on dynamic psi. It's supposedly a book on attaining godhead but in actuality it's dynamic psi before psi was even a concept.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

April 04, 2011, 01:14:42 PM
Reply #8

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
"the arcane formulas or mental alchemy" is THE book to read if interested in a traditional and hardcore book on dynamic psi. It's supposedly a book on attaining godhead but in actuality it's dynamic psi before psi was even a concept.

You'd really have to ask Kobok on that one to be sure, but I don't recall it as required reading in the Dynamic Psi courses.

I can't say I read the whole book but I took a read through the first couple chapters and it seemed to be more about overcoming mental considerations and not understanding a non-physical consciousness which is of pinnacle importance in the Dynamic Psi system. There's various other philosophical systems that also share similar ideas but that does not necessarily make them Dynamic Psi.

-k

April 04, 2011, 03:21:20 PM
Reply #9

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
The ego shattering exercises are very useful in gaining soul awareness and when used in conjunction with focal meditation, they become powerful developmental tools.

The rest is developing intent which is part of the actualization process in dynamic psi.

One could say that though the methods of attainment is different the mechanism is the same.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

August 15, 2013, 08:41:35 AM
Reply #10

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I do plan on meditating on this concept  later today to see what i can find on my own but, although, i understand how the soul is non physical, i dont see how its non energetic. Isnt everything energy/vibrations at the base level(lowest/highest depending on view point)?

August 15, 2013, 09:46:10 AM
Reply #11

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein
Isnt everything energy/vibrations at the base level(lowest/highest depending on view point)?

No, because energy is not basic in itself; rather, it is comprised of basic dimensions of mass, length, and time which are spatial-temporal dimensions where the article proposes that a soul is not comprised or restricted to these dimensions meaning that it is not physically energy or matter.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:49:42 AM by Rayn »
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

August 15, 2013, 01:29:10 PM
Reply #12

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
In the wider perspective of energy, I would back Rayn, but for basic self work and manifestation, energy is quite simple once you have a foundation in basic feeling, flowing and harnessing, which with practice leads to projection and magical manifestation (if that is your goal). Emotions often relate to energy and emotional states may (but not always) reflect and lead your energy. This is the idea of low and high states of vibration. The dynamic perspective that Rayn pointed out is good if you are in the scientific paradigm of magic, or a more "theory is part of the practice" (like certain sects of Daoism and Hermeticism- which is still a scientific viewpoint and practice, but not in the modern sense). The energy automatically goes through several channels and dimensions as you are working with it or after you have harnessed it but it is not necessary to consciously think about all of the flows and possibilities- it's more distracting than anything unless you have a very intuitive and/or advanced experiential practice concerning the magnitude of potentials of 'energy'.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

August 15, 2013, 02:40:40 PM
Reply #13

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I do plan on meditating on this concept  later today to see what i can find on my own but, although, i understand how the soul is non physical, i dont see how its non energetic. Isnt everything energy/vibrations at the base level(lowest/highest depending on view point)?

No, it's not.  Metaphysical energy flows THROUGH the soul, as the soul can establish conceptual patterns which direct and affect this energy.  But the energy itself is not fundamental, but just an intermediate tool that we use.  You can use the soul to create or destroy energy, and you can even clear the soul of energy and operate for a while without any.  The soul doesn't need energy to exist, because it is more fundamental than this.
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

August 15, 2013, 04:41:40 PM
Reply #14

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
No, because energy is not basic in itself; rather, it is comprised of basic dimensions of mass, length, and time which are spatial-temporal dimensions where the article proposes that a soul is not comprised or restricted to these dimensions meaning that it is not physically energy or matter.

So what would you consider to be the basic building blocks of the universe, if you dont mind me asking? I find it weird cause i feel like i understand what your saying in that energy has the attributes of a,b,c and the soul doesnt or atleast isnt restricted to a,b,c but im left with then what is it but i guess thats the whole point of the article lol. Time to meditate it seems as my previous confirmations were that the soul is a package of consciously bonded energy.

No, it's not.  Metaphysical energy flows THROUGH the soul, as the soul can establish conceptual patterns which direct and affect this energy.  But the energy itself is not fundamental, but just an intermediate tool that we use.  You can use the soul to create or destroy energy, and you can even clear the soul of energy and operate for a while without any.  The soul doesn't need energy to exist, because it is more fundamental than this.

Word. So is it somehow analogous to the Soul being a traffic guard directing energy through it into different streets( the streets being facets of reality) ?

In the wider perspective of energy, I would back Rayn, but for basic self work and manifestation, energy is quite simple once you have a foundation in basic feeling, flowing and harnessing, which with practice leads to projection and magical manifestation (if that is your goal). Emotions often relate to energy and emotional states may (but not always) reflect and lead your energy. This is the idea of low and high states of vibration. The dynamic perspective that Rayn pointed out is good if you are in the scientific paradigm of magic, or a more "theory is part of the practice" (like certain sects of Daoism and Hermeticism- which is still a scientific viewpoint and practice, but not in the modern sense). The energy automatically goes through several channels and dimensions as you are working with it or after you have harnessed it but it is not necessary to consciously think about all of the flows and possibilities- it's more distracting than anything unless you have a very intuitive and/or advanced experiential practice concerning the magnitude of potentials of 'energy'.

Yea that pretty much sums up how ive been viewing it like i understand the different "layers" of density and energy for the most part i like to believe. However, when practicing i dont think of every single breakdown and movement of the energy through each level just it manifesting in my current one, with emotion and intent being the driving force behind it.

Thx for all the replys guys this information is dope, in that its helping me better understand my work alot better, strengthening my ability. Just thinkin on these concepts briefly has me tunnel visioning out on my laptop.