Author Topic: Consider the soul first  (Read 40117 times)

August 15, 2013, 07:25:08 PM
Reply #15

Rayn

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    <insert something cynical and sarcastic>
    • View Profile
    • Noein
So what would you consider to be the basic building blocks of the universe, if you dont mind me asking? I find it weird cause i feel like i understand what your saying in that energy has the attributes of a,b,c and the soul doesnt or atleast isnt restricted to a,b,c but im left with then what is it but i guess thats the whole point of the article lol. Time to meditate it seems as my previous confirmations were that the soul is a package of consciously bonded energy.

Materialists would say dimensions of space and time where the existence of of nonphysical things implies something more fundamental to space and time. Relative to this nonphysical domain, it would be a qualitative, phenomenal, and what is regarded around here as conceptual domain. In the physical and nonphysical sense, energy is not basic to existence; rather, it is more or less an agent of change to explain it in the simplest sense.
Noein - A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy
but sorcery refuses to be a metaphor for mere literature--it insists that symbols must cause events as well as private epiphanies. It is not a critique but a re-making. It rejects all eschatology & metaphysics of removal, all bleary nostalgia & strident futurismo, in favor of a paroxysm or seizure of presence.

August 20, 2014, 01:34:52 PM
Reply #16

Middelnil

• Settling In

• View Profile
I wonder how well any information and data is recorded by the soul, such as information on past-lives, etc.? I've lately had this shadow over my shoulders (just metaphorically). The more I think of the soul as a base for my being, the more I wish to get to know who 'I' really am and if this is my first life as a being or if there's more to it. I have this terrible urge, like I'm on a edge of something, perhaps on the edge of discovering something, it's like something I can't get my hands on; it's close but still so far away. You know the feeling, it's like the feeling that on any minute now you could learn to read: you're trying really hard but you just simply can't seem to learn, and at one moment you just realize that you can read, that all those words finally make sense. The moment of clarity.

Another question I have is where the soul is located at? Whenever I think of myself, of who 'I' am, I can feel my 'whole being', this warm and tingling feeling in my upper stomach(or solar plexus, perhaps?). I don't know if it's just awareness of my whole body or if there's more to it. Perhaps I'm just centering myself (it comes quite automatically whenever I think of myself as a being)? 

I am sorry for digging graves but I just didn't want to start a new topic related to the soul (since I didn't find many appropriate threads to ask these questions).

Humbly Yours,
Middelnil

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention one thing. A really great article!

August 20, 2014, 02:20:58 PM
Reply #17

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
The soul only has a definite position and definition per paradigm you are educated in. I view the soul and spirit as different. The soul being my Over-Self, the aspect of awareness that I cannot explain, the aspect that creates magical influences via unseen and scientifically misunderstood/not yet discovered means. Some call it fate, fortune, luck, god, goddess, chaos, etc. My spirit on the other hand, going back to its root meaning, is just the power of my breath and electromagnetic fields, what I have come to know as 'qi' from the Chinese Martial, Medical, and Spiritual traditions.

The full body tingling sensation is a biochemical reaction of deep states. Feeling your spirit in your solar plexus or brain stem, or wherever, is just the same, your biochemical and natural elecrromagnetic force surging through and around your body. The spirit can be measured, for the most part, but the soul is pure awareness. At least that is my perception and experience.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

August 21, 2014, 09:32:03 AM
Reply #18

Middelnil

• Settling In

• View Profile
So in the end one can't simply measure something called 'soul'? Well, it's understandable since after all, the soul is our very essence; one can't even hope to comprehend it's vastness and complexity. In the end all I can do is explore. Explore and discover, and perhaps I will find the truth behind it all, gain some knowledge.

August 21, 2014, 02:53:34 PM
Reply #19

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's at least the way I see it. Instead of some higher, abstract god force, I think of each of our souls as that aspect of original essence and ever creative and evolving power. It's only been the last couple months I have really internalized the concept, but beasically, thensoul cannot be measured because it is interdimensional. Beyond words, concepts, space-time, and extraterrestrial ideals.

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

December 20, 2014, 11:24:34 AM
Reply #20

Kyfixorus

• Settling In

• View Profile
Steps to take:

Inspect your entire physical body before meditation. Pretend to move your hand and toes. Focus on your breathing and stretch and hold them as you focus on your breathing. Any form of burn, tingle, or discomfort can be blown away with a good controlled breath. Once you can feel the flow of breath activate the infinite amount of sensory organs in locations of your body, you can telepathically speak to your self in regards to where that energy will flow.(see chakras/psychic heat breathing techniques)

After you find your own personal flow realize this energy first as cosmic energy, once you fill your self with this is when you can feel great change occur. I personally use mana as my source of psi/alteration of my physical self to project it to alter  physical surroundings. Primarly I harness air to power my mana force and begin to blow winds.

Thru yoga and strict breathing techqniques I have located the art of forming muscle and shifting all toxins to my core/ burning them and releasing a gas at will that brings bliss to my entire body. Also filter feeding the energies to form nutrition and a feeling of fullness I have been eating less and less while maintaining my weight and gaining muscle.
When your eyes are open its the physical
When your eyes are closed its the etheral
If you act the part reality will chase you
Be the being you wish and the choices will tighten the knot of thought to become your new conscious state.

December 21, 2014, 02:32:29 AM
Reply #21

IIHbuddy89

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I'm wondering how did you come to the conclusion that the "soul is not matter or energy" and it doesn't need energy at all.    :confused:

Maybe we define terms "soul" and "energy" differently, but in magic it is viewed all things are just alterations of a homogene substance called the Aither (even matter and the soul), and the Aither is very much like an energy in my eyes.

(also psionics is just silly word for magic)

December 21, 2014, 10:59:23 AM
Reply #22

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Psionics is just a form of direct magick anyway.

December 21, 2014, 01:53:06 PM
Reply #23

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Subtler and subtler. Matter creates form through the energetic flows that emenate from the soul

June 09, 2016, 04:38:45 PM
Reply #24

Xenophon

• Settling In

• View Profile
Why isnt this article on main page anymore? I thought it was one of most important ones.