Author Topic: Meditation and time travel  (Read 6782 times)

April 03, 2011, 03:32:55 PM
Reply #15

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
one may be able to do that temporarily but i believe time would naturally correct itself

i did my expiriment, i cant get the pictures up because my phone is being a peice of shit, i recorded no change mabye only nominal like a 30 sec time difference, meditated for 20 mins, got interrupted multiple times, so im not even going to try to get the pics. the phone isnt letting me email pictures to my email so i cant download them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

April 26, 2011, 12:25:26 PM
Reply #16

Li-Ten-Ra

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
I see time as a force that goes in one direction, but a fragile one. We have the ability to move ourselves outside of time, forward and backward as well, by simply putting enough of ourselves into the task. Chronokinesis is one of my favorite fields of study actually.

April 29, 2011, 11:39:42 AM
Reply #17

Dancing_Crow

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Jai Guru Deva Om
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
For me, I see time as linked to space which radiates from the center to all directions. (including above and below).

The reverse is also true for me... I see space as linked to time which radiates from all directions to the center. (including below and above).

:)
"Allow the beauty and grace of what you love BE what you DO and KNOW."

May 05, 2011, 12:32:09 PM
Reply #18

Lilith

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Of The Void
    • View Profile
In Unity time is  continuously and instantaneously  emanating in all directions  and not present at the same time.
I hold a firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

May 13, 2011, 12:57:28 PM
Reply #19

Forg

• Posts By Osmosis

• The V' Smithy

• View Profile
Generally, I would call this a matter of perception rather than an alteration on the nature of time. Far to often is the 'supernatural' related to an otherwise mundane phenomena. In this case, if one is meditating while walking, your focus is deterred from the act. If you are not focusing on your pace, it's not an unlikely notion that you may have just been walking much faster and not realize that you were.

I don't recommend meditation while walking simply because if you would like to achieve deeper levels of focus (or whatever it is you might be seeking), ideally, should be an environment that minimizes distraction. That, and the fact that I've attempted walking meditation, and walking into traffic is a bad idea >_>

That being said, if you'd like some more empirical evidence, I'd suggest you invest in a pedometer that can track your speed based on your steps. (Note: this device does not track the location of sex offenders. Don't talk to strangers, kids.)
Be your own light, your own refuge. Believe only that which you test for yourself. Do not accept authority merely because it comes from a great man, or is written in a sacred book, for truth is different for each man and woman." -- Buddha

May 14, 2011, 03:46:25 AM
Reply #20

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Generally, I would call this a matter of perception rather than an alteration on the nature of time. Far to often is the 'supernatural' related to an otherwise mundane phenomena. In this case, if one is meditating while walking, your focus is deterred from the act. If you are not focusing on your pace, it's not an unlikely notion that you may have just been walking much faster and not realize that you were.
Generally, I would call this a matter of perception as well. However, when I'm fully awake and alert, I walk fast; I've met only a handful of people over the course of my life who naturally walk as fast as I do. When I'm meditating, my pace slows down so considerably that I really don't need an external device to show I'm walking a lot slower; it's not a matter of "losing awareness of how fast I'm walking" because I don't "walking meditate" that way. Verification is two-fold: when I'm fully awake and alert I walk with a forward slant such that my center of balance is constantly falling forward and I'm pushing myself forward to prevent myself from falling over, versus when I'm meditate-walking and my center of balance is very relaxedly over my feet and I feel content enough in a relaxed pace that I spend very little energy in moving it (which is NOT to say that I need to spend very little energy to move it quickly); secondly, when I'm fully awake and alert I walk at a pace where my friends have to jog to keep up with me or I have to constantly stop and wait for them, versus when I'm walking at a meditative pace I have to "hurry" myself just a little in order to keep up with the same friends.

Plus, I time myself based on well-used paths that I time myself on many times while awake and alert before I time myself while meditating and still time myself during each again and again. I can't say that my case is the result of metaphysical phenomenon, but I do know that it's not merely me losing track of my own pace or the time.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 14, 2011, 06:45:26 PM
Reply #21

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
Well, I have quite a bit of experience with two possible metaphysical explanations, however due to observations I've made in my own experimentations I can tell you that supadude's experiment will be likely inconclusive.

The FTMCS explanation: Time is a function of space and can be dilated and compressed but not reversed. The past is only immutable if not in a state of quantum uncertainty. If one performs an operation on time, an equal shift will happen toward the opposite operation when tension(the active manipulation of time) as ceased. This is my explanation for the events surrounding invocations and channellings of FTMCS.

The Causal Slip: Time is immutable, no functions may be enacted on time. Causal deviations where Causality bleeds into the realm of effect can imitate the effects of time manipulation. No hypothetical explanation for the lag that occurs from such operations at this time because of insufficient understanding of the mechanics at play.

Given what I've seen, any deviation from the idea that any action will rubberband back into continuity after the tension is released is likely fudged research (false documentation), but I'd like to see any results anyone else has come up with regardless of the findings so I can revise my hypothesis.

Chronomancy is basically my baby.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:52:35 PM by Mindlessinvalid »
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.