Author Topic: New to teh Veritas Academy  (Read 3699 times)

April 16, 2004, 07:19:58 PM
Read 3699 times

Mousyman

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Well, I am starting to get interested in lentation, and more things to improve my fighting techniques, my balance and what not.  I'm just wandering where different things on lentation and such things such as balance and focusing are located.  Thanks for any help.

-Mousy

April 17, 2004, 11:25:47 AM
Reply #1

The Gunslinger

• A Familiar Feature

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: Darkduck

The increased amount of adrenalin in your blood causes your heart and lungs to 'work harder'. This will cause your bloodpressure and heart rate to rise dramatically, way beyond your normal rate, and lessen the intake of oxigen/ dramatically increase the amount of carbondioxide in your blood. Lentation longer than 1 minute can, if you're unlucky, burst bloodveins in your brains, causing bloodclots in other cerebral area's (that's BAD), cause the kidney's to fail, leaving too much 'dirt' in your blood, cause several organs to suffer oxigen-deficiency, the increased amount of adrenalin will make you just about lose any sense of fear, so after 2 minutes you'll jump off a building without thinking twice, and longer than two minutes, if you're really unlucky, will rip apart the veins in your lungs too, and get you in the hospital or in a wooden box pretty fast.

Be my guest if you want to practice it, I can do nothing about the guides people still have. There already was a disclaimer in the guide, so if you kill yourself, not my problem. Now you know how I think about it, enjoy Lentation.

That message was from Darkduck. The creator of the lentation ariticle here at The Veritas Academy. He also banned the article once he found out about the affects of Lentation, so you probably wouldn't be able to get one anyways.

My best advice is to just not to do it...
"Better in one ecstatic epic day
 To strike a blow for glory and for truth,
With ardent singing heart to toss away
 In freedom's holy cause my eager youth,
Than bear as weary years pass one by one
 The knowledge of a scared task undone."
{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}
A man who runs in front of a truck gets tired.

A man who runs behind a truck gets exusted.
--Ancient Chinese Proverb

April 17, 2004, 07:22:29 PM
Reply #2

Cogito

• Veritas Furniture

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I'll give it to you if you PM me your e-mail address

*[evil] grins and points at his nickname*

April 18, 2004, 03:02:53 AM
Reply #3

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
*[evil] grins and points at the 'ban' button*  

Now you wouldn't do that...now would you? :D
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

April 18, 2004, 07:39:51 AM
Reply #4

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
lol,  DO IT,  Do it!
I am here and there, yet nowhere. You may turn and catch a slight glimpse of me, but then I'm gone. You will not see me until your spirit soars above your body and I have slain you.

Any moron can pick up a sharp piece of metal and swing it, hoping to cut something. But a true warrior can hone their sword as well as their mind. Through training, a sword can become just as powerful as any Ki or Physical attack, in some cases, even more so.

April 18, 2004, 08:12:18 AM
Reply #5

Enlightenment

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/3nl1ght3nm3nt/index.htm
lmao..

*starts to sell underground copies of the Lentation.pdf file* ^_^

black market old veritas articles!! five dolla!
En: Get into a class.
Preferably a Hatha Yoga class.
Avoid Yogas
Power Yoga, Fitness yoga, Wellness Yoga, Energy Yoga.....
What about NINJA SEX YOGA!!! Is that alright?
Tsu: No :P
ROFL

April 18, 2004, 01:22:35 PM
Reply #6

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I'll take one, i want to see this suicide thing
I am here and there, yet nowhere. You may turn and catch a slight glimpse of me, but then I'm gone. You will not see me until your spirit soars above your body and I have slain you.

Any moron can pick up a sharp piece of metal and swing it, hoping to cut something. But a true warrior can hone their sword as well as their mind. Through training, a sword can become just as powerful as any Ki or Physical attack, in some cases, even more so.

April 18, 2004, 09:12:18 PM
Reply #7

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
What was the actual source for all this nasty lentation-effects info?  Sounds vaguely far-fetched.

Besides, what sort of wierdo lentates for more than a minute?  I always assumed it was a split-second sort of bit, in most cases.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

April 19, 2004, 12:19:23 PM
Reply #8

Enlightenment

• Veritas Furniture

• Has a lot of posts

• Personal Text
    Has a lot of posts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/3nl1ght3nm3nt/index.htm
in all honesty i've been able to lentate before i saw DD's article o.0..although i shouldnt say able..because it was more of a reaction, whenever i got into physical conflict i would lentate against my will and had precogs of what happened, 10-20 seconds before it happened; i just thought it was a nifty benefit in fights  :cool:

in all honesty i didnt even know what the fuck it was until i saw DD's article, i still have it although i dont train, because i figure...itll happen whenever i'd potentially need anyway, like it or not so whatever  :cow:

i never knew why though, oh well...

Be Well
En: Get into a class.
Preferably a Hatha Yoga class.
Avoid Yogas
Power Yoga, Fitness yoga, Wellness Yoga, Energy Yoga.....
What about NINJA SEX YOGA!!! Is that alright?
Tsu: No :P
ROFL

April 19, 2004, 01:19:01 PM
Reply #9

Neo

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
if you wanna commit suicide, jump off a cliff, dont learn to lentate, lol. much faster, but you'll prolly do both in the end. if you jumped off a cliff that is.
Don't annoy me, or I'll set my kamehamehamsters on you!