Author Topic: Starting out  (Read 2747 times)

April 16, 2004, 07:09:45 PM
Read 2747 times

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
I have a red oak championship bokken, is there anything else that i need to get started?  Or, what should i do now?
I am here and there, yet nowhere. You may turn and catch a slight glimpse of me, but then I'm gone. You will not see me until your spirit soars above your body and I have slain you.

Any moron can pick up a sharp piece of metal and swing it, hoping to cut something. But a true warrior can hone their sword as well as their mind. Through training, a sword can become just as powerful as any Ki or Physical attack, in some cases, even more so.

April 16, 2004, 07:16:55 PM
Reply #1

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Well... the question is, what do you wish to do with that bokken? Because first of all, you have to choose your path and your way of training before you do anything. Do you wish to study psi, or chi, or martial arts? I'm assuming swordplay was your choice from the bokken part... but I don't know. People confuse me around here  :D   :confused:  If you want to learn about swordplay, you might want to post a topic on it in Chi and the Martial Arts forum. Make sure you make your title to the point and not things like CHEESE, even though I'm sure CHEESE will get a lot more views than Swords! So yeah, please be a little more specific on what you want to learn in... because basically "Is there anything else I need to get started" really doesn't clue me in that much on what you want to learn. So post, and I'll be sure to get back as soon as I can.

~Frozen
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

April 17, 2004, 12:08:08 PM
Reply #2

Shumpukan_Kendo_Valo

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
yes please be a little more specific such as do you wish to take up the japanese fecning art of kendo which i will gladly help you with what you need if ythis is the path you wish to follow
A Shadow Has No Form Thus It Is Invincible.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

April 17, 2004, 04:52:11 PM
Reply #3

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
Well, i think the best part would to start training w/o weapons, learn to bring my sensitivity to Psi//Chi up.  Which should i start w/ first?

I have some precog experiances, and quite frequently do they appear.
I am here and there, yet nowhere. You may turn and catch a slight glimpse of me, but then I'm gone. You will not see me until your spirit soars above your body and I have slain you.

Any moron can pick up a sharp piece of metal and swing it, hoping to cut something. But a true warrior can hone their sword as well as their mind. Through training, a sword can become just as powerful as any Ki or Physical attack, in some cases, even more so.

April 19, 2004, 03:22:52 AM
Reply #4

Fire Essence

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Start with whatever you want, it is your choice, no one else should or can make it for you.

April 19, 2004, 12:30:35 PM
Reply #5

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
all i'l asking, is what is mostly built off?  What is the 1st step on the ladder, what is needed to come before doing other things?

April 19, 2004, 01:03:51 PM
Reply #6

Fire Essence

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Well in that case I suppose scanning, construct making, and developing your sensitivity ate the best things to start out with.

April 20, 2004, 04:45:15 PM
Reply #7

Bryson1234

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
well a friend tested me, i can see my aura.  so he says i can learn.  he might teach me a bit