Poll

So, should we keep them in the Caféteria?

Yes
6 (16.7%)
No
19 (52.8%)
Mostly, at mod discretion
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kilik's Threads Taste Like They're From The School Lunchroom  (Read 11228 times)

March 30, 2011, 09:37:08 AM
Reply #30

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
That would be all nice and sweet IF this were a democratic board where your votes counted towards something.  You can propose or move to propose whatever you like, its still up; to the Veritas superpowers to act on them.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

March 30, 2011, 09:52:29 AM
Reply #31

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@ChezNips: Reason for this poll was to find solution. If Veritas was so much nazi you present it, this poll wouldn't exist...

March 30, 2011, 03:08:50 PM
Reply #32

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I think you grossly misunderstand.  Has a solution been found yet?  Possibly.  Kilik has stopped posting like he was forawhile, correct?  B ut do we have new sub forums?  Its not that easy to do, even following what supadude proposed makes it a lot more complicated then it has to be.  The bottom line was that this is not necessarily a democratic forum where complaints = action.  Kobok and the mods discuss our own solutions and decisionsnot based on popular vote however, I believe they are still very good decisions for the most part because they try to be as unbiased as possible and not based on emotion.

March 30, 2011, 04:12:46 PM
Reply #33

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
its a formality :)

they needed a solution i proposed and idea

if they dont use that one then i move to send the psi ninjas to plant a 50 megaton nuclear warhead in his brain.  :eek:

yet another perfectly orchestrated plan......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

March 30, 2011, 05:27:29 PM
Reply #34

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
No.

If you don't like a thread, don't go in it. If you don't wish to engage in an argument with someone, then don't.

I usually skim the first couple of posts in Kilik's threads, but I generally don't go in them. Not because I think they're trash- as has been mentioned before, there are some neat links in there. It's just that I don't really have anything to respond with.

Then I just skip over it as I cruise the rest of the forum.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

March 31, 2011, 08:24:47 AM
Reply #35

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
No.

If you don't like a thread, don't go in it. If you don't wish to engage in an argument with someone, then don't.

I usually skim the first couple of posts in Kilik's threads, but I generally don't go in them. Not because I think they're trash- as has been mentioned before, there are some neat links in there. It's just that I don't really have anything to respond with.

Then I just skip over it as I cruise the rest of the forum.

thats not really the problem, its not just one thread its 20+ threads and other people got stuff to say too.
My youtube channel

March 31, 2011, 08:40:36 AM
Reply #36

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
thats not really the problem, its not just one thread its 20+ threads and other people got stuff to say too.

Kilik's threads in no way prevent anybody from saying anything, though.

If it's that much trouble, people can just skip over threads posted by Kilik.
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

March 31, 2011, 12:55:57 PM
Reply #37

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
The idea is that we strongly protect the right for people to post as they want, to say what they want to say without us quelching their voice.  So for all the people that get annoyed, just remember we work hard in keeping things fair, but its not a democratic forum persay.

March 31, 2011, 04:40:31 PM
Reply #38

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
@ChezNips: Reason for this poll was to find solution. If Veritas was so much nazi you present it, this poll wouldn't exist...
There's a whole lot more governing schemes than "1) democracy, 2) nazi".

It is a fact that your votes literally do nothing. The whole board could vote the same way on an issue, and Chez' statement (that it is still up to the mods to enact that vote) remains true. Although, that's also how democracy in the real world works; the people may vote in order to tell the government what the people want to see happen, but it's still the government that gets that shit done (or not).

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

March 31, 2011, 10:49:18 PM
Reply #39

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
The idea is that we strongly protect the right for people to post as they want, to say what they want to say without us quelching their voice.  So for all the people that get annoyed, just remember we work hard in keeping things fair, but its not a democratic forum persay.

my idea doesnt do that at all my idea was merely to separate the forums into philosophy and theory, but i realise as well as articles any sort of philosophy or theory about the 3 main headliners of the forum are just posted in the articles section anyway, im an american and i do value my right to free speech, but there are formalities of the forum that we all observe inherently to be a part of it, even i was on the mod's shit-list way back when.

*feels Vecna staring holes in the back of head*

but my trolling days are over.
My youtube channel