Poll

So, should we keep them in the Caféteria?

Yes
6 (16.7%)
No
19 (52.8%)
Mostly, at mod discretion
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Kilik's Threads Taste Like They're From The School Lunchroom  (Read 11227 times)

February 02, 2011, 12:19:02 PM
Read 11227 times

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

February 02, 2011, 01:03:19 PM
Reply #1

Vilhjalmr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I won't even mind if he didn't run away every time a post he can't refute is made. I'm still waiting for a reply about the uncertainty principle, and I'm sure that's not the only thread he's stopped responding to.

Or responding to with "I have sources you are just a forum person".
Etwas auf Deutsch

February 02, 2011, 03:40:07 PM
Reply #2

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
I voted yes, but in retrospect, kilik would kill all the fun threads instead of the useful threads. Is there a way we can settle this without him spamming anything?
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

February 02, 2011, 07:01:33 PM
Reply #3

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I had to vote no because while I hate the content of many of his threads, and his reasonings, "I do not agree with a thing that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". (For those who think this might be in contradiction to my own voting thread, that one was specifically because I felt kilik was spamming a single concept when a single thread would have been appropriate)

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

February 04, 2011, 07:18:36 AM
Reply #4

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
As I mentioned before, I think it would be beneficial to make subforums for Theories and Philosophy respectively. Some of the posts would sadly even clutter the Cafeteria. By making Theories a subforum and letting Kilik know to only post his conspiracy theories, I feel that this would solve some of the clutter problems.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that they think we should just ban him. I really don't think this would be the right way to go. One truth we should never forget is that we started out with the strategy opposite of Psipog's. We are open to new ideas and information. And although a bulk of Kilik's information may be far from the truth, I still don't think it's right to shut him down before he has a chance to express his ideas.
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

February 04, 2011, 08:10:04 AM
Reply #5

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
I agree with Aurafire - voted No.

Perhaps warn him, officially, to limit the posts he makes on a specific topic (i.e. Anit-evolution, Para-Archeology/Geography/History (or whatever), Random Psuedo-Science etc) to a single thread (i.e. One Topic, One Thread), on pain of Ban. That might solve the clutter issue. This warning seems warranted due to all the complaints regarding his spam-like posting habits.

Just my 2 cents.

- Pulse
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

February 04, 2011, 02:47:11 PM
Reply #6

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
There also could be some new forum created for conspiracy theories and other things Kilik likes to discuss. This way no forum would have to be splitted and no forum would be "spammed".
I have put a word spam in quotation marks as it really cannot be considered spam... Ok, some threads could be merged, but still, I had always seen some objective discussion there (If I don't count idiots scolding Kilik without any reasonable arguments).

So, if there was another forum for such threads, Kilik wouldn't be limited, other forums would be spared and everyone would be happy.

February 04, 2011, 03:00:49 PM
Reply #7

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
kilik IS spamming, that's what you call excessive advertisement performed in a manner people find annoying or distasteful.

Kilik is advertising his agenda and when he can't win an argument (because he never once provided any reasonable argument for his beliefs) he makes a new thread.

This is much less loose of a definition of spam than you might think.

There has never really been any objective discussion in ANY of kiliks threads. Just kilik saying "this is this" then people shoot him down with their preferred method, then kilik goes "nuh uh".

It boils down to a never ending cycle of 'yes I did" and "no you didn't"

To make matters worse, he copy pastes his threads to other boards (I saw kilik's yoga thread on a skeptic board that i was reading for a college assignment.)

Kilik is a spammer, I was hoping I didn't have to bring the fact that he posts this crap on other sites too. Every argument being repeated verbatim.

a quick google search of key phrases will turn this up.
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

February 04, 2011, 03:05:48 PM
Reply #8

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Mindlessinvalid: OK, I understand, but it will still not revert my averse against censorship. Don't take me wrong, but Czech republic was communistic for 40 years and censorship sounds much like communism to me.

I have send a PM to Kilik about this thread so he can come here and react. This way we can maintain a discussion and solve the problem in civilizated manner.

February 04, 2011, 03:12:18 PM
Reply #9

Aurafire

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Village Idiot
    • View Profile
I think that was a good decision. I just don't want us to be the site that will snuff out extraneous ideas. I think Kilik's intentions are probably just to hear what our thoughts are on the topic. In fact, some of his topics he posts with an opposite viewpoint (like the James Randi post). But I can't speak for him entirely. We'll just have to wait and see what he has to say.
Patience is never inherited nor acquired, but only practiced everyday.

February 04, 2011, 03:21:47 PM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I would also like to say that Kilik is something like a symbol of Veritas.
Really, when I was a newcomer, names like Prophecy, kobok and Kilik were first I've got to know. It gave me some first sight in Veritas and Kilik has become an unsplittable part of Veritas.

February 04, 2011, 03:42:10 PM
Reply #11

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: Awakened
Really, when I was a newcomer, names like Prophecy, kobok and Kilik were first I've got to know. It gave me some first sight in Veritas and Kilik has become an unsplittable part of Veritas.
If you identify a half-assed vacant-minded conspiracy theorist as one of the primary symbols of the forum, then we have a problem.

February 04, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
Reply #12

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
I have known you would react that way :).
As I said, these were the first three names I've got to know. My mind simply made an association. It's like swimming in sea with your love. When you see her, you will always recall the sea... And if you lose her, you will always recall her when looking on the beach. There is nothing problematic about that.

If you identify a half-assed vacant-minded conspiracy theorist as one of the primary symbols of the forum, then we have a problem.

February 04, 2011, 03:57:55 PM
Reply #13

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
As I said, these were the first three names I've got to know. My mind simply made an association. It's like swimming in sea with your love. When you see her, you will always recall the sea... And if you lose her, you will always recall her when looking on the beach. There is nothing problematic about that.
You're eight years old and on your first trip to the mediterranean. You've never been in the sea before, but you're really excited about the whole thing. When you get in the water is cold, but you run in with enthusiasm despite it. Suddenly, you feel a stinging sensation, and before long you're crying while your parents are using urine to take away the pain.

How do you feel next time you come to the sea?

There's a flip side to how something can be memorable.

February 04, 2011, 04:06:35 PM
Reply #14

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Faijer: I am sorry for your parents had to urinate on you. It had to be a horrible experience for you. I can't imagine that as I had seen sea for the first time when I was 14 and no jellyfish was around. But I understand your point as my experience from meeting one psychic vampire caused I can't listen some bands and speak with some people asociated with him even when those people were my good friends.

I just can say that my asociation of Kilik and Veritas is in a positive way.