Author Topic: Gundarsson-Teutonic Magic  (Read 3440 times)

February 01, 2011, 07:30:06 AM
Read 3440 times

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Crazy and Can't Get out of Bed
    • View Profile
EDITED: There's a copyright on this book, so I can't ethically link it.

I gave it a quick read-through and was impressed that this author breaks out of the two patterns common in authoring books on rune magic.

A book on rune magick will have generally been written by nazis and have information but only for limited applications, or written by new age morons and be total bullshit.

Gundarsson does neither, and runs the full gamut of rune magic practices (as far as I can tell) in a brief 181 pages.

Gundarsson provides ample etymology and historical citation as well as citing sagas and idioms of the teutons, anglo saxons, and other groups that used the odinic arts.

There is very little padding to his words, and every one of his statements can be backed up by one other magickal discipline or another.

I found him easy to read, and very informative.

There is an equal amount of practical work and theory, he does take time to define his terms and tell us what everything means.

He draws conclusions based on esoteric texts pertaining to his topic, and gives his reasons for interpreting things the way he does.

Gundarsson's book covers Galdr sounds, writing wyrd, and the neccessary knowledge for Runemal. Coupled with a strong overview of the workings of each rune, this book conveys the bulk of the knowledge needed to walk the northern path.

The author also provides the reader with a more or less complete look at the elemental and cosmological models of the norse gothi.

I'd score this a perfect 10 simply because it stands out in its field.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:00:00 AM by Mindlessinvalid »
Clothes make the man, and naked people have little or no say in society.

February 02, 2011, 04:05:02 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Here is the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Teutonic-Magic-Kveldulf-Gundarsson/dp/1870450221
Here are some reviews: http://books.google.com/books?id=wJ1_GgAACAAJ&dq=teutonic+magic&sitesec=reviews

Book is really under copyright. In case you would like to break it, you could search the book on Google.
books.google.com doesn't contain a preview of this book, but there are listed some alternatives.

February 02, 2011, 08:00:40 AM
Reply #2

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I already have a source for linking the book. The question is do I want to incurr the wrath of Gundarsson's legal counsel down onto our community by doing so?

February 02, 2011, 08:03:56 AM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Mindlessinvalid: It wasn't for you, but for readers :). It is ok if you link people to google to find it on their own, giving the direct link is worse... And for sure no, we don't want our community to suffer.

February 02, 2011, 09:00:29 AM
Reply #4

Mindlessinvalid

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
added a few sentences to the end for the purposes of being more clear on what content is actually in the book.