Author Topic: DELETE ME!  (Read 63707 times)

December 18, 2010, 05:16:49 PM
Read 63707 times

codyfromhell

• Settling In

• View Profile
DELETE ME!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:24:56 PM by codyfromhell »

January 06, 2011, 10:17:47 PM
Reply #1

starseed

• Settling In

• View Profile
very niiiice.

thanks

January 07, 2011, 05:39:37 AM
Reply #2

The Loki

• Settling In

• View Profile
Alot of it is about sex magic and wicca though... Nice still. :cow:
Magic has a limit, Stupidity has none think on it please. :)
Learning ain't just reading, you haft ta jump on a pool or'a river and swim cause trust me sonny if ya don't you'll end up more bloated then me aunt Martha.

August 27, 2012, 09:10:33 AM
Reply #3

randomness93

• View Profile
Dear Folks,

The OP contains links to copyrighted works. The Authors and Publishers have gotten informed. Take down notices followed by legal action may result. I urge the moderators and owners of this site to ensure they are not hosting links to downloads that violate copyright.

Cheers,

August 27, 2012, 08:25:33 PM
Reply #4

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Hello randomness,

I do NOT speak on behalf of this website/forum, nor on behalf of the web hosts (Dreamweb or something?), and I thank you for your willingness to inform us of these things.

But I do believe there has not yet been any laws nor court rulings that make linking to copyrighted material, in the method that is used in this thread, illegal as this site/forum is not hosting the material and we're not a site designed for the explicit purpose of setting up links to copyrighted material. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act#Linking_to_infringing_content and http://www.law.uh.edu/faculty/cjoyce/copyright/release10/IntRes.html regarding a case where a person was first hosting copyrighted materials, was legally ordered to remove them and did so, but them linked to the same material elsewhere while also inciting others to violate copyright.

Certainly if Veritas, or rather the web host, were served a legal notice then I'm sure that the moderators et al would remove the post out of goodwill (though, once again, I do not actually speak on their behalf and am just guessing at the actions they would actually take). However, downloading a digital copy of a work is not necessarily copyright infringement on its own, as any person who owns a physical copy of a product is allowed to keep/make a digital backup http://www.copyright.gov/reports/studies/dmca/comments/Init025.pdf (though that might be a bit of a stretch of an explanation given that the link contains many varied books that I'd assume most people on here won't own the full physical collection of). On the other hand, sharing personal electronic copies is indeed, to my knowledge, a copyright infringement unless the person doing the sharing receives permission from the copyright holders.

So once again I thank you for informing us, but "hosting" (or rather, "allowing") a single link is, to my knowledge, not yet illegal. Someone more knowledgeable can of course contradict me.

EDIT: From http://www.linksandlaw.com/decisions-2.htm The Ticketmaster vs Tickets.com case
"Further, hyperlinking does not itself involve a violation of the Copyright Act (whatever it may do for other claims) since no copying is involved. The customer is automatically transferred to the particular genuine web page of the original author. There is no deception in what is happening. This is analogous to using a library's card index to get reference to particular items, albeit faster and more efficiently."

EDIT 2: To anyone wondering, none of the links in this post provide a definitive and overencompassing answer to the question as to whether the url linking itself is illegal.

~Steve
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:35:24 PM by Steve »
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?