Author Topic: Jumping back into a dream  (Read 2570 times)

December 07, 2010, 09:21:46 PM
Read 2570 times

Kell

• Settling In

• View Profile
I don't know if this is common or not, but it happens for me sometimes, and I was wondering how many of you experience the same. Sometimes when I wake right after a dream, especially if I woke up before the dream could finish, I can go back to sleep, and resume the dream where I left off, letting it fully come to an end. Also, sometimes when I wake up in middle of a dream, even though my body is no longer asleep, I can keep dreaming, even though I'm also aware that I'm no longer asleep. Thoughts?

Edit: Shortened the post up a bit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:19:50 AM by Kell »
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

December 08, 2010, 04:27:22 PM
Reply #1

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I think that happens to me some times, although I don't really pay attention.

Usually I wake up to go to the bathroom every night, around 3 o'clock, and when that happens I'm also usually dreaming. When I come back, I usually continue that same dream.

Yes, that definately happens to me, frequently.

December 08, 2010, 04:57:25 PM
Reply #2

Wren

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Happens to me all the time, even with the less significant dreams.

December 09, 2010, 12:21:53 AM
Reply #3

Vorthos

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Every person's life flows from one idea.
    • View Profile
Absolutely, this happens to me every morning. It is actually the best time for me to practice lucid.
Of all the exercises, diets, programs, and habits which the world tells us are healthy, the single most important, and most neglected, is an avid practice of Qi Gong.

December 09, 2010, 12:48:48 AM
Reply #4

Kell

• Settling In

• View Profile
Makes sense that it would be a good time to lucid dream, but that thought never crosses my mind when it's happening. Then of course I can never lucid dream when I want to :p
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

December 09, 2010, 07:45:27 AM
Reply #5

Cam Mensa

• Settling In

• View Profile
It happens to me about 2-3 time a week. Sometimes I don't want it to happen, and if that's the case I will wait a couple of extra minutes before I let myself fall back asleep and my dreams will change pace.
‎"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...... stuff.

December 09, 2010, 10:52:36 AM
Reply #6

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
This definitely happens, for me.

In fact, while in a lucid dream, I forgot that dream eyes = physical eyes and opened them, ended up looking physically at my room / curtains, and was like "damn it." I shut my eyes tight in frustration and, to my surprise, was physically back in the dream, with no lapse or falling back to sleep required.

I think that the line between dreams and reality is not only blurrier than most think, but far thinner and more easily permeable.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa

December 12, 2010, 05:45:38 PM
Reply #7

Searching

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Just Sayin'
    • View Profile
Yes, in fact, just the other day I was having a rather exciting dream, it played like a movie, and each time my alarm went off I hit the snooze button, went back to sleep, and saw the next segment of the dream. This continued for about four segments, I saw what I thought was the resolution, but on the last bit thought, "I wonder if that's all?" Then the next segment of the dream was a poster hanging in the air saying, "THE END", so then I knew it was safe to wake up without missing any of the plot  :biggrin:
"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

December 12, 2010, 06:21:48 PM
Reply #8

Iatros

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
a poster hanging in the air saying, "THE END"

Priceless.
"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa