Author Topic: Ba Duan Jin  (Read 2506 times)

December 19, 2003, 03:06:27 AM
Read 2506 times

sargon

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    Back from the dead
    • View Profile
http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=20

If anyone could proof-read it that'd be great. It's a long article on ba duan jin, very good for newbies.  :D

December 19, 2003, 03:37:19 AM
Reply #1

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Tis good.

That site is annoying, it's got those bleedin 'verify letters' things. They NEVER work for me, took me 3 hours to set up a hotmail account with those things!!
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

December 19, 2003, 09:56:41 AM
Reply #2

qi_master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I swear that I've seen those exercises/drawings in a Qi Gong book. Are they from another book? I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but now I'm wondering how much of that you wrote, if any of it?

December 19, 2003, 12:19:33 PM
Reply #3

sargon

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    Back from the dead
    • View Profile
I didn't write much of it, I stated that in there somewhere...
Those pictures are from a book, it's pretty obvious. I'm not trying to hide the fact that I didn't write it... I wrote the directions for each movement in a format easier to understand when reading it from an internet site.

The point is about Ba Duan jin, were you able to understand the exercises?

What 'verify letters' thing are you talking about? I'd like to fix that if it's a problem.

Ok, I added this:

Most of the descriptions and benefits from exercising Ba Duan Jin where not written by me. I am merely the messenger on this one. This is a great exercise and there is plenty of documentation written by masters. Who am I to change the way it's explained? I learned from them, and will relay the information in the same format.

There is another sentance in there that says I didn't write most of it but that paragraph should clear thigns up further.

December 19, 2003, 04:15:31 PM
Reply #4

Calvin

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Im in your statues

• Personal Text
    ...watchin your peoples
    • View Profile
Good article, I enjoyed it.
Ive just recently began practising ba duan jin, as well as zhan zhuang, so I found that quite informative.  Ive been doing the exercises from the internet (meh,  :fightmonk ) and a few of them where kind of hard to follow, but the way you layed out the steps, and inserted the pictures was alot easier to understand... :elephant:
Vitamyst

"The only source of knowledge is experience."

"Like, how do you summon 1.4 significant members? Simple, 1 significant member, followed by a certain number of random occurences of Arck."
-Vivi, on the summoning of past members

December 19, 2003, 10:03:05 PM
Reply #5

donjitsu2

• Veritas Furniture

• Hundred-plus Club

• Personal Text
    The Poet of Pugilism
    • View Profile
    • (Un)Caged Fighter
Diffrent from the 8 Sections Brocade I once learned, but some of the drills are similar to the nei gung I now practice. I like it.