Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 12:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
215212 Posts in 15337 Topics by 19779 Members - Latest Member: - psychicleader54 Most online today: 100 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Discussion Areas
| |-+  Spirituality
| | |-+  Jackal as spirit guide
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jackal as spirit guide  (Read 4812 times)
talibah
A Veritas Regular

You say psycho like it's a bad thing.

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:50 PM »

My intuition told me to go on a dry fast. While on this fast I decided to meditate and see if I could contact my spirit guide. My belief in spirit guides is kind of unsure, but I said what the hell. Anyway, a man with the head of a jackal appeared to me. I believe this experience was real because I would have picked some type of cat if I were making it up myself. I thought to myself, "What the hell is a jackal"? Then I remembered it's that dog type animal. lol I asked the spirit why is he my guide and the song, "Teach Me" by Musiq Soulchild started playing in my head. I thought about it for a moment and it sort of makes sense to me... I asked his name and he said his name is Jackal, but I can call him Jack or whatever name I feel comfortable with. After that I cut the communication off with him.

My question is who here knows about the spiritual meaning of Jackals? What do they have to do with love? The song that played in my head when I asked why he was spirit guide was a love song. I haven't found much about jackals spiritually except for info mostly on the Egyptian god Anubis. I can see the connection with Anubis since according to my natal chart, I'm naturally predisposed to things involving death. I'm trying to understand the connection between jackals(Anubis) and love.

Tantra says, forget the god. If you are the animal, understand this animal in it's totality. In that understanding itself, the god will grow...-Osho
Wren
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »

Jackals are scavengers, carrion eaters, and are thus metaphorically cloaked in the stench of death. This gives rise to the obvious association with death, but in making the jackal a god, the negative connotations are re-framed into a more positive perception. Anubis becomes the god of embalming, and thus is seen as caring for the immortal soul of the deceased. This loving preparation of the dead is the feel good sacred bit, even as the enevitabliity of death is the primal sacred truth that gets covered over. At a more religious level, the jackal is loving because it cares for the soul, and is a type of psychopomp. At a more atavistic level, it returns the energy of the deceased to the cycle of life, mirroring the religious meaning in a way, but also embodies both the fear of death, and the longing for the surcease of pain. My take. Remember the salt.
Searching
Posts By Osmosis

Just Sayin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »

Love means death.

Love is transformative. As is death.

Love can hurt or feel good. So can death.

When you devote yourself to another, your old self dies. Sometimes you purposefully sacrifice yourself for the sake of love, sometimes it happens without you even realize it.

After love, you can never be the same person again.

"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Emerald Mushroom
Posts By Osmosis

Your Mom.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:44:56 PM »

Love means death.

Best thing i've ever heard you say.

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
talibah
A Veritas Regular

You say psycho like it's a bad thing.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »

I went to the cemetery yesterday and got my answer.

Tantra says, forget the god. If you are the animal, understand this animal in it's totality. In that understanding itself, the god will grow...-Osho
Emerald Mushroom
Posts By Osmosis

Your Mom.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:04 AM »

I went to the cemetery yesterday and got my answer.

care to explain?

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
Jeckel
Hundred-plus Club
Veritas Furniture

nothing more to say

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 12:46:32 AM »

I once read a wolverine comic where wolverine came into contact with his spirit animal which was a panda. Upon questioning why HIS spirit animal was a panda and not..well..a wolverine or something, the panda responded with something along the lines of things like wolverines and wolves and stuff are actually too busy being awesome and hunting things to bother with being some dude's spirit animal.

Just a wishful thinker with the worst intentions.

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had. - Mad World
Searching
Posts By Osmosis

Just Sayin'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 01:43:57 AM »

I once read a wolverine comic where wolverine came into contact with his spirit animal which was a panda. Upon questioning why HIS spirit animal was a panda and not..well..a wolverine or something, the panda responded with something along the lines of things like wolverines and wolves and stuff are actually too busy being awesome and hunting things to bother with being some dude's spirit animal.

Cheesy

"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: