Author Topic: i saw a book about qi gong  (Read 943 times)

April 04, 2004, 04:53:09 AM
Read 943 times

†h3 Living Studen†

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
what do u think about the book " the idiots guide to qi gong" is it worth buying
" Never give up when there is nothing in you
                except a will which says to you hold on "

" Live your life to the fullest
                   because you only got one"

:mad:  :fightmonk :mad:

April 04, 2004, 01:47:31 PM
Reply #1

kakkarot

• Posts By Osmosis

• 0. The Fool... Inverted?

• Personal Text
    Pirate "Not-A-Mod" BoB
    • View Profile
nearly all of the "idiot's guide to ..." or "... for dummies" are worth buying in my opinion. in depth research and effectively communicated. usually start off slow and extremely basic so that everyone has an understanding of the, well, basics of a topic before going onto the other things.

i've read a few of the books from both series, and i've been impressed by all of them. heck, it was because of C++ for dummies that i was one of the 3 or 4 people in my advanced C++ course who passed with a mark above 70%... stupid teacher was trying to teach us MFC instead of C++ -.- (and this was in a university level school).

i can only find good things to say about them :) (but others might not be of the same opinion as me and may have had not-as-good experiences with those series of books)

~kakkarot
Philippians 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,  7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

April 04, 2004, 04:24:03 PM
Reply #2

sargon

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    Back from the dead
    • View Profile
Yes it's good, but are you an idiot? hahaha j/k

Like kakkarot stated: effectively communicating the complexity of the subject matter is what it's all about. I like that style because they explain it like a friend would, simple, to the point, plain english, laymens terms... etc...

I have a couple of there books as well.