Author Topic: How to Lucid Dream!!!  (Read 4579 times)

April 03, 2004, 05:37:11 AM
Read 4579 times

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • http://ki-chamber.tk
LUCID DREAMING- By Mason Bliss ---- COPYRIGHT
  Lucid Dreaming... a wonderful skill. Perhaps, one of the most wonderful skill out there! Lucid comes from Latin, and I think it means day dream. However, when you put the two together, you get 'being able to control your dreams'. Why? NO idea. However, I do know alot about this skill and I am going to teach you how to use it for your own 'nightly' day. First things first-
KNOWING WHAT A DREAM IS
  Before knowing how to control your dreams, you need to know what a dream is. That is mostly self- explanatory, but it is still important... so, here is a very short explanation:
A dream is many things. It can be visions, it can be thoughts, it can even be Lucid! It resembles what your inner most self is thinking, and usually if there is something dark in there, your afraid of something. It can also just be a series of thoughts and images. There you have it...
REALISING YOUR DREAMS
  Finally, something I can write about with many paragraphs... Anyway, one of the most important things about Lucid Dreaming is realising your dreams. Without realisation, there is no Lucid Dream. Let's try a few games. For the first one, you'll need a friend, and you should be spending he night at thier house. Or vise versa.
Short Dreams
  Stay up VERY late. I usually stay up to about 7:00 AM, but you don't have to get that high up. I recomend the minimal of 4:00 AM. Trust me... Anyway, Get a pillow and a blanket. Lie on the floor, pillow under your head, blanket over you. Now, have your friend count to 60 seconds, (1 mississippi, 2...). During this time, you should fall asleep, very easily... during this tme, you will be dreaming... 60 seconds later, you will be awoken, and as soon as you wake up, record your dream into a small journal (The ones that can fit in your pocket) and when you are done, read the dream to your friend. If you don't have a journal, then grab a piece of paper, and re-write it on the journal later when you buy one. If you can't remember your dream, then wait next turn... because it's your friends turn... Count to 60 seconds, then wake him/ her up. Then keep dreaming at least 10 times. Believe me, if you can remember your dreams, it will get very fun. The purpose of this exercise is to help you realise your dreams by making you dream for a very short time. When you are done with this-
Long Dream
  Finally, go to sleep for real. before your head hits the pillow, think to yourself, I realise my dreams... I know when I am dreaming... When you wake up, as soon as your eyes see the light, record everything in your dream in a dream journal (or just a regular journal). If you have to go to the bathroom, then please go first, as it is harder to concentrate when you have a full bladder. Re-Read your dream, and wait for your friend to wake up. When he/ she wakes up, let him/ her record his/ her dream. Then let him/ her read it. Then discuss your dream with your friend. Let your friend discuss his/ her dream to you. Throughout the day, tell yourself every now and then, that you can remember your dreams, that you realise that you dream, and when you dream, and that you notice that you are in a dream...
Mental Projection
  This is a game that should be preformed in the day. It is sorta like Astral Projection, but not quite. The purpose of these exercises is to help you control your thoughts... this is the first step into controlling your dreams.
Game #1
  Lay down in a room. Take deep breathes, about 3 of them, and concentrate on your body. Make sure your eyes are closed. Now, imagine your body floating up towards the ceiling, imagine the ceiling getting closer. Now, look at yourself below. Explore the room. Feel the temperature, see the items. See your friend. Now, go back into your body.
Game #2
  Do the same thing as before, except this time, go out of the room, and explore the house. feel the temperature, see EVERYTHING. Explore every inch of the house. Go back and enter your body.
Game #3
  Do the same thing as before, except this time go outside. Explore the back yard, and the street that it's on. Feel the breeze... the temperature... SEE the sun, the clouds, everything! Now enter your body.
Game #4
  For the last Mental Projection game, do the same thing. Except, this time visit a friend in another city... or state. Follow all the guidlines above, then go back into your body.
Last Game
  Later, at night, you and your friend will talk about all the dreams you've ever had in your life. It actually gets pretty fun. This will help you realise the rythym and pattern of your dreams. Now, you can re-do the whole session, or just go to sleep and dream.
Realisation by yourself
  Very simple. Just go too sleep, and record your dreams when you wake up. re read it, and enjoy your day. You should do the Mental Projection thing by yourself, as well.
Also, Astral Projection is good, as well. Now, we move on to-
CONTROLLING YOUR DREAMS
  You now know your dreams. you are ready. If you haven't gained the ability already, then do this: Say to yourself every day, that you are able to control your dreams, you can realise your dreams, you are able to notice when you dream, etc., etc., etc....
Finally, at night, dream. Think to yourself, i'm dreaming! this is a dream! Now for some action!
From there, all you have to do is think about something happening, and it will happen. Sometimes, the Lucidness will slip away, and you have to think again. When you first try it, you may have difficulty. But keep on trying, and you will succeed! Believe me, it really is fun!
Thankyou for finding the time to read this!
  I wish you all well, Seeya!
Mason Bliss
Wanna fight? Well, betta' watch out, 'cause they don't call me White Belt for nothing! :doggie:

April 03, 2004, 07:41:03 AM
Reply #1

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Hmmmm... it seems possible that it could work, but not a very reliable method on both parts... I'll re read it and even try it then post back. But what makes me think it's not reliable and even rather difficult for some is the fact that it does require a good deal of visualization. But other than that it seems do-able. Also the fact that you have to be semi-familiar with your surroundings to peform the "mini astral projection." And it does seem to rely on the fact that everything falls into place perfectly with no chance that perhaps you won't wake up 60 seconds after you fall asleep or something of the like. It's a challenge, so thanks for posting it. I'll disect it a little more later.

~Frozen
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

April 03, 2004, 08:22:23 AM
Reply #2

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
In addition to the problems Frozen listed, your guide is terribly short and undetailed.  Put some more work and research into it.

Also:  for "mental projection" I assume you mean a state similar to "mind training".  You might want to describe how to achieve this state.

"Mason Bliss"... sounds familiar.  Weren't you on Ki-Teachings?
When you describe a senseless act of destruction, such as building a catapult to launch a minivan through someone's livingroom window, to a group containing both males and females, you get these reactions:

Males:  Cool!
Females:  Why???

Thus, we see the fundamental difference between the sexe

April 03, 2004, 08:54:28 AM
Reply #3

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Short?? That thing took me an hour to type! As for research, I have tried all these things, and they do work well. I made it as detailed as i possibly could. I'm not very good at writing articles... anyway, it's worked for both me and my friend, so it might work for you... Yes, I am Dragon_Warrior... anyway, err I can try and add some more detail...
Cheers
Mason Bliss
Wanna fight? Well, betta' watch out, 'cause they don't call me White Belt for nothing! :doggie:

April 03, 2004, 10:04:04 AM
Reply #4

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
Ahh, Dragon_warrior.  That explains a lot ^_^*

First of all, I've been lucid dreaming for almost twelve years now.  I think your guide might work, but there are much easier ways to do it.  Also, you should spend much longer than just one hour on an article.  I'm working on a lucid dreaming guide myself now.  I've been working on it for two weeks, and am about halfway through.  It employs techniques that are a lot more direct and to the point.

By the way, how is a "mental projection" supposed to help you lucid dream?  All it would do is improve your visualization ability, really.
When you describe a senseless act of destruction, such as building a catapult to launch a minivan through someone's livingroom window, to a group containing both males and females, you get these reactions:

April 03, 2004, 12:41:20 PM
Reply #5

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Believe me its not hard... I was actually writing a bunch of drafts, but they sucked, so i finally put this one together. I have been Lucid dreaming for 13 years so HA! lol. Anyway, mental Projection helps you gain control of your thoughts, 'cuz that's what dreams are mostly made up of. Trust me... it works.  :doggie:  :doggie:  PET TEH DOGGIE

April 03, 2004, 01:01:56 PM
Reply #6

Salamander

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
umm 13 years? long time. U shuld b able to put together a really gd detailed guide then. I can't say ive tried to lucid dream yet, but i think the_flojo's got the point more. neway im jst being annoying. Sorry :D
Morning everyone.. Don't worry you're in safe hands with me. ~ Lee Evans

Salamander
aka Kallio Firanyth
aka Dan

April 03, 2004, 02:21:47 PM
Reply #7

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Ahhhhhh it is a very detailed article... it is straight to the point...

April 04, 2004, 02:21:05 PM
Reply #8

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Actually you're giving us more of a general idea. It is good in a way, yet bad in another. Bad because many people like details because it often makes things easier to read, comprehend, and perform. It is also good for those who have been lucid dreaming for a while to personalize your method to their own liking. But I don't know. I've already found a way to lucid dream that I think works perfectly fine.

~Frozen
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

April 05, 2004, 09:46:08 AM
Reply #9

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
You've been lucid dreaming thirteen years?  How old are you, anyway?

I've actually been doing it my whole life; I just say 12 years because that's when I started working on developing my abilities in dreams.

By the way:  lucid is English, not Latin.  It actually means "clear".

April 06, 2004, 03:54:11 AM
Reply #10

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Lucid is Latin I learned it in school. Lucid means clear but Lucid is Latin for clear. And i'm 13 years old so yes i've been oing it for 13 years, which were my whole life.

April 07, 2004, 05:04:57 AM
Reply #11

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
On average, the first two years of your life you aren't fully aware, so there's not much chance you would have been able to do it, much less remember it then.

Also -

lu·cid
adj.

1. Easily understood; intelligible.
2. Mentally sound; sane or rational.
3. Translucent or transparent. See Synonyms at clear.

[Latin lucidus, from lucere, to shine. See leuk- in Indo-European Roots.]
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

April 07, 2004, 07:06:24 AM
Reply #12

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
Okay, you said earlier that these techniques worked for you and your friend.  How, may I ask, can you use these techniques to learn to lucid dream when you already know how?  You said you've been lucid dreaming your whole life, so you would have to have written these techniques as a baby to have learned from them, a thing I seriously doubt.

As for research:  you need to test it on more than two people.  I have twelve volunteers working with my techniques right now, and feeding data back to me for my guide.  I'd like to have had more, though.  Anyway, until all my trials are over, I'm not releasing my guide.  That's research.  You need time and a lot of people and trials.

April 07, 2004, 05:29:19 PM
Reply #13

Dragon Master

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
I have more than one friend, flojo... I have had 5 friends so far who have tried it. It all worked for them. At a point in time, a year ago, I lost the abilitie (Don't know how) and me and my friend invented these techniques because we wanted to Lucid Dream... and believe me they worked, and they are simple. Are you just trying to prove me wrong because i used to be a big time Radki person?? You converted me, remember???

April 07, 2004, 05:52:36 PM
Reply #14

the_flojo

• Veritas Furniture

• Flojo Mojo!

• Personal Text
    Yarrrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
No, I'm not trying to prove you wrong.  I simply didn't get how the learning thing was possible.

Secondly, you said "me and my friend", which is 2 people.  If you'd said to begin with that there were more, I never would have said anything.

Lastly, your past has nothing to do with it.  You were a radkier, but now you've come around, and the radki Dragon Master is dead in the past.  I wouldn't bring that back up.