Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2014, 06:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
216158 Posts in 15391 Topics by 19888 Members - Latest Member: - timejourney Most online today: 104 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Discussion Areas
| |-+  Magick
| | |-+  Regrowing Teeth
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Regrowing Teeth  (Read 4271 times)
michael.25
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »

Ok, here's a fairly unusual question for you all;  how do you regrow a third set of teeth through magic?

I've heard numerous tales of tibetan lama's  doing this up in the mountain temples and since tibetan buddhists are basically magicians I figured someone here may have heard something of the technique.  Especially since buddhism seems to be popular with one or two of the members on this board.

The only way I figure it could be done would be by intense focus upon the desired outcome or some such thing, not like "the secret" type of focus but more like dharana or something similar, a very intense plastic visualization imposed upon the body realised from a very deep part of your being?  I mean, if a couple of hours of something similar can work for changing your eye colour then perhaps you could do this the same way?

Basically that's just an educated guess though, anyone already know the proper method for how it's done?  It's just that I was reading Blavatsky again today and it got me thinking of the time when she mentioned about some sixty year old buddhist monk emerging from his cave after having just regrown his third set of teeth!  I think Alexandra David Neel said something similar too, plus a few other authors if I remember rightly, to the point where I don't actually think it's all that unusual in some circles.

What can I say, the very idea fascinates me because I've always wanted to go and spend three or four years living in the forest/jungle or up in the mountains well away from civilization, in fact the times in my life when I've been happiest were when I was doing just that but I've always wondered just what the hell you'd do about dentistry??? 0_o

I suppose there are a few goetic demons that have the office of understanding and applying medicine, but I think it'd be a cold day in hell before I let a goetic play around with my body's biological makeup! Smiley

Other than that the only other route I can think of would be alchemy, but my alchemical knowledge is slim, I've never bothered with it much, despite an intense desire to practice it since I figured that there's not much point until I'm clairvoyant;  there being no real point in working upon materials that you can only see half of, especially when the most important half is the one you can't see...
Questing
A Veritas Regular

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:08:22 AM »

What would be a lot cooler and easier would be to get a set of dentures and draw sigils and runes onto each tooth.

Voila! Magic teeth.

As for going into the jungle I'm sure there are some biodegradable toothpastes or other natural means of cleaning teeth. One need not go to the extreme of regrowing teeth. Although doing a little energy work on your body now and then will  help keep everything healthy. Even teeth.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:16:36 AM by Questing » Logged

I live in a world of magic. Join me.
Emerald Mushroom
Posts By Osmosis

Your Mom.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »

Scientifically there has to be something that tells your body to not make another set f teeth after our second set.

SO in theory if you could "reset" your biological clock of sorts I suppose it's possible. But as for HOW to do it? I have no clue. Meditation? Stem cells?

Pretty random question lol

Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
Raitaro
Posts By Osmosis

The Knight of Wands

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:44 AM »

In terms of worrying about dentistry, you'd be surprised how little you have to worry about if when you're staying in the wild without all the processed sugars and shit that is in most of our food. Some clean water, a brush and some floss and you'd be fine.

The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....
michael.25
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »

yeah you're probably right but would love to know how it's done anyway.  If you can do it to your own body then I see little reason why you couldn't do it to somebody elses.

It'd certainly have some interesting possibilities for healing work.  Granted the dentists would probably all chip into a kitty fund to have you killed but what can ya do? Smiley
Searching
Posts By Osmosis

Just Sayin'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:34:13 PM »

In terms of worrying about dentistry, you'd be surprised how little you have to worry about if when you're staying in the wild without all the processed sugars and shit that is in most of our food. Some clean water, a brush and some floss and you'd be fine.

This.

When I took an anthropology class in college, my professor asked the class, "so what do you guys think peoples' teeth were like in ancient times?"

And we were all like, "they probably didn't have teeth by the time they were 20!"

And he was like, "WRONG!"

He then went on to say that they had found skeletons that still had very healthy teeth on very elderly bodies from thousands of years ago. The problem, he said, came when people started farming and a bunch of starch and later on sugars started coming into the diet. All kinds of corn based foods really did a number on peoples' teeth. And yeah, in the modern day all the processed food and stuff, not to mention all kinds of super acidic beverages would really destroy your teeth.

But he said that hunter gatherer cultures that ate meat, berries, fruits and vegetables that they found growing out and about really didn't harm teeth at all. It's when the agrarian culture set in that it's been a problem and teeth brushing really became a necessity.

As far as regrowing. Emerald Mushroom pretty much has it. Basically, when your body initially grows, there are little things that read your DNA and tell it what to start making. So when you are a baby your body has the blueprint for arms and legs, fingers and teeth, etc. Then those things grow, and a little "blocker" comes in and places itself over the code. So in subsequent times when the reader is reading what DNA to start growing, it sees the blocker that is put over "arm", skips over it, and goes right on to something that does regenerate, like skin.

So basically, if you had a masterful control over your body to the extent that you could actually direct what goes where, you could definitely, in theory, regrow pretty much anything.

Honestly, I think it's possible. There are muscles in the body that most people don't use and never control. And at first it is hard, but you can gain control over those muscles and use them at will. The heart beats without you having to think about it, but there are ways to regulate your heart beat yourself. Maybe I'm optimistic Smiley

Sufficed to say, that having that much control over your body requires a lot of work.

"For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was." - Captain Barbossa, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Wren
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »

This is all just conjecture, but if the Primum Ens Mellisae can cause the fingernails to fall out and regenerate and cause post-menstrual females to ovulate, a similar tincture of Horsetail might work to regrow teeth.  I do doubt you would be bringing a laboratory with you into seclusion however, so it's probably not the best answer, but it is something different than DMILS or Diet, so maybe it can be mentioned without being too off topic.
michael.25
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

No reason why it couldn't be made prior to leaving, a tincture in a bottle isn't hard to carry around.

Alternatively, there's a possible market for miniaturized backpack portable alchemy labs (modern technology can be wonderful sometimes no?) here which could be a good line for the more entrepreneurial alchemist of todays world.  All those precious metals and stones cost money after all.  Although I'd think it could be a literal pain in the arse trying to get it through the customs and onto an Easyjet.  Smiley

P.S.  Why would horsetail be associated with teeth?  My alchemical knowledge is very much in the realm of generalities, I know the aims of the work, and some general knowledge of the methodology but I have an entirely profuse lack of knowledge of the details of the art.  As for the Premum Ens Mellisae,  I read a little about that a couple of years ago and to be honest considering everything else which it's meant to do I was surprised that there were no reports of the teeth replacement anyway since by what I know of it, it generally causes a sloughing off and replacement of most everything else...   Shame nobody's supposed to know how it's made anymore (presuming that it wasn't just a myth anyway, which I don't think it was), unless I'm thinking of something else.  Which is more than possible. ;p
Wren
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 02:18:50 AM »

Horsetail is given as being a plant of Saturn. Saturn is the planet associated with Binah. Binah rules over form and structure, and everything hard, like bones and teeth. Saturn is also the gateway between the "Wandering stars" and the Fixed stars in traditional astrology, which gives it an initiatory role, which for practical purposes, means that consuming a really fine concoction of horsetail should not only give you new teeth, but also give the sensation of boundless joy and sorrow intertwined.
michael.25
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 04:29:01 AM »

ah I see what you mean.  Yeah that makes sense now, fascinating, thanks.
Tricky
Veritas Furniture

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »

Sorry to go off topic, but I always thought the changing eye colour was a little fluffy. Has anybody here actually done it and see good results?
michael.25
A Familiar Feature

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »

kichara did it if I remember rightly http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=820.0
Iatros
Posts By Osmosis

يا باطن يا باطن يا باطن

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:12 PM »

Anybody can say they've changed eye color, and yeah, it seems fluffy because of the sheer quantity of people who've tried, and therefore sometimes claimed, to have done it.

The only thing that will kill the fluffy feeling now is a documented experiment posted somewhere, with pictures over time.

"And in this lies my honour and my reward, - / That whenever I come to the fountain to drink I find the living water itself thirsty; / And it drinks me while I drink it." - Almustafa
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: