Author Topic: Best Way to Astral Project  (Read 6617 times)

March 25, 2010, 09:30:24 PM
Read 6617 times

socialfly00

• View Profile
Everybody has his/her pet astral projection technique. Mine happens to be the rope technique. Perhaps it works best for me because I am a rock climber. The most natural thing for me is to clamber up an imaginary rope and find myself out of my body. Which is the best astral projection technique for you?

December 29, 2010, 04:01:53 AM
Reply #1

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Staying still and void...
This one is quite difficult, you have to lay down on bed without any movement and without any thought, there must be only intention to leave your body and going to Astral plane...
During this method you feel as your Third Eye Chakra is activating and you can feel as your body would be floating, rotating, spinning.... That is the hardest part because you still have to stay still and thoughtless.

January 02, 2011, 08:01:57 AM
Reply #2

darkestyet

• View Profile
Carlos Castenada says, when you realize you are dreaming, look at your hands in your dream. This overlaps conscious and unconscious and you become lucid. How does lucid dreaming relate astral projection? Its a runway.

April 06, 2011, 09:47:27 AM
Reply #3

drsnuggles

• Settling In

• View Profile
Any thoughts/input on this?

Spent the last hour and half laying down trying to stay conscious while letting the body fall asleep.
At about an hour in I could feel my body buzzing lightly, and by not doing anything but focusing upon it, the buzzing became more intense and I could feel like electricity running over and through my whole body.

I couldn't get any further than this, and it got to this apex 2 or 3 times, then snapped out of it and had to start again, and after a half an hour could only get the slight buzzing to occur.

Does this sound normal to anybody who has experience in projection/OOBEs?

What would you suggest to get past this wall I am hitting?

April 06, 2011, 09:59:15 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@drsnuggles: Ok, here is a way how to astral project (this is commonly known, not from my own experiments... in case someone would like to blame me because of dangerous stuff).
1) Lay still and relax, take three deep breaths to get ready
2) Close your eyes and analyze every part of your body, relax every part that is still stretched... this can take a while, but it is a must for astral projection, you must be relaxed, you see? :)
3) Imagine a door in as much detail as you can, personalize the door, imagine this door is locked
4) Imagine you are taking a key from your pocket and unlocking the door
5) Open the door and imagine a long tunnel behind the door (also in as much detail as possible, play with your fantasy).
6) Enter the tunnel and close the door behind you (also lock it so nothing gets in), don't forget to put the key back to your pocket
7) Go through the tunnel to the end

This won't be enough to get you to astral project (at least not at first), but it will help you to get to your goal a bit faster.
I also recommend you to read book Out of Body Experience from Robert Peterson, it can be found here: http://files.vsociety.net/data/library/Section%205%20%28C,%20I,%20O,%20U%29/Peterson,%20Robert/Unknown%20Album/Out%20of%20Body%20Experiences%20-%20How%20to%20Hav.pdf

April 06, 2011, 10:05:28 AM
Reply #5

Lilith

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Of The Void
    • View Profile
I am not sure if it is a specific technique but way i astral project is I get my body and mind very calm and then start looking for a "door", like an exit point in my cognitive reality and then once my conscious attention and this "door" align i shoot upwards. Sometimes i just find myself "there" and sometimes i just fly very fast to get there :)
I hold a firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

April 06, 2011, 10:13:06 AM
Reply #6

drsnuggles

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thanks for the quick replies, folks.

See, I'm no Magician. While I have a very active imagination, my visualization techniques are sub-par.

When I close my eyes I see black (usually do this under the covers so I don't become distracted by the black and orange/red variation you see when you close your eyes under within sight of the sun), and eventually I will see greeny/purple blotches which eventually form into patterns that I can't recognize.

It wasn't until I hit that first hour mark with the intense buzzing that I began to see clear images and colors, but they were involuntary and being pushed upon me by my mind.

So, is there a certain level of visualization that is required to project or OOBE? Or should I be waiting until images become clearer and trying to harness that?

April 06, 2011, 10:16:39 AM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@drsnuggles: This is harder to explain. In a book I have sent you there is written that clairvoyance and OBE sight are different so maybe it is not needed. Really read the book :)

April 07, 2011, 02:56:24 AM
Reply #8

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Visualization does not mean seeing it in the darkness of your eyes. It's pretty much just imagination.

April 07, 2011, 07:07:38 AM
Reply #9

drsnuggles

• Settling In

• View Profile
Visualization does not mean seeing it in the darkness of your eyes. It's pretty much just imagination.

Could you kindly clarify what you mean by this?
Many thanks,

Drsnuggs

April 07, 2011, 09:21:18 AM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Willi: There is not "see" as "see" :).
Of course I have meant with mental and not physical eyes :).

@drsnuggles: This is a bit harder to explain...
When you imagine something, you see it with mental eyes, when you observe material world, you use physical eyes. If you want to observe spiritual world you need spiritual eyes (a bit simplified, but be it).
I have already told you that clairvoyance and OOBE sight is somewhat different, now let me explain in more detail.
Both clairvoyance and OOBE sight are different sight styles of spiritual eyes.
You can develop spiritual eyes by two ways (this is again a simplification)
1) Imagination with mental eyes (enough long and plastic imagination)
2) Using after images of physical eyes, good technique for that is Trataka (you look long enough into a candle flame and then you try to hold the afterimage in front of your eyes as much as possible).

Now regarding imagination:
When you imagine something, you "see" it, but not with your physical eyes (it doesn't even matter whether physical eyes are closed or opened). You perceive your imagination as if you really seen it, but that's not possible as physical eyes can see only physical reality.

Now about planes: There are four planes: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
I have already told you that you can develop spiritual eyes using physical or mental process. Here formula "As above so below" applies pretty well.
There is also another way of developing spiritual sight, and that lies on emotional level. You see, very strong emotion can also help you in development (Many people who lost their beloved ones got this gift to see them in their afterlives). Problem here is how to differentiate between these four planes. If what you see wasn't forced to your sight using your imagination and it's not based in either physical or spiritual plane, then only mental or emotional plane can be its source... That, in fact, means it is only a mere hallucination.

This post was very simplified but I hope it helped at least a bit :)

June 03, 2011, 01:30:48 AM
Reply #11

Aunt Clair

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
    • River of Enlightenment
Everybody has his/her pet astral projection technique. Mine happens to be the rope technique. Perhaps it works best for me because I am a rock climber. The most natural thing for me is to clamber up an imaginary rope and find myself out of my body. Which is the best astral projection technique for you?
Methodology to begin
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1158.0.html
Basal Methods
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php/topic,17481.0.html
OBE Method
http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,1421.msg4009.html#msg4009
.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~