Author Topic: To dream of Night Terrors  (Read 1809 times)

March 12, 2010, 09:21:44 AM
Read 1809 times

Wren

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Within one week, I've twice dreamed of experiencing Night Terrors. I'm actually not sure if the first was a dream or not, but all the standard Sleep Paralysis symptoms were in play, including something I could not see from my position hissing at me (out of annoyance, I hissed back sarcastically). After it was over I simply returned to dreaming, which is why I think it might have been a dream of the experience. The second time I was firmly in dream mode, when I felt the symptoms of Sleep Paralysis while observing from a pseudo-third-person point of view. The first episode was my first real experience with Night Terrors (I had experienced a state of exhaustion deep enough that I could no longer move my body as I wished, but that didn't have the feeling of being suppressed), so the frequency concerns me. I'm also concerned that I'm starting to feel touch while in dreams. What is going on with me? Am I simply becoming more lucid? If that is so, why am I not able to control even my own body in these dreams. Why am I suddenly feeling touch even when my dream sight is poor? How do I make it stop? Any imput would be appreciated.

March 12, 2010, 01:38:01 PM
Reply #1

Rafnul!

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• he-who-posts-lots

• View Profile
I had a dream last night that I was shot once in the back, and another time through the neck.  I felt both shots, and the warmth of the blood draining out of me, and the dizziness and shock of extreme blood loss.  It took me about... oh, I don't know 3-4 minutes to lose consciousness in my dreams from these wounds.  Even during this time, I did not exhibit abject terror.  There is nothing abnormal about feeling touch, pain, smell, sounds, sights in your dreams.  It happens.  And you can die in your dreams and still wake up.

March 12, 2010, 03:56:50 PM
Reply #2

Wren

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I know that, but I normally don't experience the sensation of touch, smell, or taste until after vision and hearing are at near waking consciousness level of detail. The fact that my dream was still very foggy while still experiencing pressure and pain was what caused my concern (along with the frequency and sheer displeasure sleep paralysis symptoms bring on). I don't think I've had a dream at the level of detail you are talking about, but if I did, I would think that something strange was going on. I can only remember dreaming with a sensation of touch once before these two dreams as well. I can't say for sure, but I think I would want to stop dreaming of being shot if I experienced such a dream. I am glad that it is not abnormal, and only new to me though, so thank you Rafnul!.

March 12, 2010, 04:00:28 PM
Reply #3

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
If you are actively working towards becoming more lucid, maybe you are making progress, but are feeling anxiety or fear about what is happening.
I choose the Twilight Path to the Dawn.

March 12, 2010, 04:36:10 PM
Reply #4

Wren

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I'm not, but thanks for the input. I am very bad at reading my own emotions, and what you said sounds logical enough.

March 12, 2010, 08:43:30 PM
Reply #5

Emerald Mushroom

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your Mom.
    • View Profile
Are you trying to stop these dreams?

Or are you genuinely concerned about something getting you?

If your simply trying to stop the night terrors, I suggest a regular sleep cycle. Yes, a bed time.

If your concerned its a little more than a simple night terror, I suggest going on the offensive.
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.