Author Topic: Mentor Program closed until further notice.  (Read 4539 times)

March 07, 2010, 04:03:04 AM
Read 4539 times

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
Topic says it all. Due to repeated lack of interest from both mentees and mentors, the program is closed until such time as there is adequate support for it.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

March 07, 2010, 08:44:20 AM
Reply #1

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
Does this apply to those who have just applied within the week, or all mentors and mentees?
I choose the Twilight Path to the Dawn.

March 07, 2010, 03:19:39 PM
Reply #2

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I think it can be assumed that it applies to all and if a person is a current mentee and has a relationships with a mentor, then Im sure the two have already worked out future contact.  What I would really like to stress is that even if there is no official program, that folks in here needing help and needing advice can *always* talk to those they feel can help them thru the chat or by private message, there need not be an official mentor/mentee agreement.  I, myself, have always been open to people e-mailing/chatting/IMing me to ask for help.  If I cannot offer you anything, I will directly tell you.  I would be willing to bet that most others here that were mentors would also do the same thing in most cases.
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

March 07, 2010, 05:06:26 PM
Reply #3

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
That's cool, I just wanted to be sure what exactly was going down here.  I totally understand that there's a world and a life outside an Internet forum.

March 07, 2010, 06:37:25 PM
Reply #4

XIII

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Ḥ̵̲̗̫͈̩͕̐̓͆o͔͚̣͎͚͜ř̶ͦ͒̈̐͂r͍̱ȏ͉̟̱̬̥̩ͤ̎r̮ͨ̽ͫ ̊ͭ

• View Profile
I will always be open to those who have questions or guidance as well. Formally, the program is closed, but many of us will still take on mentors. Actively seek me out, and I will help to the best of my ability.
<@kobok> And if you push hard enough, you can shove quite a lot into a chicken.

<@Trowa> When someone told him to jump off a cliff, he argued the semantic meanings of "jump" and "cliff", and then proceeded to do just that.

March 08, 2010, 05:26:38 AM
Reply #5

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
I appreciate the offer.  I'll have to ask my mentor how he feels about continuing to help me or not.