Author Topic: Interesting Dream  (Read 2223 times)

November 06, 2009, 07:22:45 AM
Read 2223 times

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
I don't normally pay attention to my dreams, much less remember them, but this one I had last night stuck out. Hopefully, one of you can help me figure out what it could even possibly mean.

Now, it is a little bit blurry, but I have the majority of the dream in mind.

Well, I was in my house, playing with an unfamiliar dog. Dog reminded me of a Bulldog and a boxer combined. Well, I head to my front door and open it and sit at the opening and let this unfamiliar dog run around outside and play. At that point, my dog, a black lab, comes up to me and lays down beside me so then I continue to pet him.

This is where it gets even more odd.

Now, in my mind, anything past the two trees in front of my house is kinda blurred out and bright, but I don't notice this. Out of no where comes a girl named Nicole and shortly after, my sister.

Let me tell you a bit about Nicole. Amazingly hot ( :P ) preppy girl that was my landlord at one point in time. She is also the sister of my only true enemy. We all lived in the same house at that point in time. Eventually I moved out. Of course, I should mention that she doesn't really like me that much and neither does the family. All because I wouldn't sit down and take my enemy's bullshit. Oh, and she is married now too.

Back to the dream. Well, after some talking (all I can see is lips moving but I don't actually hear anything) that one odd dog and two more just like it (although different sizes) run into the house and play. I have no idea what happened to my dog, Bill. We all go in, I sit on the floor against my couch with my legs stretched out in front of me and Nicole comes and sits in my lap. Even in my dream my jaw hit the floor. Well, not literally in the dream but you get the idea. She then continues to talk to my sister which is just standing off to the side in my living room. I start hearing a buzzing and then I wake up to my alarm.

Is this just one of those random crazy dreams? Probably is, I just thought it interesting.
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

November 06, 2009, 10:59:24 AM
Reply #1

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
there are a couple of things you should identify first.  What are your feelings towards Nicole, what does she represent to you in an emotional sense? 

Also, since the dog(s) are playful and not menacing, you should define what the dogs represent to you, whats the whole emotional undercurrent of the dream, was it pleasant or annoying or anything?
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

November 06, 2009, 12:20:17 PM
Reply #2

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Feelings toward Nicole: Indifference. She may be a bitch, and yes I do think so occasionally, but I really don't have much of any kind of feeling for her. She was just another person.

Towards the original dog, nothing but having fun playing with him. Then love of my dog, Bill. Those other dogs that ran in, "WTF.. whatever". (I'm actually very carefree except a few things, if you couldn't tell)

Most of all, there wasn't a single underlying feeling for the whole dream. Honestly, this maybe just another dream with no meaning. I was just curious on, if anything, could be gleaned from it.
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

November 06, 2009, 04:20:22 PM
Reply #3

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
That is possible, however one's house often represents themselves or their personality and often to their "soul".  So what happens to your house represents what happens to yourself/body/mind/spirit connection.  If the dream had no underlying angst, I'd say its your subconscious just replaying its state of affairs in some mild symbolic form and things seem to be going along, business as normal.

November 07, 2009, 07:18:38 AM
Reply #4

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
If the dream had no underlying angst, I'd say its your subconscious just replaying its state of affairs in some mild symbolic form and things seem to be going along, business as normal.

If you only knew how wrong that was. ;)  (I'll tell you in chat if I see you)
▲ ▲

My Blog 
My Art!!!

November 07, 2009, 11:39:29 AM
Reply #5

ChezNips

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Teacher

• View Profile
I rarily ever go to chat these days, too busy with work and social life and being in and out of the hospital on a regular basis again.

You would hate me, I got invited to the Kiss/Rob Zombie/Deville thing next saturday.  Its some VIP meet and great thing.  :)

January 30, 2010, 06:44:51 PM
Reply #6

darthlobo

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Padawan Learner
    • View Profile
I've heard that dogs represent loyalty towards a male figure in your life.  Maybe it has to do with someone completely different.
I choose the Twilight Path to the Dawn.

January 31, 2010, 12:48:23 PM
Reply #7

Tomega

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
@Sethair

Well, I will try to give my opinion, aldo I do not know how much of it will be correct, since its YOURS dream, so it must be first be interpreted by yourself  :wink:

First of all, you must understand that all parts of dream are different parts of your self, or some situation. You mention your house. Often, when we dream buildings, houses, it represents ourselves. As house is bigger, with lots of rooms, it better, symbolising our own capacity. Also when we walk in that kind of house we often confront familiar and unfaliliar spaces in it filled with joy, fear etc. Which means that thrue dream we come to different parts of our own self and confronting with it. So, in your dream house is symbol of you.

Talking about clear and blur part of you soroundings. Probebly means border of awarnes in your ordinary life. And thats normal. Every human have that thiny line, heh  :biggrin:
Now about dogs. You said one is black, and other (maybe white), aldo that is not important here. What catch my attantion is staht you talk about faliliar and unfamiliar dog. At that sentence you express polarity. Familiar and unfamliliar. This two poles are polarity of some situation. But good sign is that these two dogs are in harmony between self, and in harmony with you. The gole of that two dogs symbolicaly would be to form yin-yang of some situation.
Also one of Tarot card tell about joining of polairities by simbol of two sphinx pulling chariot.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/img/ar07.jpg

Also its quite interesting when you talk about how these two dogs behave. One is more pasive, and other is active. Just like yin and yang forces, right.
On second point, you talk about 3 unfamiliar dogs. Probebly sub structures of one polarity (active one), that you could found in your life. What that is I do not know, you should found for your self. Also there is interesting part here. You say that this 3 dogs run into house. So, that means that in reality there is structure of behaving (expresion) in some situation thrue 3 modes of behave packed in one during expressing it. Search where you active express your self in some situation in your life, thrue 3 simmilar modes packed in one "Outfit" in some situation, and that is still not in control of you? Problebly you would found that.

Peak of you dream would be if this 3 black dogs and one (Bill) go into house (YOU), together, to form Harmony, right  :wink: Well here I am talking about posibilities only.
You should try to found what this 3 active (unfamiliar) dogs means in situation of hating your "enemy". Could for you this white dog menas polarity of LOVE, and 3 dark active dogs subparts of your own HATE. Try to balance this two poles in your self, and hatred from your life situation toward that person will dissapear. Try to use meditation and forgivness in your heart to disperse negative energy and form harmony of yin-yang from your situation polarity (Love-Hate).

You could go advance this evan more further. Use meditation of: This 3 dogs turn into one simbolising HATE, and see your dog as Symbol of LOVE. Let in your mind eye this dog be equal be different in their polarity. No, ralise that this two dogs must become ONE. Let in you mind eye this dogs respect each other and accapt. Let they play, and on one point join this two dogs becoming ONE.

Girl, either you feal attracted to her in your daily life, try to search whats it represents for you. Probebly thy way your conflict must be resolved. I think that is is simbol showing a way how to resolve conflict. Girl, problebly simbol of "pasive" approuch, resloving problem thrue "contraction", like quality of water element. So, maybe the way is in searching resolution thrue introspection, resolving problem true within, not from outher action (what would probleby be a simbol of male figure, if you dream of it, and you did not).

Thats, short from me  :)
To Know, To Will, To Dare and To Keep Silent