Author Topic: Post your workouts VSociety!  (Read 25917 times)

April 16, 2011, 08:18:46 AM
Reply #30

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
ive never been good with workouts (i get bored easy) so what i do is a take on shadow boxing, except it's free for all and i use imagery to replica the worst opponent i can imagine (think grizzly).
for a normal workout I do a kind os squat where i almost jump with all my might, stop myself when i get to my toes, and then force myself back down.
my maximum is 100 rps.

June 14, 2011, 08:20:55 AM
Reply #31

Tricky

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    • My facebook, add if you want
From the 8th onward I will be doing the following workout regimen.

Monday: Weight training, consisting of compound and isolation lifts for the chest, shoulders, and triceps. HIIT to end the workout, followed by stretching to increase flexibility.
Tuesday: Weight training, consisting of compound and isolation lifts for the back, core, and biceps. HIIT to end the workout, followed by stretching to increase flexibility.
Wednesday: Cardio, and HIIT to end the workout, followed by stretching to increase flexibility. Kung Fu practice later in the day.
Thursday: Plyometric and intesive weight training with one exercise per major muscle group (chest, back, shoulders, core, legs). HIIT to end the workout, followed by stretching to increase flexibility.
Friday: Cardio, and HIIT to end the workout, followed by stretching to increase flexibility. Kung Fu practice later in the day.
Saturday: Swimming, consisting of lengths for cardio, and underwater Kung Fu practice for fibre-recruitment and power.
Sunday: Rest.

There arent enough legs in this workout program.

June 14, 2011, 11:21:31 AM
Reply #32

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
You should've said that a bit earlier, now Faijer has been using the wrong regimen for a year and a half. ;)

September 01, 2011, 04:02:16 PM
Reply #33

naimihero

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
well, changed now
now i just go full power for as long as my breath holds

December 04, 2011, 10:11:15 AM
Reply #34

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Everyday multiple sets of active stretching(bridges, Isometric leg raises, and the twist hold)

Also I do advanced calisthenics with Heavy lifting regimen and I run to and from the gym which is a mile from my house.

My heavy lifting regimen consists of 10 rep warm up sets with light weight. Then it goes to 5 rep full range of motion sets at 80% of my 1 rep max ending with 1 rep at 95% of my 1 rep max and 1 partial rep 20%over my 1 rep full range of motion rep. I spend anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes at the gym at most.

Monday: push up/ bench press/leg raises

Tuesday: Cardio burst interval training/mind training/ forearm grip training(hanging on to a doubled over towel, isometric)/ neck training(wrestlers bridge variations)/ calf training(one legged toe raises)

Wednesday: Squat(regular heavy lifting squat and and calisthenics piston squat)/ pull up/ bent over row

Thursday: cardio burst interval/ extended plyometrics

Friday: Deadlift/ overhead press/ Hand stand push up

Saturday: rest/ active stretching

Sunday: rest/ active stretching

I know this seems like over training but I started at working out hard for 3 days then resting for 4 days then i worked my way up to this regimen in 6 months. I also have moderate pre-workout meals and I overeat at night. I am 6ft even and I weigh 195lbs with a guestimated 13-15% body fat. I make an average 5-8% strength gains every 2 weeks(sometimes more on a specific exercise. I test my max every 2 week by resting a day and eating alot between every max testing).

My max bench is 235lbs. My max squat is 445lbs, and my max deadlift is 405lbs.  

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:16:53 AM by MariusAnil »
Life is energy with purpose.

December 04, 2011, 01:31:18 PM
Reply #35

Patanjali

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
- 6 foot 8 inches tall
- current weight 230-240

Daily yoga ( asana) generally for a hour or so.

Krav maga three times a week, 120 minute training sessions. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Kapap one a week ( I wish more). 40 minutes. Saturday morning

Keysi method fighting, twice a week. It's pretty cool. Lots of elbows. Mixes well. Only Monday and Friday.

I just started taking line combatives. I was lucky to get involved, generally its usually only military. My occupation allows for it. This is twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday.

Daily body weight exercises, based on push UPS, high jumps, long jumps, squat thrusts, up downs, mountain climbers, sit UPS, push UPS and pull UPS. Three sets, 10 to 15 reps each. This allows me to gain the needed muscle, but not too Mich. I'm already a large guy. Also, working private security and freelance I need to hand to hand combat conditioning over all else. I do lift weights, ever other week, on a split routine. Using mostly very heavy weight and light reps, 3 sets. The first set burns the acids from the muscles, being around 30 reps. Then 6 reps, then the heaviest being four reps. Heavier weight recruits the white muscle fibers rather than red. Giving more strength. Given I only workout every other week, i still get my results. The workout is less that 20% though. It's about what you feed your body. Your nutrition is far more important. It will make or break any routine. Two people can do the same routine, the one who eats in accordance to the routine will prevail.

December 04, 2011, 05:50:28 PM
Reply #36

MariusAnil

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
It's about what you feed your body. Your nutrition is far more important. It will make or break any routine. Two people can do the same routine, the one who eats in accordance to the routine will prevail.

Yep I eat lean meats and foods with low glycemic index to prevent very high insulin spikes. I also eat a pre-workout meal(with whey mixed in with milk) so my insulin spikes half way through my workout and remains high after to speed up recovery.
Life is energy with purpose.

November 25, 2014, 01:48:47 PM
Reply #37

LordGreystoke

• View Profile
I've been doing the Bruce Lee Workout for the last few weeks. I exercise regularly, but Bruce's old training routine is tearing me up at the moment. It's because I was pretty meat and potatoes with my weight training and my body hasn't yet gotten used to the variations of the compound strength exercises, isometrics and ab workout that Bruce Lee did. I'm really into the philosophy of it all, too. I even added some of the diet supplements Bruce Lee used like bee pollen, rose hips and royal jelly to my diet. It's not a normal workout, but I'm really into fitness and I adjust his old training to my personal capabilities and tastes...like a remix. It all just started when I saw Enter the Dragon on TV randomly. After researching how he went about his fitness, I really grew to appreciate Bruce Lee's more spiritually-oriented take on the body as simply an extension of the spirit.

November 25, 2014, 03:20:59 PM
Reply #38

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I've been doing Muscle Control and Isometrics since 1998. Google Maxalding to know what I do.

November 25, 2014, 10:04:24 PM
Reply #39

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Bruce Lee was an amazing athlete, fighter, and martial artists.

I've been concetrating on progressive calithenics for almost two years. Recently I attempted a thirty day challenge to do 200 push ups a day (all at once or throughout the day), but only got through two weeks. I've been taking it easy for the last three days.

Starting after this post, I'm going to attempt 100 pushups for thirty days (yes, this post inspired me).

I got the idea from Barstarzz Youtube channel.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

November 26, 2014, 03:22:54 AM
Reply #40

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Personal challenges like that are a great way to develop willpower. Good luck. If you can't do 100 per day do 50, 25 reps am, 25 reps pm.

December 04, 2014, 01:43:37 AM
Reply #41

Ekstatikos

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    "It was ME! I was the turkey all along...!"
    • View Profile
I follow the callisthenics program set out by the Convict Conditioning books, and do my best to supplement it with regular involvement in other physical activities and sports.
~ Io Daimon Eriounes Theon ~

"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not over much!" ~ Aleister Crowley, Liber AL vel Legis

To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Be Silent, and To Liberate

December 04, 2014, 12:42:24 PM
Reply #42

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
Have you heard of Progressive Calisthenics Certification by the Kavadlo Brothers? Check out pccblog.dragondoor.com if you haven't. Basically, it's a three day intensive certification course based on street workouts and Convict Conditioning.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."